Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
2be1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
My son used them to move his furnishings from Mi to San Antonio tx , nothing but poor communication, three weeks to deliver and damaged furniture. At a cost of 5000.00 a very disappointing and unprofessional transaction. If you plan on hiring a moving company don't use them.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My daughter was going to use them to move a few years ago. Since she didnt have a full load, she started looking a month in advance for someone to move her. Colonial said since she gave them plenty of advanced notice, there would not be a problem and they would combine her stuff with another persons. Will pick up on Friday and have delivered on Tuesday. That sounded great. Two days before the scheduled pickup, they called and said the pickup would be Friday, but the delivery was changed to the next Friday or the no later than the Monday following that Friday. It was too late to try and schedule another mover, so she cancelled the move with Colonial and friends helped her move with a U-haul.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
My daughter was going to use them to move a few years ago. Since she didnt have a full load, she started looking a month in advance for someone to move her. Colonial said since she gave them plenty of advanced notice, there would not be a problem and they would combine her stuff with another persons. Will pick up on Friday and have delivered on Tuesday. That sounded great. Two days before the scheduled pickup, they called and said the pickup would be Friday, but the delivery was changed to the next Friday or the no later than the Monday following that Friday. It was too late to try and schedule another mover, so she cancelled the move with Colonial and friends helped her move with a U-haul.

They pulled about the same crap on me when moving from Denver.

Gave me a pickup date, which they kept.

But missed the delivery date by several days. I was sleeping on the floor and getting more pissed off by the day.... mad

Then it got worse.

When I called to express my displeasure, they told me that I could no longer pay the balance by check upon delivery. That I had to give them a credit card over the phone before they would even consider delivery...

That roundly pissed me off! whistle

To hold my own belongings for ransom was just too much. If not for the calming influence of my wife, I probably would have gone to jail over all that BS.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crap like that is why I never move. Have heard some real horror stories about moving companies.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Most moving companies will combine loads on moves if it benefits them to do so. I have only moved once with a moving company and it wasn't Colonial but I had similar problems with delivery and an extra charge due to wait time due to weather. Less than an inch of snow with no wind killed the semi coming up a quarter mile long driveway. Not a pleasant experience at all.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are willing to do the work, consider ABC or Old Dominion. They offer home moves. They drop off a pup trailer, and a ramp. They then take the trailer to your destination, and drop it. You load/unload. If you don't have a lot, consider Pods. They offer a cool batch of services

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't blame you for being mad. But folks should know, holding you things for ransom is a common tactic of some household movers. And even some agents for reputable companies. The ones I mentioned above are trucking companies. They offer moving services as another line, but their interest is to pickup and deliver you things as just a load of freight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't blame you for being mad. But folks should know, holding you things for ransom is a common tactic of some household movers. And even some agents for reputable companies. The ones I mentioned above are trucking companies. They offer moving services as another line, but their interest is to pickup and deliver you things as just a load of freight.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 13 invisible), 1,352 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,059
Posts18,463,249
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.