Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Reposted with permission from JCMCUBIC. Thanks for sharing!

Yesterday, I put about 80 rounds through a short action Fieldcraft wearing a Tract Toric 2-10x42. I like the scope. If changing anything to make it my perfect hunting scope I'd make it in 6x fixed for less moving parts and slightly lighter. A few of the things I like about it:

Easy to use: Great glass, great eye relief, great "eye-box" (closest I've seen to the 6x42 Leupold....very easy to get behind), bold reticle.

Elevation dial with zero stop: The standard capped elevation dial can be swapped out for a taller elevation dial with a zero stop. The zero stop is a hard zero stop and the design is excellent. Raise it up, dial up to slightly less than 1 rotation (~18 MOA available, 20 per full rotation but the zero stop eats a little of the rotation), can be pushed back down at any point in that range so it doesn't change. A slightly higher cap comes with it so the user can cap the higher dial if they wish. Standard capped windage and no parralax on this model. I'll use this capped elevation dial, capping it with a 100 yard zero when hunting woods and traveling, then leaving it bare when hunting fields to dial for longer shots.

1" tube/mid-weight: I like the 1" tube vs 30mm for slight weight savings. Down side is loss of elevation adjustment for LONG rangers. I think overall it only has ~60 MOA elevation. For a hunting scope, I don't need more than 18 MOA from zero (with zero stop installed), but I understand that some may. The weight is still a little over 18 oz's with the capped elevation dial...I'd love it to be under 16, but it's still lighter than most tactical scopes.

Yesterday I zero'd it at 100, found my 200 adjustment, found my 300 adjustment, and went back and forth between the ranges many times shooting mainly 3 shot groups. Often I'd run it 18 MOA up then back down. Return to zero seemed good, but I only put about 80 rounds through it, dialing every 3-6 shots....so this is limited testing and yardages were short...but a lot of 18 up/down was done even when not needed.

I've not run this scope through the ringer enough to sing it's praises and call it all good, but for a "hunting" scope, I really like a lot of the features it offers, especially for a hunting scope that's going to be dialed. This same scope in a fixed 6x42 would just about be my "perfect" scope....assuming it stands the test of time/use. I'm planning to use it as my only scope this deer season from mid-Oct to the first week in Feb (aside from my muzzleloader). I'm planning to switch it across several rifles....but I'm liking the Fieldcraft so it may stay on it for the entire season...we'll see. It will get a lot of rough use during those ~4 months...we'll see how it does.

I'm not affilated with the company and I purchased the scope, so don't take this as me pushing the company. I think the folks at Tract put a lot of thought into how they were designing their "hunting" scopes. They seemed to have designed these scopes specifically for hunting. I think it shows in the product. They've got several models aside from the one I used yesterday and I'm not familiar with all the options, bells, and whistles that come with them so check out their website. One more thing that stands out about Tract is their business model of selling their scopes directly to the consumer to avoid retailer markup.

Toric on Fieldcraft. This is with the zero stopped elevation dial installed and capped:

[Linked Image]

Original post: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...re-to-build-a-hunting-scope#Post12305468

Last edited by TRACT_Optics; 10/18/17.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Below is another update on the Tract Toric and tracking/return to zero that I made last week. Scope has been perfect in adjustments and return to zero so far...........................

Just ran 30 rounds through (very quickly) while I'm waiting on someone to show up for an estimate on how much it's going to cost me for new field lines....all shots were fired in anger.... Should be 150 rounds through it now.

First few rounds were to re-zero the scope. I'd pulled it to widen ring spacing a bit. Didn't effect it very much but I did have to adjust slightly. 3 shots, adjust, 3 shots to confirm...simple like a SWFA. Reset zero-stop and windage.

Following that I shot 8 3-shot groups. 4 at 200, 4 at 300. Between each shot I dialed up to 18 MOA, back down to 0, then back to the adjustment needed. All the groups were tight even with dialing between. Might make a difference and a problem might show up if someone was shooting at the 18 up instead of just dialing like I was but for now it will have to do. That was a lot of dialing in very little time. Point being, it came back to where it was supposed to come back to every time.

Scope still hasn't taken a physical beating as it's only on a 6.5 CM and I've not had it hunting yet but it's going pretty strong right now. I'm liking the scope. Gotta say the Fieldcraft is a peach as well, nary a bobble and good groups on a thrown together load....sweet little rifle.

Last 3 shot at 300 after all the dialing, shot fast with plate still swinging.....scope has been perfect in adjustments so far:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JCMCUBIC; 10/18/17. Reason: add pic of last 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Looks like a winner in the preliminaries!

