Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by MadMooner
The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
October 02, 2017
Presidential Proclamation Honoring the Victims of the Tragedy in Las Vegas, Nevada

HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE TRAGEDY IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

– – – – – – –

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Our Nation is heartbroken. We mourn with all whose loved ones were murdered and injured in last night’s horrible tragedy in Las Vegas, Nevada. As we grieve, we pray that God may provide comfort and relief to all those suffering.

As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless act of violence perpetrated on October 1, 2017, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, October 6, 2017. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fo

Show me in the Proclamation it says the for citizens to fly the flag at half staff.

This is what I mean by paying attention.

Iowa's governor signed an order ordering all state entities and requesting all citizens fly at half staff.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m having a hard time being righteously indignant over a private company following presidential flag etiquette. Seems there’s a lot to be pissed about in today’s day and age but I’m not sure this is it.. 👍

Home depot is not Any of these, "the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, October 6, 2017. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations."

To many have fallen in defense of one of the greatest symbols of mankind, it's a shame it gets the lack of respect it gets.

Fly it right or don't fly it.

In any case Paul I hope that your upcoming weekend is enjoyable now that fall is here and you get some outdoor time in

Squirrel hunting with the granddaughters this weekend, it looks promising.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Iowa's governor signed an order ordering all state entities and requesting all citizens fly at half staff.

The Governor has that right, Home Depot in Iowa is off the hook and all flags in the state should be at half staff.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
So this Sunday the NFL will half kneel..?

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I always thought if you fly a flag the proper thing was to fly it along with these type orders....

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by deflave
There is no breech of etiquette here.

Clark

Correct - not sure why anyone would be upset about this. Seems trivial and lame.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Would you be offended if I asked what a paradiddle is?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 12344mag

In any case Paul I hope that your upcoming weekend is enjoyable now that fall is here and you get some outdoor time in

Squirrel hunting with the granddaughters this weekend, it looks promising.

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Good luck to you and those lucky girls!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Harry M
Would you be offended if I asked what a paradiddle is?

nope. It's a drum rudiment RLRRLRLL (R = right hand, L = left hand)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1IQj83NCgI

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Cool

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Years ago, a young man from our small town was killed flying as an Air Force Major with the Thunderbird team. He was killed off the coast of England when the two jets failed to turn straight up.

His family flew the Flag at half mask/staff, for a week or so. I saw no disrespect with that. I should have done the same with our flag.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I think when the President makes this kind of order, he's directing federal agencies. Citizens should be able to do whatever the hell they want. It's up to them to decide if they think the gesture is appropriate.
I agree. The president has no control over what I do and if I want to lower the flag, I'll do so.

Of course.

You can even kneel and sing the national anthem if you way also

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Flags are flown on staffs not masts. Ships have masts and flags are never flown on masts.

Just so you folks will know.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Years ago, a young man from our small town was killed flying as an Air Force Major with the Thunderbird team. He was killed off the coast of England when the two jets failed to turn straight up.

His family flew the Flag at half mask/staff, for a week or so. I saw no disrespect with that. I should have done the same with our flag.

I would support the family in this as well, 5 star parents are precious, although still wrong it would not be right to argue it with them.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think some folks need to take a gander at the Flag Code.

It is not uncommon for private entities to follow the lead of governors and presidents.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
I think some folks need to take a gander at the Flag Code.

It is not uncommon for private entities to follow the lead of governors and presidents.

Dave

It is also not uncommon for companies to use the flag in their advertising, and on clothing, doesn't make it right.

I wonder what the big uproar about the NFL is.......

Disrespect is disrespect whether intentional or not, when it is intentional it should be fought, when it is unintentional it should be corrected.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/05/17.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Flags are flown on staffs not masts. Ships have masts and flags are never flown on masts.

Just so you folks will know.

Were did you learn that?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 50 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.