Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ain't just the va. i worked at redstone arsenal years ago and it was like i was in zimbabwe. i had to train them on a new computer app. most i ran into were dumb as a fuggen rock and nearly unintelligible. a hell of a lot of govt jobs are basically like welfare.

My diploma is a DD214
BP-B2

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I feel that that the whole VA system needs a rework. Starting with eliminating most of the facilities and transferring primary care to the private sector.

The only exceptions should be with military specific diagnosis such as PTSD, amputation and prosthetics, etc.

I too, have had numerous opportunities to work in VA healthcare and just could not bring myself to do it.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dad is having a hell of a hard time with the V/A. It's really sad all the hoops that an 85 year old Korean War vet has to jump through to get simple treatment. The constant calls for paperwork, mistakes and misinformation with follow up "corrections" is confusing and tiresome. The whole thing should be turned over to the private sector. If the government will pay for health care for welfare bums that can go about anywhere they please for any sort of treatment they want, then the damned government should allow our veterans the same opportunity for quality health care. It's maddening wading through the red tape and BS for little to no treatment.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've been inside a lot of VA Hospitals... from my time in the service and also working in the medical field
for 40 plus years... a Point that was made, and I concur....it seems those in Northern States are a lot
better ran than in other parts of the country....

and sadly, the higher content of "afro" Americans, the worse off things seem to be...

I don't think it is that ALL Blacks are incompetent... its just the system hires many of the ones they
do, to meet Affirmative Action Quotas....not based on qualifications..

I've ran across a lot of lazy unmotivated white people also, both in VAs and other civilian Hospitals..
and even working in a Military Hospital.. while in the service...

But still bottom line, the problem exists at the Professional Level, the Managerial Level.

it is there jobs to make the system work....

and they are the ones, that are allowing low standards to dominate the VA system.

A family friend is a Veteran, who tried to get her benefits via the VA for 8 years here in Oregon..
Lord knows how many 250 mile one way trips to Potland...yet constant runaround...

Like the VA was getting paid for how long they could string Veterans out on taking care of the simplest
problems....

Her dad ended up with a terminal disease, so she packed up and moved home to Massachusetts
to be there for her parents. She goes down to file with the local VA, to continue her claim...

What she had tried to accomplish in getting her VA Benefits for 8 years in Oregon...
she had in 48 hours, in Massachusetts.. not only without any effort on her part...

the VA in Mass, went out of their way and pointed out she also qualified for benefits she
never knew about....

and took her disability from 50% to 100%....which was what it always should have been.

That is a difference in Management... not whether the employees are black or not...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Dad had roids, for about 30 years, he tried and tried to get the VA to do something to help. They'd treat his eyesight, other problems, but would never schedule a simple roid operation. His last few years were basically spent within a very short distance of the nearest commode. He wouldn't leave his room or go anywhere, in case he had to "go".

He died two years ago. I mourn that, but more than that, I mourn that his last few years were spent in considerable discomfort and pain.

. I blame the VA for that.

I have never signed up for VA benefits, mostly because I've had good jobs/benefits since leaving the Army, and didn't need them, but I'm still pissed about Dad's treatment.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I spent 29 years on active duty and I will never see the inside of a VA hospital.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

[quote=Seafire

I've ran across a lot of lazy unmotivated white people also, both in VAs and other civilian Hospitals..
and even working in a Military Hospital.. while in the service...

But still bottom line, the problem exists at the Professional Level, the Managerial Level.

it is there jobs to make the system work....

and they are the ones, that are allowing low standards to dominate the VA system.

[/quote]

I recently spent 4 days with my Dad in ICU at the VA hospital in Biloxi, MS. We live in south AL and his primary care is the VA JACC (outpatient) P'cola, FL. When Dad needed serious help primary care referred him to the local ER. They would stabilize him and refer him to primary care. We went through this several times until we bypassed local ER and went to Biloxi, where he received excellent care from a determined doctor and staff in the ICU. This gifted doctor is a veteran who truly cares for his sick brethren. He was outraged at what Dad had been through.

What I witnessed in that ICU over a few days was quite remarkable. This doctor is aggressive, action oriented and compassionate all at once. He gets stuff done, right here, right now and his compassion for the fellow veteran is contagious.

While Dad was being discharged I went to thank the Dr. The first thing I told him was the VA could really use a couple hundred of you. Here was his reply.

"Therein lies the problem. The VA is very much like the swamp in D.C. The doctors and management within have created a good 'ole boys club that can be very hard to penetrate. They get in and ride the gravy train to retirement without working very hard. It is very hard for one who is not connected to get in. My private practice got wiped clean with O'care. It happened all across the country. There are many of us who want in, but we like to work. What Mr. Trump is trying to do in draining the swamp desperately needs to happen within the VA".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570
At every level, Blacks are employed far beyond what their representation in the general population would indicate as normal.

For instance, the Dallas Oversight Committee has eight members....... six are Black.

At the large Ft Worth V A clinic, at least half of the staff are Black.

This is just an observation but in today’s climate, it is probably racist.

In my department at the VA, we have 48 employees and 2 are black. Maybe I should suggest to management we are behind on the quota.

Now we may be OK as we have one employee that is half Indian (country) and another who claims to be half Indian (native), but I think she's just Mexican.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The VA gives me health care,kinda.There are very few actual Doctors and many PAs that absolutely suck.VA care is almost better than nothing. The volunteers work harder than the employee`s.Vets would be better off with getting rid pf the VA and have their needs taken care of by Private Practices.JMHO,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
At every level, Blacks are employed far beyond what their representation in the general population would indicate as normal.

For instance, the Dallas Oversight Committee has eight members....... six are Black.

At the large Ft Worth V A clinic, at least half of the staff are Black.

This is just an observation but in today’s climate, it is probably racist.

Or, since a high portion of the all volunteer Services are black, just a representation of the client base, and nothing else.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I spent 29 years on active duty and I will never see the inside of a VA hospital.

by choice, or by statute?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was on USA Jobs a ways back to see if there was anything I might like. They listed an opening for an anesthesiologist at a local VA for a starting salary of $107K, you get what you pay for!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako76
I was on USA Jobs a ways back to see if there was anything I might like. They listed an opening for an anesthesiologist at a local VA for a starting salary of $107K, you get what you pay for!

40 hr a week, MD anesthesiologist? Or Nurse Anesthetist? wow! I would hold that diploma under a black light!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sako76

Pay is a huge problem. The hospital I work at has not had a permanent night hospitalist in more than 6 years. We have to hire questionable docs on short term contracts. Docs that probably can't work many places. Docs that have a license, and that's about it.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How can this be?! The VA administration was receiving millions in bonuses. Can't that money be used to actually help the vets?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Steelhead

by choice, or by statute?

Sycamore

Choice

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Same here, even though I rate it with a grater than 50% disability.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Dad had roids, for about 30 years, he tried and tried to get the VA to do something to help. They'd treat his eyesight, other problems, but would never schedule a simple roid operation. His last few years were basically spent within a very short distance of the nearest commode. He wouldn't leave his room or go anywhere, in case he had to "go".

He died two years ago. I mourn that, but more than that, I mourn that his last few years were spent in considerable discomfort and pain.

. I blame the VA for that.

I have never signed up for VA benefits, mostly because I've had good jobs/benefits since leaving the Army, and didn't need them, but I'm still pissed about Dad's treatment.

Couldn't take him anywhere else?

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
477 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.