-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm on the leading edge of societal evolution as it relates to the nfl, I've been ignoring it for the past 65 years.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

The need for Affirmative action in sports is apparent.

Never watched much sports , I am a Damn poor spectator.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by rem141r
i think they'll change the rules to no longer require the national anthem at games and end up with some queer pregame rap song that makes the blacks happy. thats the point of this all. just make the blacks happy.

Originally Posted by Tracks
They will stop playing t the anthem and think they have solved the problem.
What we've seen lately is not the problem, but only one of the signs.

I think you guys are right. When that happens, I think they'll lose more fans.
And I "think" you're spot on...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Quit having the anthem, don't give them the opportunity to belittle our country.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Me either and I played high school ball and wasn't too bad at it. Watch other people play a sport was never my idea for entertainment. I understand that some people love it and get into the whole team competition thing. To each his own. I dont say to others what they should do . There are worse pass times than watching football with your buddies. That said I dont watch much outdoor programing either. I watch a few select shows where they hunt in wild places. i dont care for watching someone sitting in a stand shooting deer and high fivin hollering I smoked them. But again to each his own.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 09/26/17.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Veiwership down only 10% doesnt seem like it will move the needle much. Maybe it will drop more.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I turned off the kNeelers Football League yesterday. I was thinking if they'd address this anthem situation I'd come back. Then I got to thinking even if the NFL somehow forces the players to stand for the anthem, would I go back to watching games knowing that some of the players are only standing because they'll be fined/fired/whatever if they don't get off their asses?

Honestly, I don't know if I want to go back knowing they're only standing because they're essentially forced to do so.

I think the contracts should say "You will stand for the national anthem or you will not play that day and you will be fined $100,000." It's like Marshawn Lynch and getting fined $50k for not attending press conferences and speaking. He showed up and he "talked."

I think the NFL will keep doubling down on stupid for another 1-2 months until they're really taking it in the shorts in terms of revenue. Then they'll come up with a policy that players will stand for the anthem or they'll hit the players financially. I'm not sure I'll come back even once they fix this because it will ONLY be fixed for financial reasons. We'll see.

And yes, we needed another thread on it.

I am with you on this. You can't teach respect and civics to this group now. I am not sure the NFL will get it. They keep blaming things on hurricanes. Really, who spends 3-4 hours a day watching hurricane coverage? I watched on Sunday and the beginning of last night's game, but I am done with them until they change dramatically. I am not sure I won't watch again, but it won't be over some ceremonial bone thrown to the masses.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The ducks, chuckar, geese, quail, and chuckar (devil birds deserve this twice) will all be catching hll this season on Sundays.

I'll watch some college football on some Saturdays, but not any games with "sure NFL prospects" showcased.

Let me know when you need a pard...

Any day. I'm a free man, no job or bosses.

The NFL will probably drop the anthem and have some neeeegraazzz sing "America" instead or maybe "God Bless America". Since they're not The Anthem, it will be OK to kneel, squat, stand on your head, whatever.

Meantime college football will thrive, until those numbskulls who were recruited for on-field ability and not for any potential scholastic prowess start to kneel. It's coming to colleges near you. Mark my words.

I agree with you. It will trickle down to college and high school. Give it time.

Last edited by barm; 09/26/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i havent seen much football the last few years, a trend likely to continue for some time to come

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Veiwership down only 10% doesnt seem like it will move the needle much. Maybe it will drop more.

Next Sunday and Monday will be the real test.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what the ratings were last night? Dallas is always a big MNF draw.

Edit: Looks like last nights ratings were quite high. Maybe folks tuning in to see if the Cowboys would bend the knee or stand at attention?

Last edited by MadMooner; 09/26/17.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I didn't see the opening of the Packers game this weekend, but in the past, the Packers have had no part of this kneeling to disrespect the flag/anthem crap.

Here's the Packer Sitters.........

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
packer sitters.jpg (53.6 KB, 5 downloads)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It makes me glad I don't watch football games.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
BTW: Here's a handy tip for you guys who want to watch the game, but don't want to let them know you are. Stop using the cable, satellite,or Internet. If you're watching cable, they know it. If you're watching via satellite, they know it. If you watch from the Internet, they know it. If you DVR a game off anything other than broadcast TV, they know it.

If you switch to Broadcast TV, there's no way to know what you're watching. If you switch back to broadcast TV from any other form of delivery, it'll look like you've turned off.

Me? I'll probably watch one more game. I gotta see if the Bengals go 0-4 or actually beat the Browns. Past that, I'm perfectly happy to leave the TV off on Sunday afternoons.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here's another thing you can do to support Trump. Go into whatever restaurants or other vendors that are sponsors of your local team and tell them you eating here one last time, to let them know. You're boycotting their business until they drop sponsorship for the team. I plan a trip to the local Gold Star Chilli restaurant over lunch today and this will be my last order of Gold Star Coneys until February. I can get plenty good chili elsewhere.\

Every little bit helps.

Screw 'em.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not a single freaking game in my house all year...including the super hype bowl.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit. - - - - .

The NFL can and does direct the players regarding what they can and cannot wear, do and say under certain circumstances (all of those areas have been construed as "free speech"). Hypocrisy at work in the NFL leadership. Where do you get your "think"?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

Just found out the NFL does require the players to be out on the field and stand during the National Anthem or get fined. They are breaking their rules and Goodell is allowing it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

Next Sunday and Monday will be the real test.

Dave

Yep. It'll be tough but I'm not watching any football next Sunday/Monday. Maybe I'll go to church instead. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I wonder what the ratings were last night? Dallas is always a big MNF draw.

Edit: Looks like last nights ratings were quite high. Maybe folks tuning in to see if the Cowboys would bend the knee or stand at attention?

I think this Sunday and Monday had a lot of people tuning in for just that reason. To see what their teams were doing.

I love football but shut it down after the Baltimore and Jaguars stunt. I could tolerate a couple handfuls, but this is the whole league defying our country and our president and nothing else.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (280fan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.