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Waiting on someone to throw a rifle on the driveway 10 times and have it still zeroed. You want to like it based on the reports, but its new.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep, season is starting and it will get some rough use then. Hopefully it will hold up.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Waiting on someone to throw a rifle on the driveway 10 times and have it still zeroed. You want to like it based on the reports, but its new.

Calling Stick!!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Excellent review, JCMCUBIC. I received my Toric 3-15x42 just before I left on a grouse hunt and haven't had the opportunity to get it mounted and tested. I'll attend to that over the next few days.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

We'll give you that honor.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for the updates. I'm going to be looking for a reliable replacement for a VX-6, this seems like a very good candidate.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Thanks for the update JCMCUBIC!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looks like you already have one, so you can go first. Truthfully it should be done in controlled conditions and filmed. Maybe tract could do it?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You beat game to death with your rifle? [bleep].....I've been shooting them all this time. Guess I've been doing it all wrong.
If you think a scope needs to stand up to being thrown down on concrete multiple times and hold zero just to be able to take it hunting, you believe too much bullshit you read on the internet.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/19/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like you already have one, so you can go first. Truthfully it should be done in controlled conditions and filmed. Maybe tract could do it?

And if they do will that get you to open your wallet? Or will you require multiple runs, still remain skeptical, and then perhaps request it get dropped from a plane? smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Maybe Tract has already shock tested their products.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Maybe Tract has already shock tested their products.

From their website:

"Shock Endurance (grams)1,000g"

Exactly what that translates to I don't know. I'll hunt it hard from now until February, hunting between 1-3 days most weeks. I don't misuse stuff but I don't baby it either, I just hunt it. I've watched rifles go sliding/bouncing down limestone bluffs after a sling swivel came loose, had them fall from treestands, dropped more than I can keep up with, etc.... If something happens to it I'll check it and report.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's all you can ask.

I don't expect military-grade performance out of hunting gear, I don't use them like a fighting rifle, but do like things to hold up. I have had similar events like you've mentioned, accidents but not deliberate abuse. So far, what I have does hold up.

This particular scope has kind of caught my attention, and what you say may cause me to buy one.

I said that just so you'd know you would be partially responsible....(grin)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well after watching that it does not make me want to rush out an buy a Kimber but it does remind me why I don't bother subscribing to gun rags like Guns & Ammo.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Another 24hourcampfire pull out your dick and brag about beating the [bleep] out of your gun thread..... .[bleep] is so ridiculous.
Between the internet and reality television, the average American has lost touch with reality. Millionaires claiming oppression, cops in full tactical gear and hunters pretending the 100yd walk to the elevated heated deer blind is main Street Fallujah.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/19/17.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Another 24hourcampfire pull out your dick and brag about beating the [bleep] out of your gun thread..... .[bleep] is so ridiculous.
Between the internet and reality television, the average American has lost touch with reality. Millionaires claiming oppression, cops in full tactical gear and hunters pretending the 100yd walk to the elevated heated deer blind is main Street Fallujah.

So you're saying that a scope shouldn't hold zero if it is leaned against a tailgate or tree and slides off...?

If toasters offered the same performance as most scopes they'd be extinct. But an aiming device that doesn't stay zeroed- perfectly ok.

Since it is possible to make scopes work correctly, I'll take those.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'm just reporting on the scope and how it performs. I try not to abuse stuff but it will get some atv boot time on rough limestone mountain trails and it's going to get hit more than a few times being carried up mountain sides....it's just going to be used.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

So you're saying that a scope shouldn't hold zero if it is leaned against a tailgate or tree and slides off...?

If toasters offered the same performance as most scopes they'd be extinct. But an aiming device that doesn't stay zeroed- perfectly ok.

Im saying the average poster on here doesn't need their scope to be able to withstand being thrown down on concrete six times. Big difference between that and a gun leaned against a tree falling over. Which has happened to me a few times. I haven't let my gun fly off the back of an ATV, out the window of my truck, dropped it off a cliff or fall off my tractor multiple times like has been posted here.
My guns are TOOLS, and treated as such. As someone that makes his livelihood WITH tools, I take the best care I can to keep them from being damaged and use them with proper respect. If I see a guy using my tools/equipment with disregard he and I are going to have a problem.
A riflescope should be able to with stand a tip over, an ATV ride, being bounced/beat around etc...and still hold zero. I don't expect it to with stand being thrown down on concrete six times in order to quantify it as OK to use.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Your either drunk, a female that thinks emotionally, a Democrat or your a shill that works for Tract. Nightforce does such a test, the SWFA scopes pass such tests, many have been burned by the low wisdom your offering. Yes I am considering buying a Tract, and it is reasonable after years of the lies that pass for marketing from the gold ring people to expect the scope to stay zeroed if you drop it. My question should have been “tell us how it’s tested, or post a video like the NF toss the scope video. Then back on track, tell us how many of their scope you own and let’s see your review.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Im saying the average poster on here doesn't need their scope to be able to withstand being thrown down on concrete six times. Big difference between that and a gun leaned against a tree falling over. Which has happened to me a few times. I haven't let my gun fly off the back of an ATV, out the window of my truck, dropped it off a cliff or fall off my tractor multiple times like has been posted here.
My guns are TOOLS, and treated as such. As someone that makes his livelihood WITH tools, I take the best care I can to keep them from being damaged and use them with proper respect. If I see a guy using my tools/equipment with disregard he and I are going to have a problem.
A riflescope should be able to with stand a tip over, an ATV ride, being bounced/beat around etc...and still hold zero. I don't expect it to with stand being thrown down on concrete six times in order to quantify it as OK to use.

