Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm joining the pack. The Leupold Yosemites in 6x30 are my travel with, take everywhere, lend to anyone bino's. They are amazing optically and no one knows that I only paid $67 for them on a Black Friday sale.

And they are the only ones that my grandkids can handle that are still impressive to adults - light weight, small size (OK for large hands but ideal for small hands), and a very close interpupillary distance for small faces.

I still take my German-made Minox 10x44 HD's as my primary hunting bino, but I never go anywhere without the Yosemites.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My nephews daughter's hunt with him. He gave them some cheap binoculars. One of them told him, "these binoculars are crappy!" I sent them each a pair of Leupold 6x30 Yosemites. I have heard no complaints and I am now held in a little higher regard.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It's somthing that will last him for years so I would not be afraid of spending a little more....remember Gino's get used more than jus about any other piece of gear....and are very important in identifying game and making good decisions....
I use Lica also. But that's probably out of most budgets....I handed down tto my son my leupolds when I got my Lica...he has been happy with them for close to 20 years...I have looked through som new leupolds and am impresed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great reviews for those 6x30 Yosemite binos. Looking for something for my 11 year old and I've found that most (all) that we have tried so far are too wide for his eyes. Was hoping to find something in an 8x32, but maybe I'll just order a pair of these Leupold binos.

T
TJO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The Yosemite 6x have been great for my 8 yr old. I have been really impressed with image quality. We were in Yellowstone NP last weekend and with a bit of guidance on IP distance adjustment and focus he was telling us about the details of the differences between juvenile and adult trumpeter swans and how many points the bull elk on the Mammoth hot spring lawn had - 7x7! The only criticism I have about the Yosemites is the eye cups push back in too easily. A rubber band o an o ring or 2 would be an easy fix.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Id recommend the Vortex Viper 6x30’s. I use and abuse mine for turkey hunting. Like them better than the Yosemite 6x30 but that’s my personal preference too. Don’t know if they still make them?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marty, that particular model (Viper 6x32) had been discontinued.
And apparently the guys that have them (self included) aren't parting with them because they don't show up very often on the used market.
Well, that, or they didn't sell many in the first place.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yosimites are perfect for a kid. Tape the eye cups in place. I have the 8x42 Diamondbacks as well and they might not fit his face.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got my daughter Monarch 7 8x30 and l will be stealing them this elk season as she's staying at home

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm looking to get my kids (5yo daughter, 9yo son) their own binos now that they are wanting to hunt with me more. the Yosemites are great but have really come up in price since I bought the pair for my wife a few years ago. is there anything comparable?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
These are a clone to the Leupold Mojave 8x32, which surprisingly is a really, really good binocular.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-GUIDE-SERIES-BINOCULARS/1821456.uts

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Not a bad choice and significantly lighter than the Yosemite. But it is also quite a bit more expensive.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
appreciate the feedback but kind of thinking maybe a step above those opitically...Little outside of budget at $360 but thoughts on these..

http://gpo-usa.com/products/experiences/hunting/3/passion-8x32ed?c=42

For $350 you can get Nikon Monarch 7 8X30's - only problem with them is that you may want to keep them for yourself.....

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Not a bad choice and significantly lighter than the Yosemite. But it is also quite a bit more expensive.

If you can wait until Christmas, they always go on sale for about $139. Buy once cry once. I have a lot more expensive binocs, and I always grab these. Lifetime warranty to boot.

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I bought the Yosemite 8x for my grandson's first elk hunt this year when my daughter looked through them and found the price she bought the 10x version for her boyfriend who is coming on his 1st elk hunt as well. They have very decent resolution and are a terrific bargain. I like the Steiner focus free idea for kids too.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Another vote for the Yosemite. Surprisingly good for the price point. I bought a pard the Yosemite’s for his b-day over a decade ago, and they’re still the first bino’s he grabs when heading out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
+1 for the Nikon MONARCH 7 8x30 bino's. Great price and clarity. I have been hauling a pair around with me for 2 years now and as you can see form the pic they have taken a bit of abuse. The size and weight make them easy to carry around your neck for long periods of time. I always take this pair with me waterfowl and turkey hunting.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/MONARCH%207%20Bino/IMG_7026.jpg

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BlackHunter
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I have the Leopold Yosemite in 6x for that purpose. They are great for a little kids face and very good optics

+1. Very good choice. Excellent quality.

I have them and use them. Is it just mine, or are the eye cups garbage? I use electrical tape to hold them in place but I wonder who designed them.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The eyecups are definitely garbage. I bought a pair of the 8's last year (2016 version) and the eyecups would collapse as soon as you touched them to your face. I sent them back to Leupold and they send me a new pair (2017 version) and they were slightly better but still not right. I did end up keeping them and putting electrical tape on the eyecups to hold them in place which works ok since they are pickup binocs that I only use occasionally.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.