Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Henry could take some of my jingle to the bank if they would reintroduce their namesake levergun with a brass frame, chambered for the .44 Henry RF. Last one I saw in good condition had a 6 digit price, left of the decimal. Ammo would be nice as well, there was a run some few years back from Brazil,,,,somebody still knows how to do it.

Until such transpires I will bide my time and watch the show.

They got 'em, but only in .44WCF and (urk!) .45 Colt. Mucho dinero, though.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I'm maybe a bit amused that anyone thinks the delay was caused by "legal issues" with H&R or Rossi. Break-open rifles have existed since the 19th century. What could either H&R 1871 or Rossi have patented, regarding single-shot rifles, so recently that those patents would still be in effect?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H&R 1871 is a clue, I'm thinkin'.🤔

What fresh Hell is this?
RLA Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
i called Reed's yesterday about one in 308. was told it would be 60 days before they would have one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not impressed with either their lever gun or this H&R look alike but that's just my opinion...Kudos for American made but think they could have done better. I'd still buy a Uberti anything over these clunky tube feed lever guns.Yeah I know, but they aren't even a decent 1860 replica either. Having verbally trashed them I wish them well and hope you fellas that are eager to purchase won't be disappointed.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
I'd still buy a Uberti

You wouldn't if you had one blow up in your hand like I did. It kinda leaves an impression.
I have a Henry Big Boy in .45 LC and its been a great gun that actually shoots lights out.
I'll ponder one of these single shots and probably buy one if the Campfire gives them a thumbs up.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I'd still buy a Uberti

You wouldn't if you had one blow up in your hand like I did. It kinda leaves an impression.
I have a Henry Big Boy in .45 LC and its been a great gun that actually shoots lights out.
I'll ponder one of these single shots and probably buy one if the Campfire gives them a thumbs up.

Just guessing but think you had some issue with a repro toggle link model ? No argument from me that Henry and Marlin are stronger actions chambered in 45 Colt. My Uberti '66 shoots extremely well loaded with my cast 300 gr FN over 6.5 grs of Unique for a tad over 1K..As you well know these toggle links were originally chambered in handgun cartridges shot in SSA's and the like.They have load specific data which isn't balls to the wall to keep pressures down to safe workable limits..

BTW glad to see you posting its been awhile..

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not impressed with either their lever gun or this H&R look alike but that's just my opinion...Kudos for American made but think they could have done better. I'd still buy a Uberti anything over these clunky tube feed lever guns.Yeah I know, but they aren't even a decent 1860 replica either. Having verbally trashed them I wish them well and hope you fellas that are eager to purchase won't be disappointed.

Are you referring to their replica Henrys or the hideous (to me) Golden Boys? I thought the very expensive replica Henrys were supposed to be authentic, for better or worse. They even offer a steel-frame one like the rare iron originals.

I never was a fan of the toggle-link Winchesters, but some of the newer ones from Italy and the Miroku ones sold by Winchester (and now offered in dolled-up versions by Navy Arms and Turnbull) are supposed to be excellent, maybe better than the originals; certainly stronger. I think there are even heat-treated versions in .44 mag for the brave.

After the brief flurry of available single-shots on GB, they seem to have vanished again.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Are you referring to their replica Henrys or the hideous (to me) Golden Boys? I thought the very expensive replica Henrys were supposed to be authentic, for better or worse. They even offer a steel-frame one like the rare iron originals.

I never was a fan of the toggle-link Winchesters, but some of the newer ones from Italy and the Miroku ones sold by Winchester (and now offered in dolled-up versions by Navy Arms and Turnbull) are supposed to be excellent, maybe better than the originals; certainly stronger. I think there are even heat-treated versions in .44 mag for the brave.

After the brief flurry of available single-shots on GB, they seem to have vanished again.

Well I have the "hideous Golden Boy" grin certainly not everyone's cup of tea but it does make the 45 Colt sing into small groups out to 150 yds. I contacted Taylor&Sons before buying this Uberti '66 and asked about strength of the newer toggle link repros they said they were stronger but still couldn't digest a steady diet of modern 45 Colt loads used in Contenders,Marlins etc..They suggested buying new not used eliminating the abuse factor, as they said." We as do other companies have no control over who shoots what ammo therefore its up to the individual to do their homework as stated by our liability clause."