Pretty sure this is commentary on you more than anything. Believe it or not, there are people on this site, and more a few responding to you, that actually use their tools to do what they were supposed to do - function correctly. It takes more than a bit of effort to consistently kill game - baited hunting excluded. Show me a guy with newer looking "tools" and I'll show you a guy that doesn't use them much. Did a header into a boulder several years ago while dragging a big 8 pt down a mountain here in east TN. Rifle hit muzzle first, then both of us slid along the rock until hitting the ground. Might be more than a few beauty marks on that rifle. Killed a bull in Colorado a few years back. Took me all day to get my elk to the top of the canyon. Rifle strapped to my back and rubbed on the horns. Might be a few beauty marks there.

My equipment looks used after a single hunting season - be it boots, guns, clothes, optics. I buy quality gear and use it to its potential. The upside is that you'll get more for your rifle when you sell it than I will

Last edited by bwinters; 10/20/17.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've been having a rough morning, this one made my day, I can't stop laughing and regardless of what side of whatever we are arguing about, this is some funny [bleep] right here.

Humor = Tragedy + Time/Space

Happy Friday Ya'll

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unfortunately,18 MOA isn't much of a fhuqking "test" and is but half an MQ's windshield of opportunity. Hint.

For conversation,this platforms grants 25+ Mils on tap to it's zero stop. For even more conversation,there are 35+ Mils total available,if one "counts" the windshield and I sure as fhuqk do. Hint.

Sooooo...the reticle alone grants 1150yds of ele opportunity,assumin' a 147 ELD at 2700fps(which I shoot in a coupla Kreedmires) and a 225yd zero. 5 Mils of wind covers a 20mph full value impetus at the 1275yd line or 10mph full value at the 2100yd line. That's fairly flexible,for a scope you are gonna look through to use anyhow. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Got a new Fieldcraft Kreedmire,6x MQ,Talley 20MOA 1913 rail,Alpha brass and 'Horn rings waiting at the house. Mebbe I'll shoot some video.(grin)

But please understand,that I'm talking Safe Queen schit,that doesn't get used,see any weather,nor any rounds whistled through 'em. Laughing!

Picture found arbitrarily,while Googlin' the Interweb. I always wanted a knife.(grin)

[Linked Image]

I've never had a mounting system that was "too tough",a scope that held zero "too well",tracked "too well",a rifle that was "too accurate","too reliable" or "too light"...though I'd giver 'em all a whirl. The TRACT bullschit is a fhuqking joke,by literal design,because Clueless Dumbfhuqks are designing the Goat Fhuqks,based on their "knowledge"."experience" and "results". It's all a hilarious ruse,swooned by them who "do" the least and fhuqking funnier than schit,start to finish.

Folks who "know" that "much" will always be best served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers"...but the attempts are fhuqking HILARIOUS. I get it,that nobody gets it and that is the ONLY reason this schit is funny. Hint.

Thinkin' it'll prolly be a Kreedmire year and more than a few Fieldcrafts will get some air time and the 6X MQ will be a constant theme,if only because it has no equal. Hint.

The astute will more than savvy the appeal of a scope,designed to steer boolits,instead of steering Window Lickers. For an extry WHOLE 2-fhuqking ounces,I can reap an etched reticle that'll steer any boolit,at any speed,in any atmosphere,upon a known lineal scale,that jives it's erector. It also houses 2.5x more erector travel than the dismal TRACT attempt and it's an intellesting Dichotomoy,that I can have 2.5 good scopes,for the price of (1) schitty TRACT.

As an aside,this is better than an 18 MOA correction(147/Kreedmire/Fieldcraft/900yds)...though barely gets the platform outta 1st gear. No thang to do so on the windshield or the erector,unless one wishes to do portions of both,which is equally as easy.

