Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Hey guys my dad and I are looking towards going to Kodiak in November to deer hunt with Jake Jefferson. We are very excited to say the least! We are flying into Kodiak on the 13th, hunting the 15th-22nd, and flying home the 24th. Hopefully that will give us some time to look around a little. I was hoping you guys could give us a recommendation on where to stay during the time we are going to be in town and perhaps some places to eat, stuff to do, or must see stuff? This is my dads first time in Alaska and could be his only trip so we want to make the most of it. I appreciate the help!
Thanks
Eli

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Kodiak Inn, a Best Western I think. On main drag. Eats, try Henry's a few blocks away.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by scottf270
Kodiak Inn, a Best Western I think. On main drag. Eats, try Henry's a few blocks away.

THIS

also, if you like beer, there is a brewery down the road a block that serves only beer- no eats.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sitka deer has a friend that has started a B&B. It sounded pretty nice.

Are you on foot or renting a car?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by TNsavageman
hunting the 15th-22nd, and flying home the 24th.

Those are good dates for catching the tail end of the rut. Hope you get some big ones. Take lots of photos (if wx allows)

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pray for some snow! It drives the deer out of the mountains and onto the beach. smile.

Hunt Africa while you can
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A friend has set up a small B&B specifically for hunting and fishing folks... freezer, vacuum packer, cutting table, etc. And it is inexpensive.

Kodiak Island Anglers B&B
Ann (517)861-0423
May thru Sept

John (907)252-2868
Oct thru April

They are out at Bell's Flats which is a short run out of town so a vehicle would be required. There should be incredible dolly fishing in the Russian River which is in walking distance. The dollies will be in spawning colors. The Buskin River is right beside the airport and will have lots of dollies, too.

Without too much effort you should be able to find a good harlequin drake for mounting...

Last edited by Sitka deer; 09/26/17. Reason: Frigging autocorrect!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Hey guys !
Thanks for the recommendations! We are going to be on foot. Getting in some fishing would be fun! have seen pictures of those dollies and that would be a cool fish to catch. We might have to try and come up with something on that. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can see some deer chasing. Snow would be neat for us. It's been a long time since we have had snow in middle Tennessee during deer season.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shelikof Inn the room rate is/was $140 per night There is an airport shuttle available, all you have to do is call the hotel at: 907-486-4141 and they'll pick you up at the airport.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
IC B3

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Guided deer hunt? Ditch the guide as its not needed for deer. With the cost savings you can have some real fun on kodiak. A fun drinking game is to take a shot everytime ol jake mentions alaska hunting going to a draw...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WDH
Guided deer hunt? Ditch the guide as its not needed for deer. With the cost savings you can have some real fun on kodiak. A fun drinking game is to take a shot everytime ol jake mentions alaska hunting going to a draw...

Yeah, I bet you have some real dandy bucks you shot...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WDH

Lol why it's good ol aksagebrush from AOD..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by WDH

Says the guy with a trophy room of half curls hahahahahhahahaha

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by WDH

Says the guy with a trophy room of half curls hahahahahhahahaha

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by WDH

Lol why it's good ol aksagebrush from AOD..

At least he is consistent when proving himself an idiot...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Are either of you active or retired military (including Coast Guard)? If yes, check this out ... www.kodiakmwr.com/guest_house.shtml

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DownWind
Are either of you active or retired military (including Coast Guard)? If yes, check this out ... www.kodiakmwr.com/guest_house.shtml

I have eaten in their dining areas a number of times and it is really a nice set-up... even considering it is a mess hall!

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I was last in Kodiak in 2014. Then, the best deal for lodging was the Best Western. $105/night for two queen beds. Looks like the price has increased some since then.

Kodiak Lodging

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KC

I was last in Kodiak in 2014. Then, the best deal for lodging was the Best Western. $105/night for two queen beds. Looks like the price has increased some since then.

Kodiak Lodging

KC

There are many very nice B&Bs down there for less and they give you a lot more...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only place I've spent time there while not on a boat was the St Francis shelter. They had a nice floor. For just a bit of labor you get a meal as well. Your neighbor on the floor may be a bit odd though. Lol.

Best Western did look nice. Good food.

I knew a fella named Tony Jones that had a B&B at his place on the north side of town right on the water. Was a super nice guy. Google him up and see if he and his wife still run it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 3,361 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.