Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Guys, this is going to sound real corny, forgive me for that.

But with a persons passing many people come forward to say as nice a thing as they can remember about the guy, as it should be. At that point the struggles are over, and by gone's are by gone's.

When my dad died after a 7 month bout with cancer, my middle sister went into some kind of funk because she couldn't cope with losing him. Funny and sad thing was she wouldn't come see him when he was sick, even tho she lived only 20 miles away. The rest of us spent as much time as we could with dad and didn't have the regrets she had. Now she treats mom the same way too, and we keep telling her mom ain't gunna live forever.

Paying respects is the right and honorable thing to do when someone passes, to be sure. But why not do the same while we're still alive? Why so negative to each other when there's still time to do something about it?

We all make choices. You all have a good day.

LOL
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sometimes if a family member is going through their end days/months with a disease like cancer or Alzheimers - people stay away because they want all their memories to be of the person they grew up with and knew, not what they've become and as much as you tell yourself that the person you see in their last days isn't who you knew 40/50 years - it's the last, most fresh memory. That can be rather painful.

Me

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
a lot of folks can't directly face or deal with the inevitable. they don't want to acknowledge reality, because they can't, not that they don't want to. and so it is with many of us humans.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When my dad caught cancer and was coming to the end, I took a couple of weeks, shuttered the business, and went to spend it with him and my mom.

Didn't bother with the funeral, couldn't see the point.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Passing does not make one a saint by doing so.

My dad was a worthless POS that was stolen from us by alcohol in the 70's although he lived until 2011. I didn't particularly care to be around him when he was alive, or when he was dying of congestive heart failure. He was true to form and was a worthless POS right up until he died.

But, he was my dad, and I had to deal with him on many levels through the years. Most were unpleasant. His death was unpleasant and the memories he left are unpleasant.

Another worthless POS died recently that I knew. Most everyone wished this person would die, so that they could have peace in their lives, free from theft, credit card fraud, and destruction. But when the POS died from years of drug abuse, it was sickening to she how she suddenly reverted to "angel" status.

As far as the difference is how I personally treat another person when dealing with them when they are alive... that all depends on the respect mutually shown. If none is shown, none is given.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Start an atonement post for defending squirrelnuts huh? Congrats fiireball2 on finally reaching 25k plus post and gaining official orifice status.....

Last edited by renegade50; 10/20/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Start an atonement post for defending squirrelnuts huh? Congrats on finally reaching 25k plus post and orifice status.....

There's a time and place for everything.

Squirrelnut didn't pick the right time or the right place.

Wait until after the funeral to piss on the grave... I did. No sense in showing what a classless jerk you are by doing it at the wrong time, in front of the wrong people. That just shows you are lowlife.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2

But with a persons passing many people come forward to say as nice a thing as they can remember about the guy, as it should be. At that point the struggles are over, and by gone's are by gone's.

When my dad died after a 7 month bout with cancer, my middle sister went into some kind of funk because she couldn't cope with losing him. Funny and sad thing was she wouldn't come see him when he was sick, even tho she lived only 20 miles away. The rest of us spent as much time as we could with dad and didn't have the regrets she had. Now she treats mom the same way too, and we keep telling her mom ain't gunna live forever.

Paying respects is the right and honorable thing to do when someone passes, to be sure. But why not do the same while we're still alive? Why so negative to each other when there's still time to do something about it?

Paying respects is for the living, there is nothing you can do for the dead. I've been to a few funerals that I didn't give one shiet about the person that was dead, but I did about some of the people that cared for the dead person. I was there to support the living.

It's not difficult to understand if you ain't half a twit.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Passing does not make one a saint by doing so.

My dad was a worthless POS that was stolen from us by alcohol in the 70's although he lived until 2011. I didn't particularly care to be around him when he was alive, or when he was dying of congestive heart failure. He was true to form and was a worthless POS right up until he died.

