Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
JG...but go with an outfitter that someone recommends, that has hunted with them recently. Lots of Them promise everything and then under deliver--well you know that! The guy I hunted with is full-up for the next two years. There is a reason for that.

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Too cool Whelen Nut. I've really gotten the bug to do a moose hunt, but can't decide whether to do the Canada or Newfoundland thing. I do know I'm not spending $15k+ to go to Yukon. So, the meat is as good as they say? Did you take those Torics? Congrats....great pics.

LOL, all 3 of those options are the Canada thing wink

Ha........I guess you're right.......oops!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Too cool Whelen Nut. I've really gotten the bug to do a moose hunt, but can't decide whether to do the Canada or Newfoundland thing. I do know I'm not spending $15k+ to go to Yukon. So, the meat is as good as they say? Did you take those Torics? Congrats....great pics.

LOL, all 3 of those options are the Canada thing wink

Ha........I guess you're right.......oops!

BTW, yes, the meat is most definitely as good as they say. To my taste buds it's better than elk and black bear, and at least as good as BH sheep...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, moose is right near the top when it comes to eating. Blacktailed deer might be a tad better but it's very close.

Gerry.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice moose there WN. I can't believe you didn't use the Whelen for that. I'd give up all other hunting for moose and grouse.

Moose is my favourite red meat. I find that Yukon moose has a bit stronger flavor than the moose we have here in the east but both are fine eating.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Well done. Moose meat is the best

Big pot of Moose Chilli this weekend. Last weekend it was Moose vegetable soup.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If you decide to go I had a great hunt with Copper River Outfitters in BC. It was a meat hunt not a wilderness hunt but it was fun. Lot of hiking, glassing, cruising to glass open areas and a little boating on lakes. First class folks. JoelBlitz did a goat hunt with them a couple of weeks before I went Moose hunting and had a great hunt as well.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Congrats!! Just saw this....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
BTW, yes, the meat is most definitely as good as they say. To my taste buds it's better than elk and black bear, and at least as good as BH sheep...

It's been too many years since I've had moose meat, but I remember liking it. I do know I love elk and black bear.

I need to give Newfoundland another try.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've been chewing on a lot of that moose the last couple of weeks and much prefer it to deer and elk. I like black bear almost as well BUT bear meat causes gout flare-ups for me. Moose doesn't do that which is a very good thing!

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.