Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Napa gold mostly....they are made by wix....mainly I just stock up on all my filters when Napa runs the 1/2 price sale...
There are lots of good filters out there...most auto parts store brands are made by wix...Baldwin motorcraft ac delco are good filters...
I stay away from fram pureolater ect....

GB2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just to cause everyone to completely go bananas and start slinging feces around the cage, he (tongue-in-cheek) shouts out "FRAM"! and then ducks for cover. grin

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Ive been using WIX for years with no issue so i stick with them. Use them on everything. And i stock up when i find them for sale.
Wix 51522 is the tall oil filter for the 1999-2007 GM Trucks/SUVs and i use those engines in all my projects so it makes it easy to buy a couple cases when the filters are $3 each.
And buy engine oil by the 55 Gallon drum to get it cheaper.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Well played, Richard! One year at school for Halloween, I 50ed up with greased-back hair, cuffed jeans, boots, and my Harley-Davidson leather jacket on the back of which I had white stick-on letters that said, "Rebel Without a Clue". The students and staff both loved it (and felt it very appropriate).

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
John, I had to go from Firefox, to Bing to post the song, and I get popups galore there. I could not type a message.

Think you are the only, "Rebel", on the 'fire?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just the only one that is clueless. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Went into town today and got the big hydraulic filter for my 100hp tractor.

$100 bill.

Damn!

For some reason, the Case/!H and NH brand hydraulic filters are very high priced, and not only in the factory brand, but in other brands as well. I had hydraulic pump problems on a NH, one that takes 2 filters, and the filters at $100 each, cost as much as a pump. I started buying an after market filter at about 2/3 of the cost, and so far, so good. I don't have to worry about a warranty, if I did, I'd stick with the store brand filters.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The number of filters made may make price differences. Big, and, fewer sold may make for a higher priced filter? And, as has been pointed out on the 'fire, the hundred dollar bill is the new twenty.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Went into town today and got the big hydraulic filter for my 100hp tractor.

$100 bill.

Damn!

For some reason, the Case/!H and NH brand hydraulic filters are very high priced, and not only in the factory brand, but in other brands as well. I had hydraulic pump problems on a NH, one that takes 2 filters, and the filters at $100 each, cost as much as a pump. I started buying an after market filter at about 2/3 of the cost, and so far, so good. I don't have to worry about a warranty, if I did, I'd stick with the store brand filters.

Mine has two as well. The big hydraulic filter, and on the other side, a smaller, metal type filter within a metal housing. It was $93... Parts guy said be would simply clean that one. I did. removed it and gave it two complete baths in gasoline followed by very high pressure air. Got lots of gunk out of it, and it looked like new when I put it back in. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

K&N builds good products....I use both air & oil filters......the oil filter with the one inch

welded nut is great for tight locations...such as a 3.4L Tacoma......air filters will last a long time..

clean mine once a year on three trucks.....use the K&N cleaning stuff & re oil very lightly....

do not over oil ! Also make sure air filter is totally dry before re oil...let mine dry out in the summer sun

K&N also sells cabin air filters.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have had good luck with Baldwin and luber-finer products.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Dennis81082
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Richard, we try to stock up once a year at the local Carquest.

They have the annual spring filter and lube special and a guy can really save some money. Oil and air filters and a barrel of Rotella.

Not sure on the quality but I guess we've had good luck. Like batteries, heard most filters are just re-branded from the same factory anyway.

^^^^ This ^^^^
Good prices during annual sale. By enough for a year.
I think I'm getting brand name filters with Car Quest number.

Carquest oil filters are Wix like the Napa Gold's

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Carquest filters are WIX? Good to know.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

these Fram Ultra's are said to be good.....

under $10

http://www.fram.com/oil-filters/fram-ultra-synthetic-oil-filter/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There was a post on tractorbynet.com about tractor oil filters. It was done by a tractor dealer rep ( Messicks In Pennsylvania). Anyway, cutaway filter of factory Kubota vs other filters showed the Kubota filter had something like 50% more filter material, and had heavier gauge canister steel. Pretty interesting comparison.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrI791m-pU

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...s-wix-napa-oil.html?highlight=Oil+filter

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Mostly use Napa gold....get them in February when they run the half price gig....they are made by wix...one of the better filters...
Also use Baldwin somtimes....also a top notch filter....
Other ones I would use if I could get them a a decent price is Donaldson ,fleet guard.ac deco motorcraft....
Stay away from the highly advertised cheap stuff....I think fram is about the worst...
Anything with the mfg name like Cat John Deere ect will be top notch....priced accordingly too...

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I use Napa gold in my vehicles

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I use Fram oil filters and have for a lot of years.
Available everywhere and priced right.
Never saw a reason to try another brand.
I do change oil and filter every 3-4000 miles

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Quit using Fram after I dissected one that had been used for 5,000 miles...

Dissect a NAPA Gold after 10K of use, and you'd be impressed....

Both show a major difference in Quality after they have been used....

A NAPA Gold's media will still be in good shape at 10K, where as a Fram's media is falling apart at 3K....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
97 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 13 invisible), 1,728 guests, and 723 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,720
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.