But, he was my dad, and I had to deal with him on many levels through the years. Most were unpleasant. His death was unpleasant and the memories he left are unpleasant.

Another worthless POS died recently that I knew. Most everyone wished this person would die, so that they could have peace in their lives, free from theft, credit card fraud, and destruction. But when the POS died from years of drug abuse, it was sickening to she how she suddenly reverted to "angel" status.

As far as the difference is how I personally treat another person when dealing with them when they are alive... that all depends on the respect mutually shown. If none is shown, none is given.

[color:#FF0000][/color]

But none should mean none, positive nor negative...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Start an atonement post for defending squirrelnuts huh? Fireball2 Congrats on finally reaching 25k plus post and orifice status.....

There's a time and place for everything.

Squirrelnut didn't pick the right time or the right place.

Wait until after the funeral to piss on the grave... I did. No sense in showing what a classless jerk you are by doing it at the wrong time, in front of the wrong people. That just shows you are lowlife.

Ya. Stepping on your dick with golf spikes on , aint exactly a good thing at times. (Fixed the quote ya snatched it before I did an edit to it, dont need a misunderstanding)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sometimes people want to remember a loved one as they were and not how how they wasted away due to a disease, especially one as horrendous as cancer. There are times I wish I didn't witness the pain and suffering.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A friend of mine has often said "If you won't come to see me when I'm alive, don't bother coming to the funeral".

I was taught to not disrespect the dead, for it shows two things, first and foremost, you don't have the capacity for forgiveness, and second, you make it damned tough for people to want to be around you because you lack respect for others.

Forgiveness isn't about letting someone off the hook for something they've done, it's about you letting go of your hurt and getting on with life, free of the anger.
The person who has hurt you doesn't even need to know that you have chosen to forgive them, because it's not about them, it's about you and your health.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Funny, I NEVER considered a funeral to be about the dead person, I guess many do.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
...Ya. Stepping on your dick with golf spikes on , aint exactly a good thing at times.

It's hurt like Hell every time I've done it!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Paying respects is for the living, there is nothing you can do for the dead. I've been to a few funerals that I didn't give one shiet about the person that was dead, but I did about some of the people that cared for the dead person. I was there to support the living.

It's not difficult to understand if you ain't half a twit.

This.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Funny, I NEVER considered a funeral to be about the dead person, I guess many do.

I think that's a common misconception, Scott.

Funeral are for the living. The dead couldn't care less.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
...But none should mean none, positive nor negative...

Contrary to popular belief, respect and trust are gifts, not the wages of effort.

We give respect and trust, but when someone betrays those gifts, they can easily be taken away. We can choose to give them back if the other person lives in such a way to insure you that your original gift was correct, or we can withhold them forever.

Some folk don't understand the whole "gift" thing to begin with and never enjoy the benefits of respecting or trusting other people.

Ed

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
...But none should mean none, positive nor negative...

Contrary to popular belief, respect and trust are gifts, not the wages of effort.

We give respect and trust, but when someone betrays those gifts, they can easily be taken away. We can choose to give them back if the other person lives in such a way to insure you that your original gift was correct, or we can withhold them forever.

Some folk don't understand the whole "gift" thing to begin with and never enjoy the benefits of respecting or trusting other people.

Ed

Well said.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Sometimes people want to remember a loved one as they were and not how how they wasted away due to a disease, especially one as horrendous as cancer. There are times I wish I didn't witness the pain and suffering.

You're not alone, no one wants to see that. Again, it's not about how we are, it's about how the sick or injured are.

I didn't want to watch my Dad die, nor my Mom, but I wasn't there for me, I was there for them.

Being there was the hardest thing I have had to do, particularly when I was the one who told the doctors to unplug my Dad, but it was the right thing.

Writing Greg's life down for that post wasn't for Greg. It was for us, selfishly, for me.

It was, and is, a way of my grieving.

Ed

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have visited a 'few' that were nearing the end...... for ME!

I do not enjoy seeing people suffer or die, I have seen both.

