Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hit some parts just enough today with 400 and 1000 grit sandpaper to smooth down and then with some qtips with flitz liquid polish. after watching some YouTube vids. Hit the groove along the bolt that the ejector rides along. Hit the knuckle on the lever where it engages the bolt slot , hit the hole on the lever and the barrel of the lever retention bolt. It actually is smoother now. I think the biggest improvement was from polishing the ejector groove along the bolt. Will break down the whole gun after deer season and get at the actual internals, basically look for wear surfaces and polish. Biggest place to not do any polishing is the detent on the lever and pin that locks the lever in place via that detent. Gawd this marlin bug is almost like having a crack cocaine additiction. I find myself looking at new remlins with disdain and older ones with cross bolt safeties and wondering how many deer have been saved by the cross bolt safety "murphy" happening. Now i find myself wanting to find a .444 half tube 24 inch pre cross bolt safety as sort of a big brother to my 36g sc. Damm marlinitis.... almost as addictive as decking out an AR15.

Last edited by renegade50; 10/20/17.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

here's what I use.....buffing wheel & polish compound........with it you can.....

buff all internal parts.......hammer nose...ejector....lever cam....bolt slide areas......

hammer & carrier screws where they pivot.....yes...ejector silde groove in bolt...

use popsicle stick & 400 grit......do not overlook the mag tube follower....clean & polish too

along with mag tube interior....lighter main spring will help too

https://www.amazon.com/Enkay-Extra-...eywords=buffing+wheels+for+bench+grinder

https://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-D2...mp;psc=1&refRID=095SRY8TPEDD93H7JGH7

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I going to get into it the 2nd week of jan , kinda un decided on rebluing or cerrakote midnight blue, redo the stock properly , really want to get the rifle looking pristine again. The thing is just accurate as heck that it blows my mind.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Spend the money and get it professionally blued if you want it to look pristine. At the end of the day Cerracote is just spray paint.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm starting to lean that way, it is actually less expensive than cerracoating quotes I have been given around here.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm getting my first levergun next month, a Marlin 94, 45LC. It is the first firearm I've actually been excited about buying in years.

Guess I'll also need to learn how to slick it up. I plan to scope it with a Leupold 2-7x33. I'm a fan of Leupold DD rings but don't think they are available for a Marlin. Any suggestions?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hey renegade while you're polishing parts and pining away about carrying a Marlin in the woods we're huntin' the sheit out of em here. Hope you have fun there rubbin the Marlin.

BTW, saw 8 blacktail bucks and a bear last hunt out. But polishing parts sounds fun too.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I prefer to get them 'slicked' up by shooting the hell out of them.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by sawbuck
I'm getting my first levergun next month, a Marlin 94, 45LC. It is the first firearm I've actually been excited about buying in years.

Guess I'll also need to learn how to slick it up. I plan to scope it with a Leupold 2-7x33. I'm a fan of Leupold DD rings but don't think they are available for a Marlin. Any suggestions?

This is the 1st lever gun I have had since I was 17, I'm 54 now it's been awhile, having a rifle that is new to me and interesting to work and plan to work further on is pretty cool. but most of all being surprisingly accurate makes it all the better. DD rings and bases some times have issues with windage and elevation limits and using up too much total MOA of a scope, btdt with DD setup with lupy vx31 3.5-10×40 on my mod70ot6 late last year i ran out of elevation cause I used up moa on initial windage adjustment . Leopold sent me two .012 shims to put under rear base to compensate. I fricking hated knowing I had a shim on my rifle, installed a new 2 piece lupy windage adjustable base and rings back on the rifle , (which I always used in the past) used the adjustable windage rear screws boresighting it insted of massive windage scope adjustments. Took care of the loss of total MOA issue , got the rifle within 3 inches at 100yds and then used scope adjustments to get it on the X.

Last edited by renegade50; 10/24/17.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Hey renegade while you're polishing parts and pining away about carrying a Marlin in the woods we're huntin' the sheit out of em here. Hope you have fun there rubbin the Marlin.

BTW, saw 8 blacktail bucks and a bear last hunt out. But polishing parts sounds fun too.

Did I get ta ya buttercup...... been ml hunting on ft campbell since 16 sept. Letting deer walk and choosing not to take 1 shot so far, but of course you already know that researching my post since i hurt your feelings. I don't know if I should feel flattered or what. Never have had a groupie. Is this really you or is it mrs fireball. Go play with your new sock puppet encecalenema or whatever the heck it is called on the crossfire thread that just recently showed up on that.........

