Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did your wife tell you to say that?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If ya saw a 'squatch or big foots, would ya shoot it?

Just chilling, watching a drainage for a buck to crawl up, but instead a big gnarly yeti comes crawling out of the blow downs, would you say FUGG YA! go for center mass and slay the beast?

Too human?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
If ya saw a 'squatch or big foots, would ya shoot it?

Just chilling, watching a drainage for a buck to crawl up, but instead a big gnarly yeti comes crawling out of the blow downs, would you say FUGG YA! go for center mass and slay the beast?

Too human?

I would drop 2 slugs in his chest, without even thinking about it...I'd have millions within 24 hours, plus endorsements on all my gear.

I'd feel really bad about it, and probably drink myself into a solid stupor on a warm beach in the West Indies...probably wake up with sunburn and a bad headache, yea I'd feel very remorseful smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Oregon they are protected by law.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

Where, in Oregon, do you think they are protected? Can you cite specific statute? I do not believe you are correct. Skamania County, Washington has had a law on the books for decades, but I'm not aware of any regulation anywhere in Oregon. I would like to be wrong.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'd just tell them I thought it was a wolf with a collar.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Where, in Oregon, do you think they are protected? Can you cite specific statute? I do not believe you are correct. Skamania County, Washington has had a law on the books for decades, but I'm not aware of any regulation anywhere in Oregon. I would like to be wrong.

Tom

It was on the radio. The announcer actually laughed about it and suggested the legislature had better things to do than address something that might not even exist. It was at least three governors back.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The announcer was wrong.

Tom

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pics of a bigfoot have emerged from CA recently. As always, they're badly blurred. It's interesting that people can get crystal clear photos of flying birds, jumping deer, and everything else, but bigfoot pics are always blurred beyond recognition. I guess they want to make sure nobody can see the zippers in the fur suit. FOXNEWS ARTICLE

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The announcer was wrong.

Tom

Looks like you are correct. Found this on the net.

"Because Bigfoot isn’t recognized as an official species by the state of Texas, hunting one is technically allowed (with the proper license and permissions, of course). California takes the opposite approach when dealing with cryptids: The state keeps a record of non-game mammals in the California Code of Regulations. If any animal is missing from that list, as is the case with Bigfoot, that means it can’t be hunted legally.

Oregon follows a similar policy to California’s in that any animal not classified under Oregon wildlife laws is considered “prohibited.” Like the rest of the Pacific Northwest, Oregon has a long history of alleged Sasquatch encounters."

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes, I live and Hunt in the Pacific Northwest for the past 40 years. I have found multiple footprints and have heard them.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
No, you're mistaken about that, too. Oregon and California are opposites. An example: go look for anything in Oregon's regulations that list digger squirrels. It's not there. We can shoot them specifically because they are NOT listed. Oregon lists protected wildlife, threatened / endangered species, and game animals. Anything not listed is "fair game."

(If you find that I'm wrong, please provide links or cite section. As an active hunter's ed instructor, I **have** to know this stuff. :))

Tom

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Slider1
Yes, I live and Hunt in the Pacific Northwest for the past 40 years. I have found multiple footprints and have heard them.

What do they sound like?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Their mating call is very similar to impolite bathroom noises.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It was a serious question a actually.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was as serious as the evidence allows.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, you're mistaken about that, too. Oregon and California are opposites. An example: go look for anything in Oregon's regulations that list digger squirrels. It's not there. We can shoot them specifically because they are NOT listed. Oregon lists protected wildlife, threatened / endangered species, and game animals. Anything not listed is "fair game."

(If you find that I'm wrong, please provide links or cite section. As an active hunter's ed instructor, I **have** to know this stuff. :))

Tom

Thanks for the info. I guess the 'net isn't always true. I'm heart broken.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is an excerpt from an article by an Idaho bigfoot 'researcher', written this last April. It's talking about an incident where a woman in north Idaho hit a deer that she claimed was being chased by a bigfoot. Her story made national news.

“The most common places to see a Bigfoot is on a highway at night or adjacent to a body of water,” he said. “The whole northern panhandle is prime habitat for a sasquatch. This is also the time of year you would expect a Bigfoot to be chasing deer, when it’s malnourished at the end of winter.”

He seems to know a lot more about bigfoot habitat and hunting practices than what is generally 'known'.

― George Orwell

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Shouldn't be a surprise. Usually people who pay attention to a thing know more about it than the ones who don't. Did you happen to notice which researcher wrote it? Any chance it was Jeff Meldrum?

It's possible many of the road crossing reports are not precisely road crossing, they're traveling the ditches scavenging road kill. Some risk of being seen balanced by a comparatively easy meal. Years back I was listening to the chip truck drivers on Oregon 42 which runs from Roseburg to Coos Bay. One of the guys said he hit and killed 17 deer one trip with his truck. That's a lot of potential grub for an opportunistic something or other. (That's speculation on my part, of course.)

Tom

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Barrow pits where road kill is found also collect runoff. They're muddier than the surrounding ground. That means tracks. How do sasquatches patrol barrow pits without leaving tracks?

Yes, that article was by Jeff Meldrum. He's developed a complete encyclopedia on the sasquatch based on nothing. If he ever finds one, I'll gladly eat crow, but in the meantime, I'll call him a nut case who can talk all day on things he's never seen.

searching for food?
[Linked Image]

― George Orwell

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 69 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.