Nothing To It With A Scope That Steers Boolits

Film at 11:00.

GOOD talk.

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep, 18 MOA is only 18 MOA but it will work for the hunting I do as long as it's exact and repeatable...and holds up.

Don't be a tease now....why you covering up the knife?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag

Last edited by screaminweasil; 10/20/17. Reason: F..........
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Your either drunk, a female that thinks emotionally, a Democrat or your a shill that works for Tract. Nightforce does such a test, the SWFA scopes pass such tests, many have been burned by the low wisdom your offering. Yes I am considering buying a Tract, and it is reasonable after years of the lies that pass for marketing from the gold ring people to expect the scope to stay zeroed if you drop it. My question should have been “tell us how it’s tested, or post a video like the NF toss the scope video. Then back on track, tell us how many of their scope you own and let’s see your review.

This from some [bleep] retard that starts a thread about hunting deer with a 1911 and the umpteenth stupid [bleep] post about Glock Vs. 1911... which is better.....?
I own zero Tract's you dipshit. I did have the one that's floating around the membership to test for a few months and wasn't very impressed with the reticle. I have 3 Zeiss conquests, at least 20 Leupold Vari-X/VX 2 & 3's, mark 4's, Nikon pre monarch, burris fullfield and mini's, Denver Redfields and 4 SWFA milquad 6x and 10x's.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bwinters

Pretty sure this is commentary on you more than anything. Believe it or not, there are people on this site, and more a few responding to you, that actually use their tools to do what they were supposed to do - function correctly. It takes more than a bit of effort to consistently kill game - baited hunting excluded. Show me a guy with newer looking "tools" and I'll show you a guy that doesn't use them much. Did a header into a boulder several years ago while dragging a big 8 pt down a mountain here in east TN. Rifle hit muzzle first, then both of us slid along the rock until hitting the ground. Might be more than a few beauty marks on that rifle. Killed a bull in Colorado a few years back. Took me all day to get my elk to the top of the canyon. Rifle strapped to my back and rubbed on the horns. Might be a few beauty marks there.

My equipment looks used after a single hunting season - be it boots, guns, clothes, optics. I buy quality gear and use it to its potential. The upside is that you'll get more for your rifle when you sell it than I will

Im betting the closest you've been to a tool is at Lowe's on sunday with the old lady picking out a new patio set. And if you want to talk about commentary about someone.... falling down the side of a mountain in Dollywood with a 90 pound "8" point is pretty good commentary on how [bleep] uncoordinated and clumsy you are. If you think deep dark Tennessee is the testing ground to test all this quality gear to it's potential, then you probably shouldn't participate in fall cleanup out in the backyard for fear of tripping and impaling yourself on the rake handle. It's ok to live vicariously through the tales of the folks who actually live the [bleep], but don't bullshit yourself into believing it's happening in Tennessee.

There are a few folks on here like Formidilosus and Stick who actually put the hours and miles in and need the durability you're whining about but you aint one of em and neither am I or most other guys on here. At least I'm honest about it.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/20/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right. I'll keep that in mind.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I always wanted a knife.(grin)

Me too.

Ghetto fabulous 350-400 yard sniper chit....
(from last year, season opens tomorrow)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SamOlson; 10/20/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love this thread:)

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
tag for future reference

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Me too.

[Linked Image]

Tennessee?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Me too.

[Linked Image]

How's the warne mountain Tech's doing Sam? Thinking they'd be a nice substitute for Talley LW's on a couple Montana's.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Tennessee?

Yep!

grin

Jack, they appear to be well made. The lunker Toric wouldn't fit the previously used low Talleys(and 6x36LR Leupold) so the switch made sense.

Last edited by SamOlson; 10/20/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

This from some [bleep] retard that starts a thread about hunting deer with a 1911 and the umpteenth stupid [bleep] post about Glock Vs. 1911... which is better.....?
I own zero Tract's you dipshit. I did have the one that's floating around the membership to test for a few months and wasn't very impressed with the reticle. I have 3 Zeiss conquests, at least 20 Leupold Vari-X/VX 2 & 3's, mark 4's, Nikon pre monarch, burris fullfield and mini's, Denver Redfields and 4 SWFA milquad 6x and 10x's.

Well I rest my case, you act like an emotional little girl that just got her feelings hurt. What’s funny is that you are not intelligent enough to have a discussion on the subject and yet call others retarded. I should have known when I saw you were from western VA. I do see you have at least as you say examined a Tract scope, but like anything else you have said, taken with a grain of salt. Like Stick said, no one wants mounts that are less stable, or a scope that is less durable.