MOST of the people that I have visited near the end, I visited for THEM.

I am not yet ready to go, there some things I want/need to get done, things to see.

I know that I am going to go! I am good with that.

I don't think that I want to go slowly, cold and alone.............

I assume most don't either...........so I visit them for THEM!

IMHO

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know FB you might be on to something.

Maybe this is Squirrelnut's way of dealing with Greg's death, he just can't deal with the loss so he does what he does...........Makes sense.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Forgiveness isn't about letting someone off the hook for something they've done, it's about you letting go of your hurt and getting on with life, free of the anger.
The person who has hurt you doesn't even need to know that you have chosen to forgive them, because it's not about them, it's about you and your health.

Ed

Exactly, carrying a load of anger around will get heavy on the mind & soul...dump that chiit and move on, even if that means pissing on their grave to settle matters.

My 1 biological grandfather is a POS, he'd have been dead long ago by my hand if it wasn't for my Mother's stern words...wife beating, child beating, drunkard, cheating, worthless and mean human being. We disowned his azz years ago, always trying to come around for attention and family. He's dead now and hopefully paying the reaper for his vile and cruel ways...no one went to his funeral, no one sent flowers, no loved ones to miss him.

We all get what we deserve in the end, one way or another.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i given i have worked in a retirement area for about 40years, plus my own family, have come to understand there is no commonality among how people deal with grief. Some people try to avoid it, some bottle it up, some are cracking up.
I have seen all types of behavior when people pass.
some are pretty easy to see they are shallow, self centered, don't give a poop.
i have seen this in brother and sister, one caring the other mostly concerned about the check.
But i like some have mentioned, was taught not to speak ill of the dead. Also to stand there and do what you can with the survivors.
I am attending more and more funerals, reflective of my age.
what is sad, is to sit in an almost empty church, a funeral for a classmate, delayed victim of vietnam, and the few other people as you talk
to them say they were there because they were afraid no body would be there, and that's not right.
I figure at that point what ever their sins are, they are probably talking about them in a different venue.
aint up to me at that point.
geez, i had a 95year old client dieing in a hospital one time. He asked me if God had forgiven him for cheating on his wife one time in 1943. She certainly made him pay for it every year after.
my comment to henry was, i don't think given the quality of your life you led, something in 1943 is gonna influence the books.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I agree that we should treat each other with respect sometimes in life we have fights, quarrels and disagreements and sometimes things get out of hand or disrespectful but that doesn’t mean that you hate or dislike the person. I’ve been an ass many times and I’ve been displeased with myself for the way I acted, in most cases that I regretted I later apologized. People have been an ass to me but that doesn’t mean I dislike them or hate them. We’re all human and we all screw up sometimes but it’s how we forgive and move on that makes us better people. I try to not carry grudges and let my emotions get in the way of my interactions but sometimes I fall short and disappoint myself but that doesn’t stop me from trying to be better.

Some of the roughest and most surly men I’ve known were some of the kindest and most gentle souls in the purest sense. Like Scott said the funeral is for the living and the memories recalled are for those that care. Speaking ill of the dead is just poor form and low class for all but the worst of the worst. I don’t know what could be said of the departed that would change a single thing other than to show the lack of respectability of the speaker.

Like others have said I’ve been to funerals where IDGAF about the deceased but I cared a lot about those that loved him.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I must not have worded this right.

I'm asking why we don't treat each other better while we're alive? Why wait until someone dies to say something nice? By the time they're gone, you're pissing up a rope and you are the one left with a heavy heart for not having done some nice gesture while you had the chance.

How many guys wished they had met Greg? How many regret that there was hard feelings between them? All it would take is two people to make the choice to make it right while there's life left to live. After death, there's just regrets if not done.

