Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I would choose most anything over an XD, All professional training companies seem to have the same opinion of them. Do your own research there.

I have a Glock 43, and a Gen 4 Glock 19 myself.
I like the S&W Sheild, and the S&W 2.0 compact 9mm, a lot too.

I don't know your skill level or how much training you have, but being able to Shoot a Glock 43 / Shield size pistol, and being able to "run" it effectively in defense of your life are two different things. If I was pointing someone to a First pistol it would most likely be a Glock 19 , Gen 3, 4 , or 5 (doesn't matter), with the S&W 2.0 compact coming in 2nd, only because it does not have the history record of the Glock. Im not a big SIG fan (I think the sight to bore ratio is too high personally), but you could put the Sig 320 in the conversation, just not my cup of tea.

mg

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis 9:3
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nothing wrong with a Glock 26/27 for carry, but not comparable really because you're talking about a double stack size magazine/grip. At the same time, you have double the capacity or very close.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Lots of good stuff here. Thanks!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
From the reviews that I have read the Shield 9 appears to be a good gun for the the money. My Glock 19 Gen 4 is my RV/house gun and my EDC is an LCR38. I am considering the Shield 9 as my EDC.

Pistolero49

NRA Life Member
Good Sam Club Life Member
Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Inc.
'Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.'— C. H. Spurgeon

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
We had a new Running's store open up and they had the Shield 9mm on sale for their grand opening. I picked one up on Friday. It's a nice gun to shoot.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Rooster7
We had a new Running's store open up and they had the Shield 9mm on sale for their grand opening. I picked one up on Friday. It's a nice gun to shoot.

Nice.. good choice Excellent CC gun.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis 9:3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had a new Running's store open up and they had the Shield 9mm on sale for their grand opening.

Had no idea it was so dangerous to go jogging in Minnesota.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RufusG
We had a new Running's store open up and they had the Shield 9mm on sale for their grand opening.

Had no idea it was so dangerous to go jogging in Minnesota.

haha

If I could jog/run, I wouldn't need a carry gun! lol

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MarkG

Nice.. good choice Excellent CC gun.

Thanks Mark and thank all of you for contributions!

Rooster

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (35, 44mc, 1eyedmule, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,298 guests, and 844 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,264
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.