Interesting you have nothing of value to offer to the conversation and that you get emotional if someone discusses testing in a certain way, then blather away with profanity further cementing your IQ profile. You have much bigger problems to deal with than a riflescope discussion. Have a nice day!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Me too.

[Linked Image]

Which Tract scope is that on the Kimber?

Molan Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Yep, 18 MOA is only 18 MOA but it will work for the hunting I do as long as it's exact and repeatable...and holds up.

Exactamundo.

Very few need the kind of windshield the SS has for hunting, but everybody need to be able to see what they're aiming with, and at, and accurate, solid adjustments.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately,18 MOA isn't much of a fhuqking "test" and is but half an MQ's windshield of opportunity. Hint.

For conversation,this platforms grants 25+ Mils on tap to it's zero stop. For even more conversation,there are 35+ Mils total available,if one "counts" the windshield and I sure as fhuqk do. Hint.

Sooooo...the reticle alone grants 1150yds of ele opportunity,assumin' a 147 ELD at 2700fps(which I shoot in a coupla Kreedmires) and a 225yd zero. 5 Mils of wind covers a 20mph full value impetus at the 1275yd line or 10mph full value at the 2100yd line. That's fairly flexible,for a scope you are gonna look through to use anyhow. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Got a new Fieldcraft Kreedmire,6x MQ,Talley 20MOA 1913 rail,Alpha brass and 'Horn rings waiting at the house. Mebbe I'll shoot some video.(grin)

But please understand,that I'm talking Safe Queen schit,that doesn't get used,see any weather,nor any rounds whistled through 'em. Laughing!

Picture found arbitrarily,while Googlin' the Interweb. I always wanted a knife.(grin)

[Linked Image]

I've never had a mounting system that was "too tough",a scope that held zero "too well",tracked "too well",a rifle that was "too accurate","too reliable" or "too light"...though I'd giver 'em all a whirl. The TRACT bullschit is a fhuqking joke,by literal design,because Clueless Dumbfhuqks are designing the Goat Fhuqks,based on their "knowledge"."experience" and "results". It's all a hilarious ruse,swooned by them who "do" the least and fhuqking funnier than schit,start to finish.

Folks who "know" that "much" will always be best served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers"...but the attempts are fhuqking HILARIOUS. I get it,that nobody gets it and that is the ONLY reason this schit is funny. Hint.

Thinkin' it'll prolly be a Kreedmire year and more than a few Fieldcrafts will get some air time and the 6X MQ will be a constant theme,if only because it has no equal. Hint.

The astute will more than savvy the appeal of a scope,designed to steer boolits,instead of steering Window Lickers. For an extry WHOLE 2-fhuqking ounces,I can reap an etched reticle that'll steer any boolit,at any speed,in any atmosphere,upon a known lineal scale,that jives it's erector. It also houses 2.5x more erector travel than the dismal TRACT attempt and it's an intellesting Dichotomoy,that I can have 2.5 good scopes,for the price of (1) schitty TRACT.

As an aside,this is better than an 18 MOA correction(147/Kreedmire/Fieldcraft/900yds)...though barely gets the platform outta 1st gear. No thang to do so on the windshield or the erector,unless one wishes to do portions of both,which is equally as easy.

Nothing To It With A Scope That Steers Boolits

Film at 11:00.

GOOD talk.

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!........................

Nice buck, what was the distance?

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T

Me too.

[Linked Image]

Great pic!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sam. Are those low rings?

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My 12.5x50mm binos are awesome

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
And so is my Tract Spotter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I miss the Tract Optics pimp.

TRACT_Optics Offline
Joined 07/06/16
Last Seen 02/21/18

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

TRACT_Optics Offline
Joined 07/06/16
Last Seen 02/21/18

As much as you miss George?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boy, folks sure get riled up about optics. whistle

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Tag

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It took some convincing, but I did buy the 2-10x42 BDC. I like it so much better than my 2.5-8 Leupold I had on my Barret Fieldcraft. I bought 10x50 bino and just ordered a 4-20x50 30mm scope.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

TRACT_Optics Offline
Joined 07/06/16
Last Seen 02/21/18

Lol........he sure disappeared when that scope test went awry.....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

TRACT_Optics Offline
Joined 07/06/16
Last Seen 02/21/18

Lol........he sure disappeared when that scope test went awry.....

Why Tract sent a "less than the best" of their line of scopes for testing I can't understand.

I've been playing with so many different scopes the last couple of years. I really need to put this one back on a rifle. After I sold the FC it was on it's been sitting idle....it's really to good of a scope to be sitting around.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 19 invisible), 1,769 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.