Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I really don't understand what everyone seems to think they are entitled in knowing,.

I've thought that from the get-go.
And it's funny that the Real Browneye wants to know what Greg succumbed to. I can remember talking to Greg on the phone and
hearing exactly what he thought of him. I guess that saying that he had a low opinion of him is being overly kind.
Greg helped my late father with paper patch loads for his Sharps 45-120. Then told him that a 45-100 or 110,whatever Greg's latest boom stick was at the time, was as good,
without the recoil. Was damned funny if you knew my Pop.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Enceladus
Glad to hear, Bigbuck thought he had.

"Funny how tolerant we are of those who agree with us --------- and how we attack those who we don't ---------like the member from Georgia.

just sayin'"

Must you be so f u c k i n g obvious?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RIP Partner, one of the few men on here that enjoyed being rapped on the forehead by in posts, made me chuckle through the key board.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This news has hit me hard. My relationship with cross started in a thread on this very site. If my memory serves me correctly, he called me out as a troll and I immediately offered to drive down and meet him. He agreed and to SV I went. What a great first visit. We talked dogs, tractors, milling, gardening, hunting, the border, etc...

I have some pretty good stories of my visits...one involving a restaurant, I'm still not sure I'm allowed back into.

I visited him enough to consider him a friend. I loved his dogs. They would regularly kill all sorts of invaders at his place. I will miss that old girls smile. Having just lost my dog, I would gladly take on Nip but I believe that has been taken care of.

I will miss his wit and intelligence combined into replies. Usually, so crafting worded that no one knew the better.

RIP Greg. I will miss our visits nd communications.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I can remember talking to Greg on the phone and
hearing exactly what he thought of him. I guess that saying that he had a low opinion of him is being overly kind.

Funny, because lots of people had the same opinion of the deceased.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Based on the responses here and my time on the 'Fire over the years I'd question "lots".

I'd guess I was insulted by Greg as much as anyone over the years, off and on.

I never did take it seriously but then I grew up with brothers and sisters. I have oft noticed over the years that only children are a WHOLE lot more thin-skinned than those that grew up in a rough and tumble household.

Maybe the same thing applies on the 'Fire.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Based on the responses here and my time on the 'Fire over the years I'd question "lots".

I never did take it seriously but then I grew up with brothers and sisters. I have oft noticed over the years that only children are a WHOLE lot more thin-skinned than those that grew up in a rough and tumble household.

Question all you want. Go back in this very thread and see how many times the word curmudgeon was used. All that is is a nice way of saying the guy was an azzhole.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Back in the days of my alliance with Greg vs that 1960 guy, we were quite friendly over PMs, discussing strategies for dealing with him. I assume that some folks here turned him against me at some time after that (I have my suspicions as to who). He hit me pretty hard suddenly, after the death of 1960, on the open forums, and out of respect for what had been our friendly alliance previous to that, I PMed him about it, rather than confronting him on the open forums. He immediately apologized, and said he wasn't serious. But then it continued, and that was that. But regardless, I don't wish the death of, or even bad things for, anyone here. Quite the contrary.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
RIP
He chewed my azz several times early on but we worked it out as time progressed.

FJB & FJT
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i always thought that 1960 guy was a pretty good dude. a deputy sheriff in tenn. if memory serves? retired military? not sure. he was from oregon or some other far off place. what was the catalyst that set those two old dudes off against each other? i recall that hunter 60 was always wanting to get a welfare check on the dude from AZ. maybe he had an intuitive sense that was missed by the rank & file?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
i always thought that 1960 guy was a pretty good dude. a deputy sheriff in tenn. if memory serves? retired military? not sure. he was from oregon or some other far off place. what was the catalyst that set those two old dudes off against each other? i recall that hunter 60 was always wanting to get a welfare check on the dude from AZ. maybe he had an intuitive sense that was missed by the rank & file?

Oh please. 1960 told me he was going to arrange for a SWAT raid of my home. Rick immediately confronted him on the open forums about it, and he backed down with such talk. That was the sort of thing he threatened for Greg also. 1960 was a loose cannon that should never have been issued a badge, and Greg was right to give him a hard time.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gus

Oh please. 1960 told me he was going to arrange for a SWAT raid of my home. Rick immediately confronted him on the open forums about it, and he backed down with such talk. That was the sort of thing he threatened for Greg also. 1960 was a loose cannon that should never have been issued a badge, and Greg was right to give him a hard time.

i don't seem to recall any of that high adventure. i do remember hunter & AZ (crossfireoops) dueling about cross needing a local courtesy check by the sheriff's dept for his own well-being & safety. but, just how often is a local courtesy check cost effective??

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus

i don't seem to recall any of that high adventure. i do remember hunter & AZ (crossfireoops) dueling about cross needing a local courtesy check by the sheriff's dept for his own well-being & safety. but, just how often is a local courtesy check cost effective??

No, Greg and I often discussed 1960 via PMs, and I got from him that 1960 was making serious threats to abuse his police access in such a way as to intentionally cause Greg trouble with local authorities.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sounds like two azzholes were trying to out azzhole each other.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No..in that scenario, there was only one [bleep]...... Hunter1960.

Now that you have showed up in what WAS a celebration of Greg’s life, we have one more [bleep] contributing.

TRH is on the money as far as recalling the interaction between Greg and the badge heavy thug.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I assume that some folks here turned him against me at some time after that (I have my suspicions as to who).

Dude,you really are a loon. Greg was his own man,he didn't need any help with knowing what you are. Turned him against you? You are really paranoid Chris.
I liked him. He was very good at something that most folks cant grasp. He could laugh at himself. He didn't
take as much seriously as alot of folks thought he did. His habit of stating a fact then following it up with...."what",
was typical.
His BPCR knowledge was vast. I wish I had some of the bullet lube he concocted. He also could be very descriptive.
He tried to tell me how to make my bone structure as as ridged as possible while holding my big assed Sharps. Adjusting
my windage by moving my feet. I just wish I could have shot with him.
I'm pretty sure he would be content with those who didn't like him. I know that there's a whole bunch of us that will miss him....What?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm pretty sure he would be content with those who didn't like him. I know that there's a whole bunch of us that will miss him....What?

Exactly. He knew who and what he was and there isn't any point in trying to sugarcoat it, just who he was.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I'm sure you heard the Cam Newton deal where he said it was cute that a female reporter asked him about pass routes. The reporter unwittingly validated Newton by stating she was "dismayed" by what he said thus reaffirming her chickness to the male world. She should have said 'suck my dlck' and the world would have given her a medal.

The fact that some here are...dismayed...over Greg's style speaks volumes.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
No,you are disrespectful and wanted to be heard. Does it cross your mind that maybe nobody wants to hear what you have to say?
Especially when it concerns a friend who has recently passed? Your best option is to back away silently.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No,you are disrespectful and wanted to be heard. Does it cross your mind that maybe nobody wants to hear what you have to say?
Especially when it concerns a friend who has recently passed? Your best option is to back away silently.

Does it cross your mind that I don't give a fugg what you or others want to hear? If you can't deal with your friend being an azzhole, that's your problem not mine.

Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,308
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.