Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In principle I don't disagree with Trump. As an owner I should have the right to fire anyone I employ if they violate company policy. And standing for the National Anthem would be company policy. But Trump made a serious tactical error. The last count I had there were only 5 of 1700 players who did not stand 2 weeks ago, The trend was dying, it was getting no press coverage. And getting the cameras on the protesters and having the press talking about them was the motive for sitting.

I know people are saying Trump should lay off but I hope he keeps pushing this button. The more heat applied to this issue, the more people will boycott these schitheads..

The more heat he applies the more validation he gives them. If Trump had kept his mouth shut the movement would have self destructed within weeks. Now we'll hear all about it for the rest of the season and will see even more protesters.

Last edited by JMR40; 09/23/17.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And the commissioner is saying that Trumps words are divisive.

And what those players are doing by kneeling and doing the raised fist/black power thing from the late 60's,just makes them normal folks.

The Not For Long needs to take a hit over this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
The more heat he applies the more validation he gives them. If Trump had kept his mouth shut the movement would have self destructed within weeks. Now we'll hear all about it for the rest of the season and will see even more protesters.

Umm, I beg to differ but Krapernick started this a couple years ago, and now there are only more doing it. This wouldn't have stopped in a couple weeks. In fact, it has only grown. It's time to call them out and shine a light on them.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Trump just told the Warriors to stay at home and they were now uninvited to the White House to celebrate their 2017 championship. Pretty sure this is all over his comments on Anthem kneeling.

Good for Donald!!

At a time when many are telling athletes to “stick to sports,” the President definitely isn’t sticking to politics.

Following last night’s strong comments about the NFL, both as to anthem protests and the lack of old-school violence, Donald Trump has rescinded the invitation extended to the Golden State Warriors to visit the White House.

“Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team,” Trump tweeted within the last hour. “Stephen Curry is hesitating, therefore invitation is withdrawn!”

It’s a surprise the invitation ever was extended. The Warriors had been ambivalent from the get-go. Coach Steve Kerr had called President Trump a “blowhard” and “ill-suited” for the office, and Curry had responded to a claim from UnderArmour CEO Kevin Plank that Trump is a “real asset” to the nation by saying, “I agree with that description, if you remove the ‘et’.”

Last month, Warriors star Kevin Durant said he won’t go to the White House, explaining that “I don’t respect who’s in the office right now” and adding that “if I know my guys well enough, they’ll all agree with me.”

And so now comes the un-vitation, which possibly is an effort to avoid the indignity of swinging the door open for the Warriors and having no one walk through it.

Why is this relevant on an NFL news outlet? Because come February another Super Bowl champion will be crowned, and it’s possible that one or more of the key players will express similar ambivalence about visiting the White House, especially after last night’s verbal assault from the man who lives there. Which means it’s possible that the President will un-invite — or never invite at all — the NFL champions to pay him a visit.

I LOVE IT!!! More MAGA!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, I'm inclined to lean with JMR on this one. It had indeed started to subside. There were only a few kneeling last week and the camera's never showed any in the games I watched.

Now I believe a massive amount of fuel has been thrown on the fire and tomorrow and weeks to come will look like a BLM reunion. Probably even see it in basketball now. Plus you will likely see a bunch of ignorant whites and Hollyweird in the mix!! mad

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by Rooster7

I didn't think that I would ever stop watching my Vikings but now that Sam Bradford is injured, there are a lot of rumors about the Vikings picking up Kaepernick.

Sure hope not. Any team that picks him up would be more looney than Kaepernick himself. Hang in there. Bridgewater will be back mid-season!

Our hometown hero Case Keenum will get the start for the Vikings. Guess I got to watch Em now. grin

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think every black player in the NFL should refuse to play in another game until Trump apologizes.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Done with the NFL. Never really watched anyway.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe this is about to go well beyond the NFL. Just look at the tweets and what all these so called people of influence are calling for.

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I think every black player in the NFL should refuse to play in another game until Trump apologizes.

Yeah sounds great.....a bunch of quarterbacks and kickers with a lot of tight ends sounds fun....a real offense dominated game. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ironically about the only sport or organization that would probably and actually do anything about it AND still opens with invocation is NASCAR!!

Don't mess with those folks for sure! Even the women will kick your butt!

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What kind of a ball does this so called "NASCAR" sport use? 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
What kind of a ball does this so called "NASCAR" sport use? 😁

Fireball

http://fireballwhisky.com/

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by byc
Actually, I'm inclined to lean with JMR on this one. It had indeed started to subside. There were only a few kneeling last week and the camera's never showed any in the games I watched.

Now I believe a massive amount of fuel has been thrown on the fire and tomorrow and weeks to come will look like a BLM reunion. Probably even see it in basketball now. Plus you will likely see a bunch of ignorant whites and Hollyweird in the mix!! mad

Been happening in all sports based on what I've read, collegiate, pro, high school on down to 8 year olds in IL. It wasn't dying out, only gaining steam. Hell some Seahawks players were doing the black power raised fist last week. Just because the cameras don't focus on it when it happens, doesn't mean photos and articles are not circulated in the week(s) after the game. The reason it's not focused on when on TV if because the NFL knows why it's losing viewers but won't publicly admit it. To say it was a dwindling movement is to ignore all the media focus on these actions AFTER the game is over.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Believe what you want. Time will reveal.

And the only Seahawk player I saw raise his fist was Michael Bennett, which had more to do with his own personal arrest. And it was after a play on the field. Maybe I missed something else but kind of hard to blame him. I would be pissed as well.

What collegiate teams?? What other sports??

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
Oh Noes!!

Don't lose the pro (black) athlete demographic!

lol! The NFL can GFY....!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Think I'll start calling them Nillers

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
That POS NFL president makes it out to be a mortal sin that Trump "disrespected the NFL". But somehow it's okay to disrespect the flag and national anthem??? So basically, he saying the NFL is more deserving of respect than the flag. The priorities of this country are truly FUBAR.

love football, and hate to make those patriotic guys playing football suffer for it, but for my money F the NFL (nasty fing losers)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like I said Randy I believe this is about to extend way beyond football. Not sure where Fish is seeing it now but I have not seen it in any other sport or celebrity event yet. Key word being "yet." But in all fairness I don't watch that much TV and I'm fading from the daily news fast.

Also, wonder how many in all areas are now writing into their contracts and negotiations that they have the right to do as they please when it comes to observance?

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sure CNN will be all over Trump for being a Racist White Right Winger.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

394 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 56 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,418
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.