Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Has the pistol been tried with anything other than that original box of Hornady ammo? Looking at the photo of the blown cases, the cannelures on the cases look pretty ironed out. My 10mm Glock has about that much unsupported case head and I don't even get smilies with some pretty high pressure loads. (That said, I load new brass, reload it once then toss it.) I have to wonder if Springfield isn't correct about the ammo being over pressure.

Mathew 22: 37-39

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
call dan at hornady he took good care of my 17hmr head seprate rebuilt the bolt / new mag / an swap out unfired boxes of shells

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
that's an ammo problem, not a gun-design problem.

The XD series has been running millions of rounds of ammo just fine for a long time now.

Try some other type of ammo and see what it looks like. Then call Hornady.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
CZ's are notorious for having chambers that won't allow all factory rounds to fully chamber. I know for a fact my Beretta will take a longer OAL round then my sons CZ P09.
Blammer have you tried an empty case to see if it seats fully? It might just be a matter of chamber/ammo incompatibility.

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I guess you boys missed the earlier post I made stating I tried 3 other types of factory ammo in the chamber, they all sat the same way....

winchester ranger 127gr
winchester 115gr rn
remington 115gr rn

NEW never fired never primed never nothing case

all sat the same way.

Last edited by blammer; 09/23/17.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
IC B2

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
and yet through all of this no one else has a picture of an xds 9mm with a factory round in the chamber like I have on my first post.

closest I got was a 40 cal...

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Almost looks like they used a 380 reamer instead of a 9x19 reamer for that chamber!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I tried a 380, it no fit good at all

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I wouldn't send them another penny! If they didn't send you a new gun I'd never buy another Springfield.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by blammer
spoke to the kind lady at Springfield today. I sent her the picture in the first post and asked if she would show it to their technicians to see what they had to say.

Here is the reply I received.

Dear MR........

I have had a chance to conference with my Technician about the photos you shared. He does not see anything alarming in the photos in regards to the size of the chamber or the fit of the cartridge. There should be no issues related to the function of the firearm for you or any future owner.

He believes that the reason the casings are so damaged is because the ammo is running hot.

Thank you and have a nice day!

ok, good enough for me, the gun is for sale.

Ridiculous. That much of the case is unsupported, and that's how they designed it?? I'm disgusted. It's going to keep shearing off case heads with anything approaching a full-power round. In a 380, I might be okay with that much case sticking out, but in a 9 running 35K+ psi, it's going to damage most cases beyond reloading, and shear them regularly.

I would contact Hornady and get them involved next. Then I'd call a lawyer.

What is a lawyer going to do for you?

Originally Posted by FreeMe

Over $94?

Originally Posted by cra1948

Over $94?

Lawyer, expert witnesses....shouldn't cost more than a hundred grand to get some satisfaction and maybe, just maybe get the cost of the pistol reimbursed.

Defective/dangerous product. How do you think products get corrected when the company yawns and then charges for repairs when faced with a faulty design that's already on the market? Would you want your daughter, or one of your grandchildren firing that pistol?

First, the XD is not a defective design, second there isn't enough damages to cover the costs of a law suite.
Again what's a lawyer going to do for you. Answer nothing but cost you more money.

You're obviously "winning" at life. Please continue to hand out advice, champ.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
spoke to the kind lady at Springfield today. I sent her the picture in the first post and asked if she would show it to their technicians to see what they had to say.

Here is the reply I received.

Dear MR........

I have had a chance to conference with my Technician about the photos you shared. He does not see anything alarming in the photos in regards to the size of the chamber or the fit of the cartridge. There should be no issues related to the function of the firearm for you or any future owner.

He believes that the reason the casings are so damaged is because the ammo is running hot.

Thank you and have a nice day!

ok, good enough for me, the gun is for sale.

Ridiculous. That much of the case is unsupported, and that's how they designed it?? I'm disgusted. It's going to keep shearing off case heads with anything approaching a full-power round. In a 380, I might be okay with that much case sticking out, but in a 9 running 35K+ psi, it's going to damage most cases beyond reloading, and shear them regularly.

