Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Fireball2
As for Squirrlenut, objectively I find it funny in a way that all will acknowledge Greg was cantankerous but none find it acceptable that just one man is vocal about his dislike for the man. Greg kinda earned at least one, don't ya think? Truth be known, he earned a few with his online persona, but most eventually, some begrudgingly, overlooked it. But nevertheless, Greg's demeanor stood on it's own and I doubt he'd need anyone shielding him from the truth, if I'm reading what you guys that knew him are writing. He might even call you pussies for not letting Squirrlenut have his opinion in peace. JMO not having known the man.

Obviously the men that knew Greg personally thought much of him, no doubt with good cause. For those of us that didn't, and for some that were on the receiving end of his wrath, as it sounds like many were, we had best listen to those who knew him best, and give the man his due. .

Well said.

I was taught to never speak ill of the dead and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would go on an internet forum and berate someone after such a tragic event. If you cant say something nice (which is fine) simply STFU.

Some of you were obviously raised differently.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by okie
Sad news all around and we had talked of meeting to "talk shop" but now that will never come to pass...

However Teri and I will be moving our son-in-law to Ft. Irwin early in November (tenth) and will be passing back through Arizona on our way home. Long story short Nip has a home here on the farm with us if one is not found before we come through. Let us know guys or anything else we may be able to help with...Dana and Teri Estes 940-631-2825

I
I believe the doggie has been taken to a nearby animal shelter. If you call the Sheriff's office (the number is here somewhere on this thread), they might point you in the right direction. If I wasn't so far, I'd go get him and adopt him myself.

dana's offer is known to the people with awareness of the status of the dog. it's being handled.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I wish I had known him, he sounds like the kind of man you'd be proud to have him call you friend.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Might be sentimental but if Gracie is still in the trailer has anyone thought about having her cremated and buried with Greg... seeing as they were so close. I've had both my Taffy and Cinnamon done that way and will be taking them with me when I go. Cost about $150 to $200 here. Just my thought of paying respect to Greg, - - - -

Thanks Greyghost - I had started working on this very idea yesterday with some very good help. Gracie must be cremated separately (state regs) and maybe we can get that done. Problem so far has been "who" will be responsible for removing her from the house and what will they then do - seems like some quick/direct steps are needed, but have not yet been able to get the key info. Still working on it.

paul, i have a message in with the deputy envolved to return my phone call, and am calling the sheriff this morning on another matter.
i will ask both of them about getting gracie.
it's been on my mind too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I was taught to never speak ill of the dead and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would go on an internet forum and berate someone after such a tragic event. If you cant say something nice (which is fine) simply STFU.

Some were taught to apply the same courtesy to people that are still living as well. Reading on the fire, I realize some were raised differently.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somehow the fact that you don't see the difference in arguing with someone who can fight back and ripping on the deceased doesn't surprise me in the least.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somehow the fact that you don't see the difference in arguing with someone who can fight back and ripping on the deceased doesn't surprise me in the least.

That's not it at all. I just don't see the need to rip on the living.

LOL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sad news, indeed. He has been a constant figure here at the Campfire for a long long time. Had hardly any dealings, good or not, with Crossfireoops over the years that I can recall here at the Campfire, therefore have not formed any personal opinion either way of him as a person. Condolences to those who knew and cared for him. May his and his beloved dog's souls rest in eternal peace.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Might be sentimental but if Gracie is still in the trailer has anyone thought about having her cremated and buried with Greg... seeing as they were so close. I've had both my Taffy and Cinnamon done that way and will be taking them with me when I go. Cost about $150 to $200 here. Just my thought of paying respect to Greg, - - - -

Thanks Greyghost - I had started working on this very idea yesterday with some very good help. Gracie must be cremated separately (state regs) and maybe we can get that done. Problem so far has been "who" will be responsible for removing her from the house and what will they then do - seems like some quick/direct steps are needed, but have not yet been able to get the key info. Still working on it.

Generally, the veterinarian associated with the dog will be the contact person to arrange for the removal and cremation of the dog.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i would be kind of surprised if that dog ever saw a vet.
And he didn't exactly live in a subdivison.
The issue of getting gracie is being worked on.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by HawkI
Sure it wasnt a 303 Savage?

Sorry, never read the book.

Hawk1;
Yes absolutely it's a 99 in .30-30, though what model escapes me now.

I've seen it a couple times as it was and still might be on display at the RCMP museum in Regina. He also had a sawed off single shot shotgun, I want to say a 16 gauge, and a single shot .22 as well perhaps, though I might be mistaken on that.

Anyway with apologies to the derailment, but Greg and I used to discuss Canuck history quite often so he might be okay with it - I hope so.

Dwayne

barrel banded H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Another reason I’m damn proud to be a part of this group. I’m always amazed at the kindness and love by a group of grumpy curmudgeons, a group that I’m proud to be associated with.

I know it’s early but when the time comes if there’s any PNW guys that want to attend I might be able to fly a few of us down and back as a group. It’d be on Alaska Airlines and we’ll coordinate ahead of a time. Let me know via pm and I’ll do what I can on my end to make sure that we’re represented when it’s time. Greg had friends that he never knew, a man could say he lived a good life if that was the case.

A heartfelt thanks to those of you that are taking this on.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I watched a documentary on the Mad Trapper not long ago. They interviewed a couple of the Mounties who were involved in the final shootout. One said that he saw that the Mad Trapper was armed with a lever action rifle and thought that he was out of effective range of it.

He got shot through the leg for his miscalculation.

99's ain't Model 94's.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Another reason I’m damn proud to be a part of this group. I’m always amazed at the kindness and love by a group of grumpy curmudgeons, a group that I’m proud to be associated with.

I know it’s early but when the time comes if there’s any PNW guys that want to attend I might be able to fly a few of us down and back as a group. It’d be on Alaska Airlines and we’ll coordinate ahead of a time. Let me know via pm and I’ll do what I can on my end to make sure that we’re represented when it’s time. Greg had friends that he never knew, a man could say he lived a good life if that was the case.

A heartfelt thanks to those of you that are taking this on.

That is a fine and generous offer, done by a true gentleman.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Nip has a secure future.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see a lot of good men on this thread, from what little I know of Greg he would be proud.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Some were taught to apply the same courtesy to people that are still living as well. Reading on the fire, I realize some were raised differently.

You were not raised right, your parents should be ashamed of themselves. Why every decent person on here does not have you on ignore is unfathomable.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 10/20/17.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good on you Okie

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
sounds like the doggie is being taken care of, and will find a good home. seems like the dude had a girl friend out there? maybe some of the locals will be able to make the contacts. and of course, i could be wrong about that. she might have interest in the doggie, have no clue. at this point, the well-being of living doggie is an important part of the successful outcome, or so it would seem.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well done Dana!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 64 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,226
Posts18,466,576
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.