I used my family to illustrate the point. I'm not trying to start anything here. Just a simple question, why don't we treat each other better today, while we still can? I guess it's about our ability to forgive ultimately.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Because some people ain't worth treating better.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I agree with you Scott, but I don't think most fall into that category.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Keeping your own counsel solves all the problems associated with 'why' when it concerns others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a great uncle that was a crooked old SOB. He had cheated just about everybody who had ever done business with him, and along the way had amassed a lot of land. His kids wouldn't go against him because they were afraid they'd be kicked out of his will. Several years before his death, he and I had a falling out over a piece of farm equipment, that he priced to me for one price, then tried to double it when I went to pay for it. That was last straw for me, as there had been other instances as well. Anyway, when he died, the family asked me to be a pallbearer. I wanted badly to tell them just what I thought, but I took the high road, and am glad I did. I was nice, acted as though I cared about their loss, and remained friends with them. Behind the scenes, I considered his passing to be about damn time the old goat left this world and ceased screwing people. Of course, I kept those thoughts to myself, which is probably the best thing one should do, all things being considered.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Keeping your own counsel solves all the problems associated with 'why' when it concerns others.

Scott, your very first post towards me was to STFU, so there's no room for you to be critical. You cook your own goose from what I've seen. Regardless, i don't know you and wish you no ill will, although my patience has worn thin with your mouth many times.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/20/17.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Start an atonement post for defending squirrelnuts huh? Congrats fiireball2 on finally reaching 25k plus post and gaining official orifice status.....

Squirrelnut didn't start it with the dearly departed, the dearly departed did. I've never seen any point in saying nice things about someone in death you didn't like that you wouldn't say about them in life so I don't. I don't wish the guy ill at this point but I don't miss him, either. I hope he is at peace.

Lay off Fireball, he's a thoughtful person with a good heart and it took guts to post some of things he's posted considering the mob mentality that permeates this place and his knowing he would be attacked.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Scott, your very post towards me was to STFU, so there's no room for you to be critical. You cook your own goose from what I've seen. Regardless, i don't know you and wish you no ill will, although my patience has worn thin with your mouth many times.

Once again, reading comprehension and IQ are tripping you up before you get to the first turn.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut

Squirrelnut didn't start it with the dearly departed, the dearly departed did. I've never seen any point in saying nice things about someone in death you didn't like that you wouldn't say about them in life so I don't. I don't wish the guy ill at this point but I don't miss him, either. I hope he is at peace.

Lay off Fireball, he's a thoughtful person with a good heart and it took guts to post some of things he's posted considering the mob mentality that permeates this place and his knowing he would be attacked.

We need a Victims Forum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a simple question, why don't we treat each other better today, while we still can?

I think it's up to each of us as individuals to ask ourselves "why don't we I treat each others better today, while we I still can?"

Your original question makes me think of those spoof videos of cowboys on horses trying to herd cats. I think it all boils down to the fact that it's all we can do individually to tend our own mittens.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All folk are due a graveside toast. With some folks, it is the good stuff, others it is just light beer, and for some you filter it through your kidneys first. But they all wait for the dirt to stop moving.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

We need a Victims Forum.

No shyt.... I have gotten into more scraps on this site than I can even begin to remember. And neither me nor anyone else has come out of them none the worse for the wear.....Tito get me a tissue... cry cry cry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never seen any point in saying nice things about someone in death you didn't like that you wouldn't say about them in life so I don't.

You can live up to that without compromising your principles by saying nothing derogatory about the person at a time when those who liked him are all trying to get their heads around the fact that he's gone. Sometimes what you don't say is even more important than what you DO say.

You have every right to feel the way you do about the man, and I daresay you have the right to say what you please. But just because you CAN say or do something does not make it the best course of action. Your words hurt a lot of people you probably didn't mean to hurt, at least in the beginning. In your persistence you hurt yourself.

I don't know you, but I take you to be a young fellow. Learn from your mistake. Make amends. That's the mark of a man.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

there is a lot of truth to that, particularly some of my relatives.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Layoff Fireball..........bwahahahahahhahanaha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

We need a Victims Forum.

