Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I trust this one is a joke...

[Linked Image]

I know the BLM and FS don't advertise a lot of their rock art sites, to prevent vandalism. Same thing with some of the rare animals such as Midget Faded Rattlesnake dens. People either vandalize or remove them (yes, remove rock art by cutting slates out of the rocks) to sell or collect. The rare reptile market is bigger than many think, and the indian artifact black market is HUGE..

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lists like that are fine for other people. I've got three on the list and will probably never get more. Nor do I have any particular desire to do so. Elk, mulies and antelope suit me fine.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Black Bear

Coues Deer

Mule Deer

Whitetail Deer

Rocky Mountain Elk

Barren Ground Caribou

American Mountain Goat

Pronghorn Antelope

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I trust this one is a joke...

[Linked Image]

I know the BLM and FS don't advertise a lot of their rock art sites, to prevent vandalism. Same thing with some of the rare animals such as Midget Faded Rattlesnake dens. People either vandalize or remove them (yes, remove rock art by cutting slates out of the rocks) to sell or collect. The rare reptile market is bigger than many think, and the indian artifact black market is HUGE..

It's not a joke - they are all on the Custer National Forest in eastern MT. Another name there as well, "Jesse."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bocajnala

Ok, so the North American 29 list. What have you got? A few guys have gotten them all. That's incredibly difficult obviously. How about the Super Ten?
I've got whitetail, elk and that's it! I hunt black bear every year. I'm going for pronghorn next year. Would be cool to see how many some of ya'll have.

Here's the List

Bears

Alaska Brown Bear

Black Bear

Grizzly Bear

Polar Bear

Cats

Cougar

Deer

Columbia Blacktail Deer

Coues Deer

Mule Deer

Sitka Blacktail Deer

Whitetail Deer

Elk

Rocky Mountain Elk

Roosevelt Elk

Tule Elk

Caribou

Barren Ground Caribou

Central Canadian Barren Ground Caribou

Mountain Caribou

Quebec Labrador Caribou

Woodland Caribou

Moose

Alaska Yukon Moose

Canada Moose

Shiras Moose

Bison/Muskox

Bison

Muskox

Goat

American Mountain Goat

Antelope

Pronghorn Antelope

Sheep

California Bighorn Sheep

Dall Sheep

Desert Bighorn Sheep

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep

Stone Sheep

Auxiliary

Atlantic Walrus

Jaguar

Pacific Walrus

Your list is biased. Bagged a croc down in the Fl. Keys years ago. Screwed up my front end alignment something fierce. Nailed a few sharks with a spear gun too, nothing big actually, about 10-11' at most. Powerheads are for puzzies.

Lizard lives matter.
Doctors in the grey suit, not so much.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The whole list thing cracks me up, but if that is your thing, then good for you as we all have our perspective and I respect that (up to the point someone begins to be an azz hat). In my mind it does not represent how good of a woodsman, hunter, shooter, or outdoorsman you are nor does it truly represent your passion for being outdoors or sharing the experience with others. I'm reminded of this every time I happen to turn on a hunting show or read about some 'outdoor celebrity' who more than likely fits that azzhat category.

I've been fortunately to take a few different species, partially because I've gotten lucky with a few draws, and partially because I've been lucky enough to live in AK and the West.

Whitetail deer
Mule deer
Black bear
Brown bear
Barren ground caribou
Alaskan moose
Dall sheep
Desert Bighorn sheep
Rocky Mountain goat
Rocky Mountain Elk
Antelope

Oh, a couple more:
Bison
Sitka blacktail deer

Last edited by Akbob5; 12/15/17.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have been very fortunate to have successfully hunted 15 of the NA 29. Those include

Whitetail Deer
Coues Deer
Mule deer
Columbia Blacktail
Sitka Blacktail
Shiras Moose
Canada Moose
Mountain goat
Mountain lion
Woodland Caribou
Black Bear
Pronghorn
Bison
Rocky Mountain elk
Tule Elk

With a Roosevelt elk hunt booked in N Cali for 2019
And a AK/YK moose hunt booked in 2020

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 43 invisible), 2,709 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,513
Posts18,452,664
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.