Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by ryoushi
Filson double tin chaps for me. Where I hunt there is a ton of wild rose and blackberries, won't go with out the chaps now. I wear lightweight pants underneath to deal with them being warm.

As far as the smell is concerned, personally, I like it. But no, there isn't anything you can do about it, it's what waxed cotton smells like.

Filson Double Tins get my vote, too, for the same reasons.

Life Member: NRA, GOA, PF, QF
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the Filson chaps to save wear and tear on my pricey waders when moose hunting... I wear them a lot bird hunting.

I have some Columbia brush pants... double layer of cordura on the front, jeans elsewhere. They are great for normal brush, but no good on serious thorns.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep threatening to get a pair. Less for briars and brush than for keeping somewhat dry.

Whatever you do, don’t stop at the Filson store in Seattle. It moved up the block and is now a hipster boutique shop. If you mention hunting, some d bag with a $100 hair cut and wax in his mustache may start crying. It is seriously fugged.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Owned a pair for the last 13 years. Would not hunt without them. great for Warm weather. When is gets cooler I go with the single tin pants. I also use the Filson coat, bird vest, and suspenders, great stuff that get better with age.
The prices they are asking for this stuff retail today is outrages, check ebay for the good buys. Just got back from 2 days of pheasant hunting at Pelee Island Canada. Half of our group had all Filson gear. If you are a serious bird
hunter you got to check this stuff out! They have great customer service, a few years ago my buddy's young dog chewed the sleeve off my Filson hunting Coat, they replaced the whole sleeve for $50, they are a great company.
I want to keep my dollars in this country when I buy my hunting gear. However, for pheasant hunting Pelee Island is the real deal.

300 Savage

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SD you wear the chaps over your waders?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, BallisticBRYAN, 12 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,207
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.