Ask and thou shall receive.........

Victims Forum.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Regarding this thread and a couple other recent ones, Some of you [bleep] are truly disgusting humans. I'm a nobody around here who hides in the shadows in hopes of learning something. Once in a while I make the mistake to click on one of the good old boys club post and find a bunch of grown men acting little bitches. Grow the [bleep] up, and I also feel , like the OP, you should treat people like you want to be treated. Even this POS millennial knows that. Some of you should be ashamed. Talking about being great men and great Americans, but I'd be embarrassed as [bleep] if you represented me or my family or country.

Last edited by Whisky; 10/20/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

The pile on mentality is alive and well.

You would do well to learn to think for yourself.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 10/20/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nice spin but too little too late. You've already showed your ass and it's just plain hateful..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Nice spin but too little too late. You've already showed your ass and it ain't pretty.

I don't give a schitt what you think about me, chief. Lol.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Whisky
Regarding this thread and a couple other recent ones, Some of you [bleep] are truly disgusting humans. I'm a nobody around here who hides in the shadows in hopes of learning something. Once in a while I make the mistake to click on one of the good old boys club post and find a bunch of grown men acting little bitches. Grow the [bleep] up, and I also feel , like the OP, you should treat people like you want to be treated. Even this POS millennial knows that. Some of you should be ashamed. Talking about being great men and great Americans, but I'd be embarrassed as [bleep] if you represented me or my family or country.

You must be Jewish

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

You must be Jewish

I haven't been around long enough to know if that is a compliment or insult. However, no jew in me...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I've never had harsh words with you, nor do I intend to. You have the right to speak your mind, and be your own man. I have no problem with blunt honesty including your distaste for someone, obviously you and the Gent didn't get along...and it could have been all his choice to offend and pizz you off.

It's not about offending the dead, nor respecting their reputation...it's about the caring innocent souls they loved the man, people he was dear to in their lives. It's those you don't want to offend, they are the innocent victims, they are the ones in pain and sorrow.

I have seen those die that I didn't miss, and said to myself "good riddens azzhole"... I'm far from perfect and have made mistakes I regret, but rarely make them twice. We all get hot headed, and emotions come tumbling out...it's human nature. But fixing your wrongs, goes a long way in a peaceful life without regrets.

Hate who you want, feel how you'd like...but don't hurt those survivors in pain.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Scott, your very post towards me was to STFU, so there's no room for you to be critical. You cook your own goose from what I've seen. Regardless, i don't know you and wish you no ill will, although my patience has worn thin with your mouth many times.

Once again, reading comprehension and IQ are tripping you up before you get to the first turn.

You spend an inordinate amount of your energy looking for ways to put other people down, so we pretty much know where you're coming from.

There's a few guys here that get where I'm coming from, you aren't one of them.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You spend an inordinate amount of your energy looking for ways to put other people down, so we pretty much know where you're coming from.

He spends an inordinate amount of energy being a loudmouthed azzhole hiding behind a keyboard.

I get what you were trying to say and thanks for doing so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
get a room.....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The pile on mentality is alive and well.

You would do well to learn to think for yourself.

Ok, Ms.squirrel splooge

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 10/20/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I was taught to not disrespect the dead...

Talking about the legacy left behind by any deceased is not disrespect. sometimes it happens to be
what some consider a despicable/dishonorable legacy they left behind,and sometimes not, it is what
it is whatever it is....I don't see it as a taboo subject either way... People pick and choose as to which
deceased folk they consider it OK to talk about.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Allies swarming in, amazing what multi-screening can seem to present or reveal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman

Talking about the legacy left behind by any deceased is not disrespect. sometimes it happens to be
what some consider a despicable/dishonorable legacy they left behind,and sometimes not, it is what
it is whatever it is....I don't see it as a taboo subject either way.

There's always time for that after an appropriate duration.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

it is whatever it is....I don't see it as a taboo subject either way.

There's always time for that after an appropriate duration.

