-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm mixed on it David, I'm all for freedom of speech, but I'm all for freedom too. For my money a guy working for me or in this case a NFL owner can protest all he wants, on his own time. When I'm paying him I expect him to adhere to company policy. If the owner's policy is to let his employees disrespect our anthem, the flag and this country that allowed him to make billions to buy a sports team??? Well F him he doesn't need my money.

Also not gonna drink any Budweiser either or whomever else advertises on these "games"

all Trump is doing is pricking the boil that's been growin imo. Time to take a stand and take sides. I'll side with the folks buried in Arlington, and those still standing watch over our country thanks.

I'm not a vet, but I'd like to know how many of you vets that served always felt like the US armed services you belonged to, always treated you fairly or respected your right as an individual? And if so, does that make you want to sit or kneel when our anthem is being played?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We're on the exact same page Randy. BUT I ain't gonna stop drinking Bud. Besides Tecates is the only other beer I will happily drink! smile

Also, AB does a lot of good elsewhere. Especially, with our brave service men and women. Not to mention the recent natural disasters. I do get that their primary responsibility is to its shareholders. And ME along with my consumption!!! smile

Younger people in this country need to grow up and spend a little time with a history book. If they don't then I fear much will be lost with the passing of ours and the next generation's. After that it's a train wreck.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I'm sure CNN will be all over Trump for being a Racist White Right Winger.

Say that 4 times quick.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gooddell playing the victim would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. Hard to see what is divisive and disrespectful about expecting millionaires to respect the flag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Believe what you want. Time will reveal.

And the only Seahawk player I saw raise his fist was Michael Bennett, which had more to do with his own personal arrest. And it was after a play on the field. Maybe I missed something else but kind of hard to blame him. I would be pissed as well.

What collegiate teams?? What other sports??

It has nothing to do with their "cause" and everything to do with their methods. These guys have a camera and a microphone ANYTIME they want one. If they have a beef to complain about, all they need to do is go up to any reporter and say they have a statement to make. Every reporter would salivate to give them an interview. If they did it offline, I would be happy to listen to their statement and think about it. As a disabled veteran, when they choose to make their statement during the national anthem, they piss on the graves of everyone whose ever given their life for this country. As soon as they do that, I couldn't give a schit about their cause because now they're disrespecting me and millions of others. Their methods are completely counter productive to their cause. When they're on the football field, they should stick to PLAYING FOOTBALL. On their own time, they can complain to a reporter whenever they want.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I'm sure CNN will be all over Trump for being a Racist White Right Winger.

Say that 4 times quick.

grin

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Well,......here's what I think.

If people enjoy watching negro competition, they need to give up the NFL and the NBA and go rent 'em a second story hotel room with a balcony in ghetto St. Louis or ghetto Chicago,.....put on a bullet proof vest,...mix up a drink,...sit on the balcony and watch 'em go at each other in a serious fashion.

I'm sure the hotel room costs less than a superbowl ticket and there won't be nobody there who takes a knee and survives it.

Watch the *real* thang instead of people bouncin' and runnin' a ball here and there for multi million dollars a year.

Go see the raw version.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by byc

And the only Seahawk player I saw raise his fist was Michael Bennett, which had more to do with his own personal arrest. And it was after a play on the field. Maybe I missed something else but kind of hard to blame him. I would be pissed as well.

It has nothing to do with their "cause" and everything to do with their methods. These guys have a camera and a microphone ANYTIME they want one. If they have a beef to complain about, all they need to do is go up to any reporter and say they have a statement to make. Every reporter would salivate to give them an interview. If they did it offline, I would be happy to listen to their statement and think about it. As a disabled veteran, when they choose to make their statement during the national anthem, they piss on the graves of everyone whose ever given their life for this country. As soon as they do that, I couldn't give a schit about their cause because now they're disrespecting me and millions of others. Their methods are completely counter productive to their cause. When they're on the football field, they should stick to PLAYING FOOTBALL. On their own time, they can complain to a reporter whenever they want.

I totally agree!! And I believe my previous positions fully support this.

Go Nats!!!!

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I like what he said about the kneelers... You're Fired!

Keep in mind that these guys all have contracts that spell out the reasons they can be fired. While I don't like their actions, it is an expression of free speech, which we all support - right?

Donald Trump has made a career of enforcing contracts and has brought over 3,500 lawsuits for things he deemed against a contract or perceived injury, so he knows full well how these tings work. see: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-trump-lawsuits-legal-battles/84995854/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by byc

God bless you and I thank you for your service.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
[quote=MtnBoomer]Keep in mind that these guys all have contracts that spell out the reasons they can be fired. While I don't like their actions, it is an expression of free speech, which we all support - right?