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Did I get ta ya buttercup...... been ml hunting on ft campbell since 16 sept. Letting deer walk and choosing not to take 1 shot so far, but of course you already know that researching my post since i hurt your feelings. I don't know if I should feel flattered or what. Never have had a groupie. Is this really you or is it mrs fireball. Go play with your new sock puppet encecalenema or whatever the heck it is called on the crossfire thread that just recently showed up on that.........
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I prefer to get them 'slicked' up by shooting the hell out of them.

It's a 53 yr old pawn shop gun steelhead that has done a 180 for the better since it has been mine and has gotten some tlc, i have made alot of post about this rifle, im sure alot have seen them. I am a marlin 36g post ho i geuss.I have shot 3 different brands of ammo in it the 1st time I took it to the range, got 10 rds of fed fusion 170gr left and it shot decent 2 inch groups. 15 rds of hornady full boar 140gr left, the rifle strung those horizontal almost 4 inches ( too light and fast I think for twist rate) then I shot the 160gr leverevolution rd and it would pair shots at 100yds all day long, shot entire box that 1st day, went back out shot another full box of the 160gr , my main purpose that session was wanting to see if it paired again with a cold clean barrel which it did and that was after I installed a .050 peep from theoriginal .093 peep. The rest of the box that day got burnt up shooting at chunks of cinder block , a steel chest plate someone left on the berm for some strange reason and 5 clay pigeons I found , all from the sitting, kneeling and offhand , the berm is around 115 yds, I was nailing shyt.... gonna go back out on a windless day again and for shyts and giggles check the 1st pair out of the cold clean barrel at 100yds off bench and bags again, then shoot the rest of that box again fun shooting. That will leave me with one box for the rifle season. All 4 boxes of the leverevolution have been the same lot number from midsouth 3 miles down the road....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Polishing parts you say? Sounds absolutely stupendous! Carry on soldier.

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And my groupie bytch speaks again... someone please insert Charlie Brown's teacher soundbyte...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
As least Stoolhead thrashes about a bit before someone punches him in the bullseye, you just get right at it 'ey mate?

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
As least Stoolhead thrashes about a bit before someone punches him in the bullseye, you just get right at it 'ey mate?

25214 post since May 2011 that everyone on the campfire have had to listen too. https://youtu.be/5HFiMXZiLAs

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Consider yourself one of a few. The elite campfire nasties that goes out of their way long enough to finally get my attention. Well, you got it sport, for now. But I've already grown bored with you. You're not much. A puff in the wind.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Why do I bother?

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Send a pm to rickbin, tell him I have hurt your feelings. I bet he says you deserve it, with all your chyt you pull with all your cleverly crafted sock puppet drama that you think no-one here on the fire never sees. You remind me of a inflatable bozo the clown punching bag. You don't know when you have had enough. Just like I said before just about everyone here knows you are a bytch. Look at your recent post, go listen to some soothing Paul McCartney and Michel Jackson Ebony and Ivory music. Don't reply to this post or any other of mine ever again and your little feelings from some internet squabble will go away with time. If ya wanta keep it up with me, I can take it to a way higher level than you have ever imagined what a internet squabble could ever be. I other words leave my post alone, simple as that. No reply is needed or wanted from you, easy to understand I hope for you. You keep it up and I will big time. No quote, no little last parting snippet from you, no nothing . Just go away and play your games on some other thread with some one else who will tolerate you and you know not many here on 24hr tolerate you very well at all. Dont even respond..... this is your chance at an out with no more conflict for ya.................

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Man that's scary stuff right there. I don't think I'll sleep tonight at all knowing you're onto me and my sock puppet. Better let Rick know right away so he can flush that nasty puppet. Be sure and come back and let the fire know what Rick finds out when he checks that out for ya, ya know?

I don't think I'm the one with hurt feelers, you get right with it real quick when someone calls you on your bullsheit huh? Well Super Sport, consider yourself called. And personally I don't GAF what you can do or imagine you can do. You are a non-issue in my life.

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Non issue in your life/mind🤣🤣🤣
For you guys on the marlin 336 threads, I apologize this has carried over to here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,914 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.