R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Orion2000
SAS,

First, I appreciate your effort for the special runs here on the 'Fire. Thank you !

In the future, when Left Hand Actions become an option, I would be in for a special run LH .243Win / 6.5CM / 6.5x55 / .270Win / 7x57, with #2 barrel contour, 1:8" twist. Preferably OD green with black pad on a dull (abrasive blasted) stainless rifle.

Again, thank you for your time and effort... And thanks to the Barrett folks for being willing to listen !!!

in the interest of unity or diversity or whatever, i second this recommendation. a left-handed anything would be useful, although right-handed stuff does work too.

a left-handed 6.5CM would probably be first choice, not ruling out anything else.

A long action .270, .280 or 30-06 would get me clicking the pen.........so where exactly do we send the deposit?

Are you talking LH? They already have 270- and 30-06 standard.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Gus
SAS,

First, I appreciate your effort for the special runs here on the 'Fire. Thank you !

In the future, when Left Hand Actions become an option, I would be in for a special run LH .243Win / 6.5CM / 6.5x55 / .270Win / 7x57, with #2 barrel contour, 1:8" twist. Preferably OD green with black pad on a dull (abrasive blasted) stainless rifle.

Again, thank you for your time and effort... And thanks to the Barrett folks for being willing to listen !!!

in the interest of unity or diversity or whatever, i second this recommendation. a left-handed anything would be useful, although right-handed stuff does work too.

a left-handed 6.5CM would probably be first choice, not ruling out anything else.

A long action .270, .280 or 30-06 would get me clicking the pen.........so where exactly do we send the deposit?

Do you have a link to the available LH Models ? Looking at the link below, all I found relative to Left Hand was:

Barret Link

"OTHER

When will there be a left-handed model?

Please monitor barrett.net for future product offerings."

Just looked at the link above and noticed 3 things that I liked:

1) Timney trigger from the get-go.
2) Very clean, tight, stock inlet for the safety.
3) Three holes on front receiver bridge to allow moving front scope base fore and aft as needed to best position the scope.

Obviously, some thought went in these...

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Gus
SAS,

Do you have a link to the available LH Models ? Looking at the link below, all I found relative to Left Hand was:

Barret Link

"OTHER

When will there be a left-handed model?

Please monitor barrett.net for future product offerings."

Just looked at the link above and noticed 3 things that I liked:

1) Timney trigger from the get-go.
2) Very clean, tight, stock inlet for the safety.
3) Three holes on front receiver bridge to allow moving front scope base fore and aft as needed to best position the scope.

Obviously, some thought went in these...

I wouldn't hold my breath for a LH model. Here is an email I received from Barret this week "Due to high demand on the Barrett (right-hand) Fieldcraft rifles, Barrett will not be producing left-hand rifles at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will gladly change your order to a right-hand rifle in any of the following calibers:"

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What a joke. First they said lefty's were available. Then they put them on their website. Then they gave me a date. Then they gave me another date. Then they told me next year. Then they said they needed to see if the right handed ones sold well. Now they are saying the right handed rifles are selling too well? Unbelievable.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
7 twist 223ai???

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know what? I've taught myself to shoot left handed, with handguns and long guns for business and pleasure.

While I've not yet been in a work difficulty that called for a port side shot since '92, have killed three deer and one turkey from the wrong side.

One of the deer was trotting and taken left hand only w my Liberty Model SBH and a nasty 180 grain softpoint.

Cycled the the bolts and pump on other kills like a lefty would have had to, but they died w one shot.

I fingered an 18-in. Fieldcraft Creed at my LGS yesterday and damn near swooned. grin

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ejo

"We apologize for any inconvenience and we will gladly change your order to a right-hand rifle in any of the following calibers:"

"Sorry sir, we're fresh out of the size 11 shoe you're requesting but would be happy to put you into the same model in size 8."
It appears they've got the A-Team responding to emails. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
What a joke. First they said lefty's were available. Then they put them on their website. Then they gave me a date. Then they gave me another date. Then they told me next year. Then they said they needed to see if the right handed ones sold well. Now they are saying the right handed rifles are selling too well? Unbelievable.

[Linked Image]

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some folks would complain if someone wanted to give them an NIB Slidefire. I'd sure take one for a 10/22! grin

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
7 twist 223
or
8 twist 223ai

Last edited by BachelorJack; 10/07/17.
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ejo
... I wouldn't hold my breath for a LH model. Here is an email I received from Barret this week "Due to high demand on the Barrett (right-hand) Fieldcraft rifles, Barrett will not be producing left-hand rifles at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will gladly change your order to a right-hand rifle in any of the following calibers:"

I totally get the economics of a start up. They are running at full capacity and (hopefully profitably) sold out on all of their Right Hand SKU's. Why stop making money to address the Left Handers ??? Got it... But... When they do finally catch up up with demand for Right Hand actions, I will still be patiently waiting for LH variants...

As far as shooting a RH variant from the port side, not an issue. Have a RH Kimber Ascent, Ruger African .275 Rigby, and Pre-64 FWT 270 in Micky Edge. BTDT. Got the Tee shirt. If the LH variants never come to fruition, in a year or two, I may pick up a RH variant when they start turning up on the used market... Until then, I will be the optimist... smile

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Why do it? Because they said they would. I trusted them at their word, sold one of a kind rifles to purchase them and now know they weren't telling the truth.

Last edited by pathfinder76; 10/08/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Weren't telling the truth? Sounds like they intended too, but the situation changed due to higher demand than expected. It's called business.
I'd say they made a good decision not to chance getting behind on current production Items.
You on the other hand made a stupid decision to sell rifles to fund the purchase of an item not even in production.
Cart/horse.......

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/08/17.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would say they intend to make the left hand version, but with the demand for the standard right hand model being what it is they just don't have the infrastructure in place to produce left hands at the moment...I'm sure they will get to the left hand version eventually!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Weren't telling the truth? Sounds like they intended too, but the situation changed due to higher demand than expected. It's called business.
I'd say they made a good decision not to chance getting behind on current production Items.
You on the other hand made a stupid decision to sell rifles to fund the purchase of an item not even in production.
Cart/horse.......

This!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Cart/horse.......

This!

Even if it was in production,nobody should ever sell a proven gun until they have thoroughly proven the new gun to be superior to themselves,in their particular hunting environment.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Why do it? Because they said they would. I trusted them at their word, sold one of a kind rifles to purchase them and now know they weren't telling the truth.

This just gets better and better.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There might be a better place to discuss the problem than in this thread.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Back to OT, with the existing parts and infrastructure, or close to it, the 280AI sounds like the best and easiest option. 22” tube threaded 5/8x24.

RLTW
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd be interested in a 280 with 22" barrel or a 280AI with 24"

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 33 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,633
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.