-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 38 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just poured three fingers of Bourbon in Gregg's honor.

Salute.

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
RIP Greg. You were one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by 45_100
Like him or not, Greg was always being Greg and that made him unique. He enjoyed sharing what he had accomplished and would only ask your opinion if he valued your advice. Not one to mince words, you knew where he stood. He wasn't afraid to tell you to leave the kitchen if you couldn't stand the fire. He broke the mold after he made Greg!

Well said and Greg will definitely be missed. I talked to him on the phone a couple times years back. He was passionate in his beliefs and had a very big heart. Anyone not picking up on that didn't know him well at all. R.I.P. Greg and Gracie.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Cross AND Gracie? What the hell happened?

Murder/suicide wouldn't surprise me. The interactions I had with Greg via PM and on the forum were very negative, he was a loudmouthed [bleep] with an anger problem.

A MAN with any brains or nuts, if he had such thoughts, would keep them to himself.

Surely you did not expect either to be found there?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first visit with Greg, at his place some years ago, was a detour from the route to Tucson. He waved me in the gate, asked if experienced any trouble with the directions and then showed me around his interesting place. Within less than ten minutes we were under the shade roof between his two storage sheds working out how to fit a replacement carburetor on an old machine - I think it may have been a tiller.

We discussed and fussed a bit about optimum cfm for that small engine and finally decided on which carb and how to modify the mounting setup. This was fun, and the machine was humming about an hour later. The mounting bolts had been too long for the cause and I started looking for a hacksaw. Greg told me to hold up, took us into the very crowded but neatly arranged machine space, chucked one of those bolts up on a lathe, and proceeded to trim it to proper length with a fine tool. No clumsy vise and hacksaw stuff for his little tiller.

We worked on about three such projects that day - all enjoyable and with good results - and poured the footer for a good relationship. I talked him into having dinner in Sierra Vista before going on my way, and we had a good time exchanging histories and perceptions. Our deal was not always smooth and easy, but respectful and most worthwhile.

I will miss Greg. RIP Cross.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very sad to see this news tonight. He will be missed, for certain. RIP

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Damn, I'm so sorry. Awful news to log on to.

May they both rest in peace.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had many a talk with Greg over the years on many topics... he often called as he was getting ready to mix some epoxy...Never met face-to-face and will regret that from now on. Had some interesting exchanges on Savage 24 s, also. And his music/cowboy poetry threads always wasted a BUNCH of my time...

Anyway, many moons ago 24hour put together a memorial for the son of a poster that died on a MT Christmas Eve.

From Alaska I put together a memorial trail and a lot more for Camp Tyler in Tyler, TX. The folks from the Fire kept things going and all I did was make phone calls with suggestions. I will try to dig up a link to the thread.

I think Greg's Memory would be well-served by a similar effort...

Unfortunately I do not have the time to put it together but would do whatever I can to help.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is an early report on what was being done. I will not distract any more from Greg's thread, but it can happen again.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/402602/Searchpage/1/Main/43800/Words/%2Btyler/Search/true/memorial-tree-update#Post402602

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RIP

Damn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And a shame some of the comments. This place is weird but seems like every time I think I won't be more disappointed... I am.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Rest in peace sir.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got no words.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am so sorry to hear this news. Rest in Peace Cross.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Been off line pretty much last couple of days...just got the news in a PM from one of the Arizona Members...

Another forum member that will be sorely missed...

When I heard the news, I admit, first thing I did was bring this song up by Don Edwards on Youtube...

Almost of everyone on the campfire I've known at all, when I heard this song, the person I'd think
of was always Crossfire...

So instead of being lost for words, I'll share the song, that reminded me so much of him...

Peace be with you Greg....You are in the hands of God now...
Heaven is enriched and we are diminished.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
funny, his picture looks exactly like I'd pictured him from reading his posts over the years. In the world of the internet, I think that's a pretty good complement.

There are some people here that post and you pay attention to what they say, even if you don't agree or necessarily believe it.

He was one of them. This place is diminished

Early on when I was first posting here, we'd lock horns a bit, over time I realized the right move was to give him his space and you'd benefit from it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The nicest act of random kindness I've ever received online came from Greg.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rest in Peace, Sir. Your Wit & Wisdom will be missed by many!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
To say he was a skilled craftsman would be an understatement...

R.I.P Greg.

Page 9 of 38 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 35 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.