Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Brazilian super model smokin' hot. 😳
Well almost....but most definitely make Mickey Gilley forget how to play the piano hot.

""Play something country hot"

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sounds like it was worth acquiring the scar! Sorry your hunt wasn't up to par; but it's still bird hunting, so it was still good. I hunted with my oldest son in northern WI in 2015, my first and so far only grouse hunting. Weather was perfect, but I was told they were just coming out of the low end of the cycle. We still found a few birds, don't recall the total number of flushes, but 3 of us got 5 grouse and a woodcock in 2 days' hunting. My career average so far is .500 (1 for 2). Unfortunately, said son moved to Georgia less than a year later, so that trip has been it for me. cry

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Battue,

Your Merlot looks tired in that pic! Glad he got in some good work up there, despite summer-like conditions. And gosh what a tiny grouse. Wonder how old??

We hunted lots of covers that looked a lot like that. Its some hard, hot work in there for the dogs, when there is an understory of brambles too. We mostly made the trip bc/ we lost our Rocky to a malignant splenic tumor this summer. Despite moving heaven and earth in a vain attempt to defeat a malignant hemangiosarcoma. A horrible cancer which rarely shows any outward signs at all, until its too late to save them. mad

So we were down to just one dog, our Scout (also FBECS) is now 12 1/2 yo and good for 3-4 hours of work on a nice cool morning. We have made an effort to keep him and me, in decent shape for bird hunting this summer. But he just a tremendous amount of prey drive and was always ready to go. And we just never know when it will be time to retire him to the sofa. But that kind of hunting is hard for any one dog for three days in a row. He just slept practically all the way home. Usually I alternate days hunting him down here.

Mrs Bumpo was along for the trip so after a field lunch we went back to the hotel for a swim and a jacuzzi soak and then a nice nap! And then out for a nice dinner. So no evening hunts for us, which is always a good time to go back.

Looking forward to better bird numbers and more typical late October weather conditions next year.!!

NB

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nat,

Sorry about your Dog and I understand. I had to put Toby, the black Cocker, down this summer. His back had been bothering him, and then one day he was limping. The next more and by the third, his back legs were completely paralyzed. I trust the Vet and he said do it now. First time in 11years he didn't hunt with me.

That Bird was taken on a quick hot afternoon and Merlot was running low on his sugar. It was not long out of the egg. The breasts are no more than perhaps two inches long and may not make that.

Wishing you the best the rest of the season.

There Ya Go,

She really was a cute girl and with a great personality. On the mend, but she had potential.

The hunt was just fine. Not a lot of shooting, but the Dogs had more than a few solid contacts. A young Setter had some solid Woodcock points and Merlot had more than a few nosefuls that had him wired.

Last edited by battue; 10/20/17.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I won't get a chance at upland for a few weeks yet.

I did get my 15 month old pup out on her very first hunt - the opening weekend for waterfowl.

Had a cripple come back to life that gave us some excitement.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

5 year old gets a retrieve while the pup follows along.

[Linked Image]

Dogs and decoys.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems to be a good year for grouse here. Lots of flushes but the birds are wild and flush at first contact. None will allow the dog to point and almost all will flush without being seen. The dog has got locked on a few woodcock which is nice to see. The dog does work well finding downed birds but those are hard to get. Maybe the birds will slow down when it gets colder. Still quite warm here. No frost yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alamosa

I did get my 15 month old pup out on her very first hunt - the opening weekend for waterfowl.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dogs and decoys.

[Linked Image]

Rumor is you guys got skunked recently. eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Alamosa

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dogs and decoys.

[Linked Image]

Rumor is you guys got skunked recently. eek

Double skunked! I had some unhappy campers after that.

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
This fall's Wyoming gobbler!!!

[Linked Image]

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Maine Northwoods.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Very nice photos of a good dog.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
2 Bud's and I hit the Pa game lands for the second time for Pheasants. Many of the Birds are surprisingly strong flyers with wild flushes traving over 500yards. Dogs are doing better than fair at finding. Last Friday 28 Birds were put up and 5 taken home. Today 16 and 6 rode home with us.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 10/30/17.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is good to hear. I'm going to get Dot on them up in Warren County in a couple weeks.

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Beautiful photos and dogs... Wonderful.. What shotgun battue??? Our pheasant season opens Sat.. We will miss the opener, but hunt a week or ten days after...

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks,

The first day I used my Fathers Parker VHE 16Ga and today the Ithaca 37 28ga. One friend used a Beretta Ultralight O/U 12Ga and the other an SKB sxs 20Ga.

Best of luck to both of you....

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Fine guns.. I will be using my old 870 12.. Tried the 28 one year, but with open country and flushing dogs, not good..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Seems to be a good year for grouse here. Lots of flushes but the birds are wild and flush at first contact. None will allow the dog to point and almost all will flush without being seen. The dog has got locked on a few woodcock which is nice to see. The dog does work well finding downed birds but those are hard to get. Maybe the birds will slow down when it gets colder. Still quite warm here. No frost yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bell on the dog, double gun, brace of grouse...It doesn't get more Classic. cool

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
2 Bud's and I hit the Pa game lands for the second time for Pheasants. Many of the Birds are surprisingly strong flyers with wild flushes traving over 500yards. Dogs are doing better than fair at finding. Last Friday 28 Birds were put up and 5 taken home. Today 16 and 6 rode home with us.

[Linked Image]

I don't think the dogs were ready to call it a day. whistle

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Merlot should have been. That is some nasty thorny country, and on getting some of them out during the evening at home he had a couple lower hanging delicate parts glowing red.

I appreciate what he does. Hope it appreciates the Bag Balm. grin

These expressions possibly more accurately display how they feel.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 10/31/17.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,848 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,257
Posts18,467,069
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.