There's a big difference between supporting their right to free speech, and having to like what they do. I have the right to call them a piece of schit too, which I will. Also, let's not forget, they are getting paid in their contract to PLAY FOOTBALL, not to be political activists. And while they are on that football field, they are employees. It would be a totally different story if they complained off the field on their own time. If you saw a cop, on duty, during the national anthem, flipping the bird to the flag, would you make the argument that it is free speech and they couldn't do anything about it?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've watched Lebron dunk a ball 'till I'm tired of it.

I wanna watch Darnell demonstrate his prowess with a Hi-Point foety.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've watched Lebron dunk a ball 'till I'm tired of it.

I wanna watch Darnell demonstrate his prowess with a Hi-Point foety.

When watching episodes of "Cops" on TV, 95% of them that get arrested for having a gun are toting a Hi-Point. eek

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bristoe is on to something. Even in little Hagerstown MD, at least for this honky, the porch antics mid-day midweek we're hilarious! And free!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
love trumps stand...most of the players doing these protests have the mental capabilities of a chia pet..if not for sports for which they are superior athletes thay would be making minimum wage or selling drugs or some other criminal activity to make money....they are priviledged to make the income they make and become wealthy....it is a disgrace and sickening...but so is the society we live in today..it is all part of the out of control political correctness of today...the owners are chicken [bleep] cowards concerned only about the bottom line which is the almighty dollar...atleast the majority...to disrespect the people who defend this country past and present and our flag is beyond words...sadly it is what it is and true conservative love for country is a dying concept..the far left is winning and will win..the hell with the scum who show this disrespect,promote it and allow it..f..k em.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by byc
I believe this is about to go well beyond the NFL. Just look at the tweets and what all these so called people of influence are calling for.

Maybe Trump should stop with the Twitter bull crap and start working on getting money for the wall; repealing the ACA; tax overhaul and everything else he promised and wet the bed on. Enough social media games.

Do the work!!!

Last edited by RollingThunder; 09/23/17.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When watching episodes of "Cops" on TV, 95% of them that get arrested for having a gun are toting a Hi-Point. eek

I love Cops and watch it all the time on Spike TV. What I've learned is they have a charge for anything and everything that could possibly be tied to you in that moment of stay. I believe some of the violations are even made up on the fly from some sort of existing law. Just build on what's already there.

If they want to arrest you they always have a fall back to do so. The guy who goes free is usually a real nobody.

I wonder about the guy who has one pill in their car, which they may have a prescription for but then they wind up with about 29 additional charges to include the one lone pill violation. Or the guy who is riding his bike at night with no head lamp or riding the wrong way and when they tag him he's destroyed with other charges like possession of a pocket knife!! shocked

Learned a lot about what NOT to do versus what to do from watching Cops!! wink

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

If people enjoy watching negro competition, they need to give up the NFL and the NBA and go rent 'em a second story hotel room with a balcony in ghetto St. Louis or ghetto Chicago,.....put on a bullet proof vest,...mix up a drink,...sit on the balcony and watch 'em go at each other in a serious fashion.

I'm sure the hotel room costs less than a superbowl ticket and there won't be nobody there who takes a knee and survives it.

Watch the *real* thang instead of people bouncin' and runnin' a ball here and there for multi million dollars a year.

Go see the raw version.

I'd have to drive a long way to witness such actions but I do enjoy going to the boat launch on a sunny day and watching white people dump their boat on the ramp or fat old white guys get fighting mad over some perceived oversight in weekend boating ethics. I often help the old school solo moocher in his 16' Arima or '76 Reinell but they've usually got the routine down pretty good.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Go see the raw version.

I'd have to drive a long way to witness such actions but I do enjoy going to the boat launch on a sunny day and watching white people dump their boat on the ramp or fat old white guys get fighting mad over some perceived oversight in weekend boating ethics. I often help the old school solo moocher in his 16' Arima or '76 Reinell but they've usually got the routine down pretty good.

Yeah,...ya gotta be careful around those white people.

Maybe you need to move to East St. Louis Illinois so you don't encounter any of them.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Isn't that way mo' fun!!?? I do it all the time with my sister. Just a cooler, couple of chairs and the day!!

I'm an ace around docks and have helped out many. Especially, those with a single screw. Learned from one of the best waterman on the Chesapeake Bay. Gentleman taught me everything and it all started in open water. Not around actual wood and other people boats.

Amazing what people try and accomplish around the docks. Better than an airport park!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

590 members (257 mag, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 260Remguy, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,292
Posts18,448,967
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.