-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It be a fine backup, I never go with one. Don't go to deer camp with one rifle either.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[quote=SockPuppet]

Sweet! smile Very nice wood too!

My cuz has one with a few mods he shoots trap and skeet with. I shot a round with it, and think you'll really like it! wink

Thanks! I picked this one up at the Grand Opening of Cabela's in Albuquerque. I'd heard of guys scoring good deals on used guns at Cabela's on occasion, but wasn't convinced it actually happened. It was a little under priced to begin with in my opinion, and when they couldn't find the plastic case I got 'em down about another 20%. I may shoot it some, but my real goal is to give it to my oldest daughter if she continues shooting. She's done well with her Beretta A300 and this will be a nice upgrade for her. I think I get more of a kick out of buying them guns than buying them for myself. smile

Last edited by SockPuppet; 09/23/17.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Most major firearms companies use imported shotguns as a price marker model.

Lots come from Turkey.

My Yildiz came from Turkey. I've not shot a better shotgun.

http://www.yildizshotgun.com/en/super_07.html

Turks make great shotguns for the price. Very functional, and no big deal if the cops drop it in an evidence bag. You'd cry more for the light then the gun.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rockinbar;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust that the day is as nice down where you're at as it is up here across the medicine line today.

I tried to find a 6 point bull elk or whitetail buck this morning as they're open, but failing that I brought home a load of reasonably dry fir so it was a worthwhile run anyway.

On the Turkish shotgun thing, they sell a few different brands up here that look remarkably similar to the one in your link. I think it was last spring that I picked up a similar looking one marked Uzkon that was on sale for what I considered a reasonable price from a shop where I buy hi-viz delrin followers and HD springs when I'm making "shoo bear" shotguns.

Anyway I bought one of the 14" ones - they have a 13" too, but it's only 3 shells capacity I think and honestly this 14" is loud enough. I want to say I've run something like 2 boxes of trap loads through it and then another 20-30 rounds of slugs and buckshot and it's worked perfectly. So much so that it's now replaced the Lakefield Mossberg I've had for over 40 years as my meat packing arm. I believe the little Turkish shotgun is about a pound lighter than the Lakefield.

So while that's not an exhaustive test by any means, it works good enough that I'm using it as a "serious social arm" so one can ascertain that I trust it to make noise when asked.

[Linked Image]

That's all I know about that - oh I meant to say the stock follower in this one was a tad thin and is plastic - but I replaced it as I do on all "serious" shotguns that cross my bench. The follower spring is very heavy duty though and absolutely didn't need to be replaced. I did stick a trigger shoe on mine as I thought the stock trigger was a bit slim and finally I installed a Tru-Glo Fat Bead on it too - again something I do unless the owner doesn't want it.

The only kicks I have are it's like an 870 in that its a finger pincher with the shell lifter when you're loading it and the recoil pad could be better and because it's an odd shape it's going to take a bit of cogitating to install something like a Decelerator on it.

Hope that helped someone out there and was at least moderately useful information.

All the best to you this fall and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I looked one over at a Weakley Watson in Brownwood the last time I drove through there. They seemed pretty stout built to me..
That's because you're a fuggin retard and don't have a clue about judging quality. The action arms on those guns aren't attached to anythinhg but the plastic in the forearm. I've seen a bunch of broken ones that needed a new forearm and the new ones will break again the next time the action gets racked a bit too vigorously.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the reply, Dwayne!

That bottom shotgun sure looks like the same manufacture of the one CBC is selling that I linked. That kickpad is a pretty dead giveaway. wink I'd probably put a slip on decelerator pad over the whole mess! laugh

Good to hear that it works. I kinda figured it would be a decent shotgun, as I have dealt with CBC a few times in the past and found them to be honorable.

Got some pigs that showed up since the hurricane that need killin'. They were back again last night.

I ran into a group of them one foggy morning last week out in the back pasture. I don't know who was more surprised, me or them. I had my AR15 handy and fired 3 shots before they got the thick brush on me. All 3 shots were hits. 2 died on the scene and one ran a bit. Not too bad shooting for a one eyed fat man... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I looked one over at a Weakley Watson in Brownwood the last time I drove through there. They seemed pretty stout built to me..
That's because you're a fuggin retard and don't have a clue about judging quality. The action arms on those guns aren't attached to anythinhg but the plastic in the forearm. I've seen a bunch of broken ones that needed a new forearm and the new ones will break again the next time the action gets racked a bit too vigorously.

Umm... I think he's a pretty good authority on firearms. The man knows his stuff. He ought to, as he's been in the business professionally for awhile now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I bought a cheap one yesterday, but it was a bit more than the one in the link:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

WOW!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Umm... I think he's a pretty good authority on firearms. The man knows his stuff. He ought to, as he's been in the business professionally for awhile now.
Yeah me too. Maybe a bit more professionally and for a bit longer than him.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Of course.

You are without a doubt the undisputed best of the best, in all things.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blackheart is a expert on Mental Midgets. As in He is one!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Dude! WTH?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Every thread has at least one.

This one drew 3...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you don't like being called a retard when you don't know WTF you're talking about then perhaps you should keep your big, ignorant mouth shut and quit calling me a retard at every opportunity. All of you old fuchtards on here act like a bunch of little boys all the time .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

Dude! WTH?

Some stroke the pump harder than others?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by byc

Dude! WTH?
Paybacks are a bitch huh ? Little boy should keep his mouth shut if he doesn't like it back.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
If you don't like being called a retard when you don't know WTF you're talking about then perhaps you should keep your big, ignorant mouth shut and quit calling me a retard at every opportunity. All of you old fuchtards on here act like a bunch of little boys all the time .

Holy crap, dude.

Do you read what you post?

There was no name calling in this entire thread until you came in. Most threads you participate in go down the same drainhole.

Why don't you do us all a favor and dis-invite yourself from my threads from now on? Seriously.

If you have something useful to add, it can be done with a bit more tact, and a lot less name calling.

If you conducted yourself as an adult, then maybe people WOULD take what you had to say seriously.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Says the Mental Midget. crazy

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/23/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Watch out Rockinbbar and Chlinstructor,blackheart might start a "call out" thread and also demand an apology before nightfall tomorrow.

Just a heads up,ok guys. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 19 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.