Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
and america can import it's toyotas and caddilacs from china someday?

the whole thing is very strange, but that's the way the invisible hand has always been.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Is that random or is there more to the story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus is on the pipe again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we keep sending more wealth out than we receive, eventually, we will be producing those cars for the Chinese. We will be the third world people working for rice and beans.

History is full of amazing Empires that fall to nothing.
We have a wealthy class that will do anything for mone, and they have enough that they will always be safe.
We have a parasite class that sucks the middle class dry.

And NO ONE seems to care.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Car production ends in Australia with last General Motors model built
The last car has been built in Australia.
After 69 years, General Motors is ending manufacturing in the country, following similar moves made by Ford last year and Toyota just two weeks ago. High costs and low production volumes led them to shift car manufacturing to other countries in the region.
All told, GM's Holden brand built 7,687,675 cars over the years. The last two to roll off the production line near Adelaide on Friday being a Chevy El Camino-style Commodore Ute and a high performance Commodore SSV Redline V8 sedan. A version of the sedan was imported to the United States for several years, where it was sold as the Pontiac G8 and Chevrolet SS.
The Holden brand will live on in Australia with GM cars imported from other countries while also providing engineering services for General Motors. The Ute, a style of car unique to Australia that was also built by Ford under the Falcon nameplate, will be relegated to the history books, for now.
Gary Gastelu is FoxNews.com's Automotive Editor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
©2017 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
in light of lack of direction in the OP, i would like to steer this into a union bashing thread if we could please.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holden built some awesome performance cars.
Not super cars, just cool muscle cars.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
in light of lack of direction in the OP, i would like to steer this into a union bashing thread if we could please.

My dad was in the union for thirty years. When he gave notice he wanted to retire the union told him there was no money in their retirement fund for the union members. He worked for another thirty years before he retired. I used to pay my union dues by the quarter. One time I got a better job in another city. There were still two months to go and asked for a refund. The union boss told me I donated the other two months to the union. Yea. I dislike the union.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Amen! The G8 was my first introduction to an Australian automobile. Kickass sleeper of a street racer!

This is the one I wanted Ford to start importing here in the 3.2L TDI version; Ford Ranger UTE LINK

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 10/22/17.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have no problem bashing the union. I worked for 6 months under union and got raped every minute of it. Quit that job ASAP.

LOL
IC B3

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

forgive me please, but i thought i had at least hinted at a direction when i mentioned looking east toward china.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Pontiac GTO's are another Holden hotrod here in the states.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Actually everything started to go to sheet when they gave up their guns. Unions suck to.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Actually everything started to go to sheet when they gave up their guns. Unions suck to.

Oh shoot...does that mean I have to give up my firearms, guess someone forgot to tell me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only the cool ones. smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman

My dad was in the union for thirty years. When he gave notice he wanted to retire the union told him there was no money in their retirement fund for the union members. He worked for another thirty years before he retired. I used to pay my union dues by the quarter. One time I got a better job in another city. There were still two months to go and asked for a refund. The union boss told me I donated the other two months to the union. Yea. I dislike the union.

So 60 years of work for your Dad?
Had to be in his 80's when he retired.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Only the cool ones. smile

Well you have got me there, I do own some cool rifles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Amen! The G8 was my first introduction to an Australian automobile. Kickass sleeper of a street racer!

This is the one I wanted Ford to start importing here in the 3.2L TDI version; Ford Ranger UTE LINK

Ed

I think we are moving real slow in that direction Ed. Real slow.
You could buy a Chevy Cruz? maybe this year. That little car. Supposed to have a small diesel.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Interestingly enough though, there seems to be a lot of your AR platforms being advertised and sold here, not something that interests me but I have no problems with my neighbours owning them.
But I swear to God that I will throw a hissy fit if any of them turn up with one of those Marlin abortions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JSTUART, surely you are referring to the REMLINS not the JM Marlins?

and Gus, you really need to take your meds, these fragmented posts are perplexing. contrary to what you seem to think your thoughts are Not monitored by everyone else on the Urth.

Last edited by deerstalker; 10/22/17.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 14 invisible), 1,200 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,235
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.