One can do nothing but praise the dead at their eulogy before they are even in the ground, but how long
does one need to wait to point out the less admirable aspects of that person life?

Is in the car on the way to the wake too soon?... grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Posting styles with similar spacing and style, one after the other. Other postings of completely different style. Subject matter setup in an orbit around controversy in another thread. Pretty similar to the where's Waldo/deflave thread b.s from earlier this yr and what people were speculating on who's who in all of that. And fireball2 being all in that chyt too as a central character, with similar allies showing up also. Hmmmmm, just saying...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

One can do nothing but praise the dead at their eulogy before they are even in the ground, but how long
does one need to wait to point out the less admirable aspects of that person life?

Is in the car on the way to the wake too soon?... grin

There's a way to say those things without kicking everyone else in the teeth. You can point out or mention a man's weaknesses without being a callous a$$hole when you care enough about other folks' feelings to do that.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dude I'm an equipment operator and landscaper from Oregon. Native Oregonian, 51 years. I don't have the desire or the knowledge to pretend to be anybody else. If I have anything to say I'll say it as Fireball2.

The controversy only arises when the same half dozen guys dogpile the thread just because that's what's in their heart. I ask an honest question and they make it personal, as always. Feel free to chat by PM if you doubt what I say.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh God, not another one of these threads...

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dude I'm an equipment operator and landscaper from Oregon. Native Oregonian, 51 years. I don't have the desire or the knowledge to pretend to be anybody else. If I have anything to say I'll say it as Fireball2.

The controversy only arises when the same half dozen guys dogpile the thread just because that's what's in their heart. I ask an honest question and they make it personal, as always. Feel free to chat by PM if you doubt what I say.

I ran with some of the best sock puppet running mofos on here for yrs, interacting and helping out on things some people still think happened to this day.
I came clean months ago to all on here with several postings on my threads i started. Pm rickbin and ask him if i fessed up to my doings. And I will freely answer any question about the tn mafia via pm to anyone that feels a need. Then said persons can do whatever they want with it for all I care, post the question and answer for all to see. You seem to be a central character in controversy and deflection alot of times. Very recognizable pattern to me from experience..........

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You are welcome to think what you will, but I just don't have it in me. Life is too complicated at home to spend the energy here strategizing anything. I asked a simple question, why do we wait until someone dies to say something nice about him? Why not make the effort while we are still alive and have a chance to effect some change for the better? Used my family as na example of how those choices affect a persons mental state later.

I have no idea how that could ever be construed as a bad idea but look, the thread speaks for itself.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Same lame ass excuse used by everyone that didn't want to be there for the ones around them suffering. No one wants to see that, but that is what love and humanity are all about.

My young wife died of cancer; it took awhile, and she was a beam of light right up to the end. There were those that uttered your words and they missed the very best in that sweet woman and they have to live with that, although most were too selfish to care anyway.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Deflection...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Deflection...

No, actually, I just restated the original question that the thread is all about. You may want to take a step back and breathe.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
...Ya. Stepping on your dick with golf spikes on , aint exactly a good thing at times.

Ed

Take the cleats off of your hands

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's some nutty [bleep] around here. I like it.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Ed

Take the cleats off of your hands

Grapefruit juice and vodka are wicked nasty blown out both nostrils in volume!!!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If common decency has to be explained to anyone in particular, it's an effort in futility.

They can defend it til the cows come home, but they have none.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Scott, your very first post towards me was to STFU, so there's no room for you to be critical. You cook your own goose from what I've seen. Regardless, i don't know you and wish you no ill will, although my patience has worn thin with your mouth many times.

This is why I later called you an idiot. We were having a civil discussion and then you go off in the post above. I never said STFU, I never implied it. You can't comprehend the written word then immediately make it about you, like victims do.

