Last year I put together my first AR using a WOA upper with20” varmint barrel. The goal then was long distance precision. Money was a bit tighter so I went with an Athlon Argos 6x24 MIL. I really enjoy the scope and am learning to be consistent out to about 450-500yds. While the rifle is a bit heavy i don’t feel it’s too heavy for a hunter to get into the woods a bit.

I’ve been rethinking scope needs along those lines. I’m no longer looking to shoot super tight groups at distance but want to be able to hit coyote size/turkey and larger targets for hunting and steel out to 600 yds. The new goal for the rifle is pushing me toward a different scope. I’m a little overwhelmed at all of the flavors available today. It’s a bit crazy. As I’ve been studying different scopes and looking at reviews I keep coming back to the Trijicon Accupower 1 - 8. I like the broken circle for close quick acquisition. I like the wide FOV with low power. I like the reputation for good illumination. Eye relief seems generous and I think that a little practice and I’ll be back on 12” inch steel at 500yds in no time.

Does anyone have experience with this scope and other comparables at a near price point? Are you satisfied with clarity and low light performance? Im the kind of person who likes to research buy and keep. I’m not one to trade around so I’ve adopted a buy once cry once approach for a new scope for this rifle. Looking forward to hearing what y’all have on this.

tnx

Last edited by IZH27; 10/22/17.