Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Here's what you do next time. You wait until morning. As you both wake up you roll over, put your arms around her and whisper into her ear "sex or should I go to Cabelas and buy a bog pod?" More often than not she will say "don't forget your credit card".

Now theres a man with some negotiating skills wink

Yesterday was a history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.. that's why we call it "present"!!!
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My bride of 60 years is a gadget person. Some of them occasionally work as advertised. This drives me crazy, but.....

We basically paid for the three daughters' college degrees thusly: the girls had a job, we skipped vacations, we drove cars as much as 10 years, no frills in our purchases, I flipped nicer guns and even did pad jobs and stock work at night. The ladies graduated debut free. The result was that she never grumps about my gun habit, and views them as capital investments.

She recently suggested. That my vehicle needed to be replaced. (Hers is only 18 months old).

We are at the age to where the bedroom is not quite as important as it once was, but what pleasant memories we made in there.....

We still fuss at each other about Mickey Mouse stuff, but she realizes that some mates have far worse habits or "hobbies" than I have. Recently, I wanted to go dove shooting. She wanted to go see the youngest daughter and her family, especially the granddaughters. Compromise. I rode out to another daughter's and SIL's hunting property (about half way to younger daughter's place) with SIL. I shot birds for a day and a half. Bride picked me up about noon and we proceeded on the other 130 mile half of the trip.

Backing up a few years, right after the youngest graduated college. I was dispersing a dear cousin's estate for his kids. While making arrangements to sell a high end pickup truck, I happened upon a two year old Kawasaki Mule with 68 hours on the clock. It was at an auto dealers. Asking price was less than half of new. Bride and I were going down the highway between towns. I thought of a lawyer friend that likes hunting and called and left him a message about the Mule. When I hung up, bride asked me why I did not buy the Mule for myself. I had wrongly thought she would object. I called the dealer and bought it.

We both have our faults, but you got to love her............Ther is not a selfish bone in her body.

Last edited by jt402; 10/02/17.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
What I do when I buy a new gun or piece of gear.....I cook my wife a Nice supper and lay the Gun or gear on the Kitchen Table....She will usually say Thats a nice gun....In between bites..

I have never asked permission to buy anything.... When I buy a New Truck, I will ask her to help pick out a color.

Never take your wife to Cabela,s or Bass pro unless it is your Birthday....... wink

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sweetness doesn't care what I buy. She might know that I need a new scope for a rifle, but she doesn't know the difference between a Simmons and a Swarovski. As long as the wolf isn't at the door and the ends are meeting nicely we each get what we want. My first late wife's philosophy was her money and our money. If I had this new one's portfolio, I'd throw mine away.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where Amazon, Microsoft, Costco, Starbucks, etc money converge, there are some rich people.
The wives have found SOMETHING to be unhappy about. It is not a bog pod package from Cabela's, but it is about SOMETHING.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

241 members (358WCF, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 280shooter, 204guy, 35 invisible), 1,946 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,160
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.