Once again, you start the shiet but I'm the bad guy. Why, because you're too [bleep] stupid to understand what is written and go straight to victim in zero point 3 seconds.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Yes, they are called idiots as well. Once again, you couldn't comprehend what I typed, because you are stupid, and immediately go into victim mode.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I know if kicked the old can tomorrow I could care less what the folks on 24 hour said about me I’m dead. I have several buds that will help my wife in fulfilling my request for spreading my ashes in the alphabets in unit 13.. I think some folks are more concerned about how people feel about them after they kick the ol can.. I say who cares..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That was a lesson that was taught to me very early. You go for the living. Get dressed.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 79S
I say who cares..

Then you'll like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnqnvSFmxQ

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

An awesome sentiment. Thanks for posting it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Be patient Whiskey. There are still nuggets of good information and lessons to be learned on this sight. Although some times they are few and far between. It gets ugly around here every so often but there are also some great folks who have a lot of information to give. It's up to you to sort it out.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Like this one Whiskey.

Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 79S
I say who cares..

Then you'll like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnqnvSFmxQ

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You must be Jewish

I haven't been around long enough to know if that is a compliment or insult. However, no jew in me...

Whisky, stick around, and join in. The company can be a bit rough around the edges, and I was warned about a few in particular when I joined, but there is knowledge and good will here as well. I've butted heads with both steelhead and crossfireooops, but they each have thier own value. I've also debated just walking away. So far, the good outweighs the bad.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We all know that the varieties of human values, thought and behavior are endless. I try to accept folks as they arrive, give them a reasonable amount of respect and trust according to the circumstances, and take it from there based on their ensuing behavior. Unless I am responsible for what they do, any expectations on my part are worthless and needless. I think this can be a good approach to places like the Campfire

Every person I ever hired, and most of my students, were told clearly that they could not earn my trust and respect - that I had taken the risk of giving both respect and trust to them in full measure at the outset - and they knew my hope that they could appreciate that and not do anything to lose either. Most took and used that very, very well - some did not. They soon were gone. That is simply one man's method, and it has seemed most humane to me. Yours may be better - much better. Consistency with one's espoused values and beliefs looms large among others.

Internet acquaintances usually flash some things quickly. So be it - one can assess quickly and decide how to handle them. Seems like I rarely avoid a strong discussion about values - even a battle here and there - but often it's difficult to do that well and honorably on the Campfire, or almost anywhere on the internet. Lots of variety here.

Friends are different and, even as a kid, I decided to not try to seek friends. Friendships develop as a result of interaction, judgments based on important shared values, and the felt joy of the relationship. Good decisions regarding friendship require discernment. One of the best pieces of advice my wonderful Dad ever offered was that a man should choose as friends only those who will bring out the very best in him. Thankfully, I have a few. Few, but precious.

As for comments upon the passing of another, I try to follow a rule. One should say of the deceased only those things that one would have said to his/her face when alive, and best to avoid saying things that might be, even in the least, injurious or disrespectful to those who mourn the passing. I'm about to lose a beautiful friend following almost 50 years of enjoyment, deep respect and wonderful mutual accomplishments. The comments will be easy, the loss difficult. Hope there is something useful here.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Isn't there a Meatloaf song that sums up Fireballs thoughts on this?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
CCCC, Very well said and I pray for peace for you and your friend on the final journey of this mortal life. It’s never easy but I’ve found much relief in my faith. God bless.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

??? What is the title? "Im a clogged up douche nozzle with a fuqqed up sense of right and wrong amongst me and my allies"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
LOL

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

??? What is the title? "Im a clogged up douche nozzle with a fuqqed up sense of right and wrong amongst me and my allies"

Could be....I thought it was this one....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Could be....I thought it was this one....

Kinda of a running joke growing up amongst us , was the "that" he would not do was take it up the wazoo from his girlfriend wearing a strapon. Maybe in this situation from certain people's posting on this thread "that" is something they would do for love in a heartbeat.🤣🤣🤣

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s what I always thought “that” was too. 😁

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Who is Greg, if I may ask?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,460
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.