What is a lawyer going to do for you?

Over $94?

Over $94?

Lawyer, expert witnesses....shouldn't cost more than a hundred grand to get some satisfaction and maybe, just maybe get the cost of the pistol reimbursed.

Defective/dangerous product. How do you think products get corrected when the company yawns and then charges for repairs when faced with a faulty design that's already on the market? Would you want your daughter, or one of your grandchildren firing that pistol?

In order to make any point in a lawsuit, you have to show damages. So far, we have a $94 repair bill and maybe some bruises. Maybe Blammer can claim some emotional stress 'cause he got skeered a little (for a minute there). Maybe you'd like to fund the tort claim process for part of the winnings?

No, you don't have to "show damages" amounting to only the cash outlay for repair.

Example: you buy a new truck. You drive it home. On the way, the brakes fail, and you wreck into your front yard tree. You call up the manufacturer/dealer and describe what happened. You know the brakes failed. They look at it and tell you the brakes are fine, and charge you for repairs, then tell you to come get it. Is the problem here the expense of the thing, or is it your fear for your safety if you try to drive the truck again, or is it both, plus the manufacturer's disregard of the problem too?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You're obviously "winning" at life. Please continue to hand out advice, champ

You're an idiot and continue proving it.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I asked that the thread be closed.

pissing an bitching at each other, go somewhere else and do it.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I guess you boys missed the earlier post I made stating I tried 3 other types of factory ammo in the chamber, they all sat the same way....

winchester ranger 127gr
winchester 115gr rn
remington 115gr rn

all sat the same way.

Of course they "all sat the same way". How hard is it to understand that if the barrel locks up with the slide and a live round, that round has to be fully chambered? No 380 chamber, short chamber, etc.; it's chambered correctly and the ammo fits the gun.

Have you stopped to wonder how all the other XDS pistols work without blowing up? I'm not a big fan of the design, but it's pretty clear that you've got an ammo problem from your pictures of the blown cases. The fact that you fired more than one is comical, especially after making the first post showing that you were concerned about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

In order to make any point in a lawsuit, you have to show damages. So far, we have a $94 repair bill and maybe some bruises. Maybe Blammer can claim some emotional stress 'cause he got skeered a little (for a minute there). Maybe you'd like to fund the tort claim process for part of the winnings?

No, you don't have to "show damages" amounting to only the cash outlay for repair.

Example: you buy a new truck. You drive it home. On the way, the brakes fail, and you wreck into your front yard tree. You call up the manufacturer/dealer and describe what happened. You know the brakes failed. They look at it and tell you the brakes are fine, and charge you for repairs, then tell you to come get it. Is the problem here the expense of the thing, or is it your fear for your safety if you try to drive the truck again, or is it both, plus the manufacturer's disregard of the problem too?

Brilliant. I am aghast.

Blammer - have you talked to Hornady yet?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Yondering

winchester ranger 127gr
winchester 115gr rn
remington 115gr rn

all sat the same way.

Of course they "all sat the same way". How hard is it to understand that if the barrel locks up with the slide and a live round, that round has to be fully chambered? No 380 chamber, short chamber, etc.; it's chambered correctly and the ammo fits the gun.

Have you stopped to wonder how all the other XDS pistols work without blowing up? I'm not a big fan of the design, but it's pretty clear that you've got an ammo problem from your pictures of the blown cases. The fact that you fired more than one is comical, especially after making the first post showing that you were concerned about it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

winchester ranger 127gr
winchester 115gr rn
remington 115gr rn

all sat the same way.

Yes, we understand they all sat the same way. Did you shoot any other ammo besides the Hornady?

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I asked that the thread be closed.

pissing an bitching at each other, go somewhere else and do it.

Unfortunately that has become typical here, rather than the exception.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B

winchester ranger 127gr
winchester 115gr rn
remington 115gr rn

all sat the same way.

Yes, we understand they all sat the same way. Did you shoot any other ammo besides the Hornady?

well by the time the 3rd round was fired, the gun was in no condition to shoot anymore, so that pretty much precludes shooting other ammo doesn't it?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
181 members (12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 16 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.