If it doesn't have a loading gate I'm not interested...

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A cast 300gr 45 Colt bullet sized .454 loaded to a modest 1K penetrates with authority and packs a whollop ..I shoot lots of steel with my 45/90 and 110 Sharps and the Colt swings steel pretty darn good out to 150yds.

Woody
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't talking about replica '66s, but the Henry kinda-sorta look-alikes. Those are likely stronger than the 66 replicas, just oogly to the max to my eye. The toggle-link Winchesters and clones are quite handsome, even the shiny yellow ones.

I know a lot of Heny owners think they're beautiful and wonderful, and that's just fine with me. I've even heard of folks who don't like Mausers!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Wasn't talking about replica '66s, but the Henry kinda-sorta look-alikes. Those are likely stronger than the 66 replicas, just oogly to the max to my eye. The toggle-link Winchesters and clones are quite handsome, even the shiny yellow ones.

I know a lot of Heny owners think they're beautiful and wonderful, and that's just fine with me. I've even heard of folks who don't like Mausers!

OK gotcha..I agree 100 % the Henry 66 to me is on the same plane with the Navy Arms rendition of the 66 and its ugly as well !

Woody
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

"I wish them well" If that were true you would not go off on a rant and total thread hijack to trash a company on their repeaters on a single shot forum no less! I 'honestly' hope for a tasteful, accurate & strong single shot. Just my 2lbs of excrement.

This gun does not look like an H&R. It has a traditional top lever. Why waste my time....

As for the ugly guns. That is nothing to trash Henry over. It is all on the American consumer. They get what they want and IMHO deserve.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fourbore

"I wish them well" If that were true you would not go off on a rant and total thread hijack to trash a company on their repeaters on a single shot forum no less! I 'honestly' hope for a tasteful, accurate & strong single shot. Just my 2lbs of excrement.

This gun does not look like an H&R. It has a traditional top lever. Why waste my time....

As for the ugly guns. That is nothing to trash Henry over. It is all on the American consumer. They get what they want and IMHO deserve.

Rant ? This is my opinion on Henry's just as many don't care for Weatherby,Remington,Winchester and a host of others..take a pill

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Silly me. I thought I was coming in here to read about newly arrived Henry Single shots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just guessing but think you had some issue with a repro toggle link model ?

No Sir,it was a reproduction .45LC Peacemaker replica pistol.
They gave me a 1860 Rifle and paid for the stitches that I had to have(duct tape just wouldn't keep that one together).
I have to say that the rifle was truly a POS. Didn't shoot well and broke the extractor before it had 100 shots run through it.
I think I traded it for a 10/22 and some beer.
This was back in the middle 80's and I know that they are better firearms now but some things you just don't forget.
It was a beautiful pistol.Bright blue and color case hardened. It just blow'd up.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Just guessing but think you had some issue with a repro toggle link model ?

No Sir,it was a reproduction .45LC Peacemaker replica pistol.
They gave me a 1860 Rifle and paid for the stitches that I had to have(duct tape just wouldn't keep that one together).
I have to say that the rifle was truly a POS. Didn't shoot well and broke the extractor before it had 100 shots run through it.
I think I traded it for a 10/22 and some beer.
This was back in the middle 80's and I know that they are better firearms now but some things you just don't forget.
It was a beautiful pistol.Bright blue and color case hardened. It just blow'd up.

When the Uberti pistol blew , were you shooting factory ammo or handloads?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Silly me. I thought I was coming in here to read about newly arrived Henry Single shots.

I'd like to be able to give a hands-on report and maybe some dead animal photos, but no can do. While they dawdle, I've been buying other stuff. Maybe next year.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jk16

When the Uberti pistol blew , were you shooting factory ammo or handloads?

It was hand loads. As is most everything I shoot. If I recall correctly it was probably 8 or 8.5 grains of Unique
under a 250 gr semi wad cutter,and Winchester primers.
Put a hellova gash in my noggin, as well as both of my hands.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That was pretty good service on their part considering reloads were involved.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,221
Posts18,466,442
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.