-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm late joining this thread. Short story KIND OF related: A family friend lost his dad and 3 brothers when snow fell off a tree and clogged over a smallish chimney in their hunting cabin. The fire was way low and just likely embers. But it burned all the air out of the cabin. They found them after they did not come back from the hunt.

Granted, not a Little Buddy Heater. But the idea is the same.

If I was going to do it, and I won't, then I'd have a CO / O2 monitor alarm hanging at bunk/cot level before I went to sleep.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
I read the whole thread and have concluded that Mr Buddy heaters are safe to use anywhere but Colorado.

The something about that Rocky Mountain air that will fry your brains if you use a heater in a tent.

FACT !

Just fine in a The Wyoming Air. Used one in a Cabelas extreme guide tent for two weeks just North of Dixon. Guess three miles to the south air changes As you cross the border.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
out in Wyoming last week, I watched FlyBoyFlem, his son, and Local Dirt sleep in a big tent with one of those Mr. Buddy heaters. They ran it all the time, and did not die. I thought about bringing mine, but decided not to. Wish I had on the several mornings when it froze. I have used mine in my 6 man Eureka Outfitter tent. I always set it on a 24x24 inch tile when I fire it up. I don't recall ever running it all night long though. I turn it off, and re light it in the morning when I take the first pee call about 4 am.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I rented one of those little Scamp trailers for deer season one year and the guy said that the wall heater might not work so he gave me a 1000 watt portable generator for my electric heater if need be. He was right because the heater didn't work, so I figured what the heck I'll just use the generator. Do you know what a 1000 watt generator does with a 1500 watt heater? Absolutely nothing. Okay my back up plan was to use the 20 pound tank and that cone shaped gas heater. Along about an hour in I was getting a headache when I was getting ready for supper. I tried to light the gas stove and I could not even flame a wooden match!!! Coldest deer season that I ever spent in my life. I use a bigger generator with a long cord and that 1500 watt ceramic heater and that works great. No more non-vented gas heaters for this guy.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by fish head
I read the whole thread and have concluded that Mr Buddy heaters are safe to use anywhere but Colorado.

The something about that Rocky Mountain air that will fry your brains if you use a heater in a tent.

FACT !

Spot on. So a wise word to all readers of this thread: stay out of Colorado!!!

Really, please! It's getting way too crowded. frown

Last edited by achadwick; 10/15/17.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Seminole39
Originally Posted by slumlord
The by product of propane combustion is one left over water molecule

The by product of a hydrocarbon combustion is carbon monoxide

Hence tow motors in warehouses and propane floor buffers in schools.
what's the by product of methane rectal cranial combustion?

pull your head out of your azz

Here's a hint, Slumlord: Propane is a hydrocarbon, but not all hydrocarbons are propane.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I spent 3 nights with a Buddy in a 4 man tent with FlyboyFlem and his son and I can tell you it makes it very comfortable. Spent the 1st night in a Eureka 2 man tent. It rained and was cold and I was wet. Basically? Sucked! Moved in with Woody and son the second night and as I told Woody, felt like I was staying at the Ritz Carlton.

We had 2 vents that we would play with and left the bottom zipper un-closed on the door. Slept like logs. Nice and crispy. You are certainly not going to burn yourself up if you don't set anything flammable next to it. Woke up the third morning with the door handles frozen on the trucks. Didn't affect us at all.

Only caveat was - Don't let them get wet or moisture on the heating element. Keith was struggling heavily with one in the cook tent one night that got wet.

Highly recommend if you're camping in cold.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
I'm late joining this thread. Short story KIND OF related: A family friend lost his dad and 3 brothers when snow fell off a tree and clogged over a smallish chimney in their hunting cabin. The fire was way low and just likely embers. But it burned all the air out of the cabin. They found them after they did not come back from the hunt.

Granted, not a Little Buddy Heater. But the idea is the same.

No, it's not the same.

Originally Posted by Windfall
....Okay my back up plan was to use the 20 pound tank and that cone shaped gas heater. Along about an hour in I was getting a headache when I was getting ready for supper. I tried to light the gas stove and I could not even flame a wooden match!!! Coldest deer season that I ever spent in my life. I use a bigger generator with a long cord and that 1500 watt ceramic heater and that works great. No more non-vented gas heaters for this guy.

Also not the same.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have known a couple of people that have died using propane tent heaters of the catalytic type. I have a tent trailer that I use a buddy heater in and it also has a portable carbon monoxide detector as well as I am not taking a chance. Get the detector they are cheap insurance.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love using mine. Adds excitement to the hunt. In addition to wondering if lll shoot an elk in the morning, I also get to wonder if I’ll wake up.

Seriously though, used one several times with no issues.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.