Hop To
Page 22 of 38 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 37 38
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sorry to hear about Greg.
He was always nice to me.
Invited me to come with him to visit when I'm in Tucson just never got the chance.
Bummer.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I didn't see Okie's post. I guess Nip has a home now one way or another.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I doubt it.

I hired a guy three years ago to find my biological mother and brother.......still nothing.

Have you done the ancestry thing?

It's scary effective.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm going to wind down my involvement here on the fire for now, thank you brother Dan and all my desert rat brothers for stepping up so fast, we will do what needs done.

The February Tonto gathering will involve a service and what closure we can muster. Dates will be set next week.

Thank you all.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I have been informed by the authorities that Greg's firearms have been secured. If any of you have arms that were in his possession I will provide contact information via PM.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Rest in peace, Sir.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory
Animals can be shipped by air transport, or there are vollenteers who work with shelters to move animals across the country in thier own vehicles. (My aunt and uncle do this). Often times, an animal gets moved in shifts by several volunteers, and spends a night or a week with folks in route. (We do this). All to get folks and pets together.

I suggested on another forum that we ‘fire members can volunteer to relay the pup from SV to her new home. I’d be honored to move her a couple hundred or more miles West to East and I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I have been informed by the authorities that Greg's firearms have been secured. If any of you have arms that were in his possession I will provide contact information via PM.

Good deal!

Thanks for the update

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
hadn't had the chance to go visit and get it before he passed, but he had i think it was a stevens single shot 22 he was going to give my grandson. I should of made time to go see him this past spring like i wanted to.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
T
Folks we have a vast amount of knowledge leaving us every day. We need to make time to learn all we can from folks like Crossfire and treasure our association with them while we can. There was a gentleman here locally that was well known for chambering benchrest rifles. I had always planned to spend time with him but cancer took him before I took the time.

RIP Crossfire

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI
Sure it wasnt a 303 Savage?

Sorry, never read the book.

Hawk1;
Yes absolutely it's a 99 in .30-30, though what model escapes me now.

I've seen it a couple times as it was and still might be on display at the RCMP museum in Regina. He also had a sawed off single shot shotgun, I want to say a 16 gauge, and a single shot .22 as well perhaps, though I might be mistaken on that.

Anyway with apologies to the derailment, but Greg and I used to discuss Canuck history quite often so he might be okay with it - I hope so.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Crossfireoops helped me with welding / welder advice, many times - Nice guy... one last thanks to him.

RIP Crossfire

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by HawkI
Sure it wasnt a 303 Savage?

Sorry, never read the book.

Hawk1;
Yes absolutely it's a 99 in .30-30, though what model escapes me now.

I've seen it a couple times as it was and still might be on display at the RCMP museum in Regina. He also had a sawed off single shot shotgun, I want to say a 16 gauge, and a single shot .22 as well perhaps, though I might be mistaken on that.

Anyway with apologies to the derailment, but Greg and I used to discuss Canuck history quite often so he might be okay with it - I hope so.

Dwayne

i think he's fine with it. smile

You know, that Savage 99 has to be one of the most talked about guns ever shown in a movie. I've seen thread after thread about that rifle for decades. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I doubt it.

I hired a guy three years ago to find my biological mother and brother.......still nothing.

Have you done the ancestry thing?

It's scary effective.

Clark

I am on Ancestry.com and have done the DNA test at 23 and Me.

However, since I was adopted through the Catholics, and it was before they did "open" adoptions, I had to hire a private investigator to get a court order to un-seal the records.

I dont even know the family name and the PI seems a bit sleepy.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Death Hunt, and it was Lee Marvin.

I've seen it a few times. Great flick.

PS Uncle Leo was in it.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
As for Squirrlenut, objectively I find it funny in a way that all will acknowledge Greg was cantankerous but none find it acceptable that just one man is vocal about his dislike for the man. Greg kinda earned at least one, don't ya think? Truth be known, he earned a few with his online persona, but most eventually, some begrudgingly, overlooked it. But nevertheless, Greg's demeanor stood on it's own and I doubt he'd need anyone shielding him from the truth, if I'm reading what you guys that knew him are writing. He might even call you pussies for not letting Squirrlenut have his opinion in peace. JMO not having known the man.

Obviously the men that knew Greg personally thought much of him, no doubt with good cause. For those of us that didn't, and for some that were on the receiving end of his wrath, as it sounds like many were, we had best listen to those who knew him best, and give the man his due. .

Well said.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Death Hunt, and it was Lee Marvin.

I've seen it a few times. Great flick.

PS Uncle Leo was in it.

[Linked Image]

....and Lee Marvin was using the Krag. Another funking looking, great rifle.....

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My condolences to Gregs friends

"We don't rent pigs"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Might be sentimental but if Gracie is still in the trailer has anyone thought about having her cremated and buried with Greg... seeing as they were so close. I've had both my Taffy and Cinnamon done that way and will be taking them with me when I go. Cost about $150 to $200 here. Just my thought of paying respect to Greg, - - - -

Thanks Greyghost - I had started working on this very idea yesterday with some very good help. Gracie must be cremated separately (state regs) and maybe we can get that done. Problem so far has been "who" will be responsible for removing her from the house and what will they then do - seems like some quick/direct steps are needed, but have not yet been able to get the key info. Still working on it.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by okie
Sad news all around and we had talked of meeting to "talk shop" but now that will never come to pass...

However Teri and I will be moving our son-in-law to Ft. Irwin early in November (tenth) and will be passing back through Arizona on our way home. Long story short Nip has a home here on the farm with us if one is not found before we come through. Let us know guys or anything else we may be able to help with...Dana and Teri Estes 940-631-2825

i sent you a private message, thank you for all concerned for the kind offer.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 22 of 38 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (160user, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.