Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone on here consider themselves a knife looney? I fear I may become one. I'm already a recovering rifle looney. What are the symptoms of knife loonyism?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I'm on retainer with you,it's bad

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would love to be a knife looney, but my status as a limited income retired gent precludes that.

Sam......

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Anyone on here consider themselves a knife looney? I fear I may become one. I'm already a recovering rifle looney. What are the symptoms of knife loonyism?

Friendly bump for Geedubya! smile

John

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jpb

John

+1 to that....

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you have to ask..........

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by jpb

John

+1 to that....

+2

he never ceases to amaze me, name a maker and hes got it.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
GW for sure. I know a bunch of makers that qualify. I've had knves for the last 61 years. I'm close to 67.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Japanese knife looney - virtuovice . . . This guy is a doctor living in Sapporo Japan. It would be a blast to have him on the fire!

https://www.youtube.com/user/virtuovice/videos

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by jpb

John

+1 to that....

+2

he never ceases to amaze me, name a maker and hes got it.

Make that +3 for Geedubya.
And to borrow his expression - Ya!
Jess

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
It sneaks up on you. Like good whiskey 😄 A knife was always a tool that I used. Until a few years ago, then the sickness set in and it's been race between knives, rifles and old s&w pistols.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jd9770
It sneaks up on you. Like good whiskey 😄 A knife was always a tool that I used. Until a few years ago, then the sickness set in and it's been race between knives, rifles and old s&w pistols.

10/4 on that!

I might add,

you might be a knife looney if..........

[Linked Image]

you have the "knife-father", VinceM, haft you a piece of carbon steel with maple scales so you can cut a piece of pie!

or

Take time to take pix of knives while gathering essential supplies when a hurricaine is imminent ..........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

or

[Linked Image]

invest several thousand dollars and untold amount of time just to craft sheaths for knives that you've asked knife-makers not to send sheaths with, cause you want to roll your own!

[Linked Image]

or

[Linked Image]

make a drawing of something you think you can't live without and because you don't have the skill to do it yourself, ask a half-dozen different makers if they would be interested in creating their interpretation?

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I make my own, have for a few years. I see something I like and I try to imitate it. I keep thinking I'm gonna find one that scratches the itch and won't need to build more........yeah I know its never going to happen.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
I make my own, have for a few years. I see something I like and I try to imitate it. I keep thinking I'm gonna find one that scratches the itch and won't need to build more........yeah I know its never going to happen.

ain't dat da' truth!

one more "or", and I"ll stop for now!

[Linked Image]

drive a couple hundred miles to take Pix of a copy of a Randall #1 Fighter that you got from a friend after waiting 3 years, along with spent bullets that were fired from big-bore handguns into animals that guys paid several thousand dollars to shoot just so they could see how said bullets performed.

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OK, I just finished up my last purchases of my Bark River collection. I MUST STOP! Enough already - 25 total knife purchases in the last 6 weeks. If my wife knew she would cut off my balls in my sleep! grin I will be giving several to my two boys and SIL.

Hunting Knives:

Elmax Gunny Hunter
CPM 3V Fox River LT

Bushcraft Knives:

CPM 3V Aurora LT
A2 Canadian Special
S35VN Bravo 1.25
Mora Companion (scandi)
Mora Bushcraft Black Carbon (scandi)
Marttiini Condor Skinner (scandi)
Kellam Puukko (scandi)

Other Hunting Knives:

S30V Benchmade 162
S30V Benchmade HUNT North Fork Folder
Klecker Abiqua Hunter
EESE Camp Lore 2.5 - Bird and Trout

Tactical Self Defense Knives:

SOG® Super SOG Bowie Knife
SOG® Tech Bowie Knife
Tops Prather War Bowie
Tops Hazen Legion 6.0
Gerber Strongarm Fixed

EDC Pocket Knives:

Boker Plus Urban Trapper
Ka-Bar Mini Dozier Folder
Boker Traditional Series White Bone Gentleman's Lockback

Other Bushcraft Knives:

CDS-Survival CELTIBERO - Spain
Tops Silent Hero
CRKT Saker Bushcraft
Knives of Alaska Bush Camp

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Im betting if I dig thru my stuff I have 50 knives, about 18 are custom made! im on a fixed income now so they are still cheaper than guns, for the most part! Treemans and Mike Millers,and Menefees, are my downfall Lol

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, if you're going to be a "knife looney," you should start with a knife from this fellow.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=8FqUL6slhtA[/video]

wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I thought I was. Even making knives now... But I will never catch GDub.

Should I send a few here a couple of my very humble and simple creations just to say you have one from a maker GW doesn't ? Laffin'!

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
These foreign knife looney have all the fun! (beer) BTW, this is my next knife . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (338reddog, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 19 invisible), 1,683 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.