Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I have been watching Alaska state troopers for a while , and I know the show doesn't represent State of Alaska.
one question , why some 'victims' are nasty to troopers ?
P.

Last edited by persiandog; 10/21/17.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just the way Alaskans roll.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Mostly because they have always been in trouble with the law - or their whole family has been. LEO is "the Enemy".

Last edited by las; 10/21/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I have seen some amazing things , 10 drunks in a boat ran out of gas and they would have freeze to death if trooper wasn't there and none of them had life jackets.
he even offered them FREE life jackets and they were still nasty to him.

P.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because people are crazy and high.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I got my driver's license testing with an AK Trooper. I had to parallel park along a gravel road! That phugg had the nerve to ask me how I learned to drive without a permit! Total power trip!

JK, he was a good guy.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Possibly because it's a "reality" show and drama is their main offering. If they only showed the clips where people were friendly and respectful no one would watch.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Possibly because it's a "reality" show and drama is their main offering. If they only showed the clips where people were friendly and respectful no one would watch.

+1

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sheeeit.......watch Live PD and you will see that trash is trash no matter what state in the country.

Dave

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've never had a good experience with any brown shirt I've encountered.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDW
Sheeeit.......watch Live PD and you will see that trash is trash no matter what state in the country.

90% of a cops time is spent with the lowest 3% of the population.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I was having a few drinks in a parked car with a friend ( early 70s ) , my friend opened the driver side door , farted and closed the door.
he didn't realize there was an officer standing there or walking by. officer ordered both of us out and claimed we insulted him. a crowed gathered and after they heard what the issue was they started laughing and more people joined in. the officer whispered to me lets walk toward the station and I will let you go, the crowd is getting out of hand.
we did and came back to the car to finish our vodka. True story.

P.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I never had one be ugly to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been to Alaska twice. Drove lots of miles, talked to lots of Alaskans. They seemed like pretty good folks to me. Friendly enough. Of course everywhere I travel, rural folks are just about always outgoing and friendly, especially out west. Even rural California. They might act different I guess if I were a state trooper although I have to say that probably 90+ percent of the folks I dealt with in my 30 years as a state game warden were decent and friendly. I will say this about rural Alaska people, a lot of them are junk and scrap hoarders. There must not be much of a scrap iron market in Alaska or maybe the hauling distance is cost prohibitive. There are a lot of house places stacked up with old cars, bicycles, barrels, etc.

=

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I did mention they don't represent Alaska.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

......+1...... Sort of like "NFL Drama Theater" .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.newsminer.com/news/alask...1c754f8-b353-11e2-ab6c-0019bb30f31a.html

Check out this vid clip in that feature. Then consider that one of these troopers had a 70 year-old woman arrested, sight unseen, by an untrained local village 'police officer', a woman who had never had any previous interaction with the law. And then this old woman, two stents in her heart, a metal rod in her back, was held in a very questionable holding 'cell' for nearly 24 hours before she was heard in 'court' telephonically. All because she tried to remove a family member who had become unruly from her home.

Then the same dude...er, trooper, came and arrested our daughter for failure to address a warrant she had paid in full 4 months previously, and hauled her to Nome where she was held long enough (overnight) for the judge to say, "Why is she here? Release her!"

AST has a hard time recruiting, but they're also very reluctant to clean house.

We had several structure entered and/or broken into this summer, guns stolen, arson.....$20,000 loss at a minimum........I politely refused Branch's services so that someone whom I could trust would have a look. And I never saw any trooper all summer.

AST is generally a good organization - or at least that's what I try to tell myself. But they are also their own worst enemy.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
I've been to Alaska twice. Drove lots of miles, talked to lots of Alaskans. They seemed like pretty good folks to me. Friendly enough. Of course everywhere I travel, rural folks are just about always outgoing and friendly, especially out west. Even rural California. They might act different I guess if I were a state trooper although I have to say that probably 90+ percent of the folks I dealt with in my 30 years as a state game warden were decent and friendly. I will say this about rural Alaska people, a lot of them are junk and scrap hoarders. There must not be much of a scrap iron market in Alaska or maybe the hauling distance is cost prohibitive. There are a lot of house places stacked up with old cars, bicycles, barrels, etc.

=

Not many places to dispose of 'junk and scrap', in case you hadn't noticed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by persiandog
I have been watching Alaska state troopers for a while , and I know the show doesn't represent State of Alaska.
one question , why some 'victims' are nasty to troopers ?
P.

Because they represent the 2% of the schitthead population that we in LE have to spend 90% of our time on.

It's very rare that you roll up on an "innocent" victim. Most of them are getting done unto them what they did unto someone else in previous recent history.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Hastings

=

Not many places to dispose of 'junk and scrap', in case you hadn't noticed.

You have failed to mention the grant programs (i.e.: Free money) which sometimes pays for rural clean-up efforts and recycling. Hauling tons of steel and squashed pop cans back 'outside' for recycling.

On a personal note, I have had some success 'returning' scrap copper to outside sources which were worth the time and expense. I did have a few nice solid hunks of aluminum which I mailed out for recycling one time, hoping to make a few dollars. I think I 'earned' $8 on $11 shipping. Often, the places which people disparage for their unsightliness are also often the first places people go when they need something, since it often isn't possible to drive down to a local hardware store or whatever.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,979 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.