-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No need to trade: Rossignol Soul 7's, Solomon Guardian 16 bindings, Scarpa boots and G3 skins. Wanted a setup that I could use at the resort or back country but haven't ventured in the back country yet. Was unemployed and uninsured for a season so not about to risk blowing a knee or worse. Need to get a beacon and take an avi class before I venture out. I love the setup, a little heavy for dedicated at gear but IMHO perfect dual purpose.

My daughter and youngest so both have AT setups, and yes I can practically skin up out of my backyard.

[Linked Image]

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
No need to trade: Rossignol Soul 7's, Solomon Guardian 16 bindings, Scarpa boots and G3 skins. Wanted a setup that I could use at the resort or back country but haven't ventured in the back country yet. Was unemployed and uninsured for a season so not about to risk blowing a knee or worse. Need to get a beacon and take an avi class before I venture out. I love the setup, a little heavy for dedicated at gear but IMHO perfect dual purpose.

My daughter and youngest so both have AT setups, and yes I can practically skin up out of my backyard.

[Linked Image]

Fphu king beautiful!

Last edited by fester; 10/29/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're not that far West from some beautiful country yourself. I learned to appreciate the outdoors from time spent in the Sierras and North Lake Tahoe.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
You're not that far West from some beautiful country yourself. I learned to appreciate the outdoors from time spent in the Sierras and North Lake Tahoe.

I live in beautiful country.😉

I've been to Fairbanks multiple times...... the ice carving display and moose are something to behold!
Tahoe, sierras are great. The rivers they feed are phenomenal.

But I enjoy Washington and Canada. World class, imho.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I'm getting my passport to make a trip to Tirol. It's a work trip but I want to slide
Down those alps. So I'm gonna do it.

Have you or anybody else been there?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Sierra's would be great if they weren't in California wink

That said I can't imagine a better spot in the world than where I live. I can pretty much see or do anything I enjoy at or within 30 minutes of home, ok gotta stretch it a tad past an hour to launch the boat.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

That said I can't imagine a better spot in the world than where I live. I can pretty much see or do anything I enjoy at or within 30 minutes of home, ok gotta stretch it a tad past an hour to launch the boat.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

😉

Beautiful pics Lott.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
At age 68 I have lost 60# over the last 1 1/2-2 yrs. just taking the dog for a 1 mile walk every day. I try to work in a 2-3 mi. walk once or twice a week. My blood sugar and blood pressure are fine, a1c readings have been right where the doctor wants them.

My doctor tells me this is all there is to it. I spend too much time on the road, in hotels. Can't wait til I retire Jan 2019 (Lord willing of course)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Same for me. Although the view may differ a tad.

I'm stuck in the valley. ..30 minutes or 2 hours to get
to the mountains or 2-3 to the coast.

I just caught a couple striper off the coast, from the beach, Dillion beach to be exact.
Kept a nice 5 pounder. Let a 10# go and lost a big one.

Fun times!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by gunswizard
At age 68 I have lost 60# over the last 1 1/2-2 yrs. just taking the dog for a 1 mile walk every day. I try to work in a 2-3 mi. walk once or twice a week. My blood sugar and blood pressure are fine, a1c readings have been right where the doctor wants them.

My doctor tells me this is all there is to it. I spend too much time on the road, in hotels. Can't wait til I retire Jan 2019 (Lord willing of course)

I work a mostly desk job 12 hour days 14 days straight. Gain weight and feel like crap when I get home. Just walking a few miles a day I feel great at the end of my 2 weeks off and loose all the weight.

IC B3

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
https://aasgaardco.com/store/books/the-barbell-prescription

Might consider looking into this if you feel creaky...

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Vive la Paradoxe Français !!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
458, What a great place to live, work sucks but it does pay for that nice gear you have. Equipment has really changed/improved in 10 years.

Vek, Starting Strength and its offshoots really works for me too.

Getting old isn't a journey it is a war.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
After five months into it I'm only up to 4.4 miles an hour, incline level set at "2", for thirty minutes at a time, somewhere between a fast shuffle and a jog. If/when I can do 30 minutes at 5 mph up a level 2 incline I'll start running out on the street and take it from there.

Running on a treadmill is harder on me so I save it for specific training issues. The vast majority of my running is outdoors. If you can go 30 minutes on a treadmill you're more than ready for the street. Just like you've been doing, stay patient.

Also, shoes last me maybe 250 miles. I've been wearing Brooks Adrenaline GTS for a number of years and their wear pattern for me has been losing side to side support without making much of a dent in the sole or tread - they start feeling squishy (technical term). One of the skills you acquire is feeling when shoes are going out, but in the meantime it sounds like you have enough time in that your shoes might be due.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
458, What a great place to live, work sucks but it does pay for that nice gear you have. Equipment has really changed/improved in 10 years.

mike r

I've never minded work, it's the sitting on my ass for extended periods of time that's getting to me.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I started riding my bicycle just a little bit over a year ago and I can attest to how well it works for getting back into shape. Thankfully I was never really out of shape, just needed to tone up and gain a bit more strength. Cycling is good for the core, legs, ect. and its easy on the joints. The only problem I've experienced is on longer rides of 60 or more miles, I have trouble with my right hand going numb and loosing strength in my thumb and forefinger. But other then that, its been a win win for me. I've also hit the free weights a lot in the past 2 years or so and thats been a big help also. And I do yoga once or twice a week to help keep me limbered up and loose. Its a lifestyle choice and I've chosen not to be overweight and out of shape.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
For those that have experience, are elliptical machines good?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My knees hurt when I run, so if I want cardio from a machine, it's either a bike or elliptical. My gym has a couple of ellipticals that fit my body well, with regards to stride. Cranking up the resistance for some intervals of higher intensity and lower intensity wears me out in short order and makes my heart pound. The bike pumps up my legs more and just makes me sweat, which isn't bad, but the elliptical seems like more full-body work is going on. It can be made rather tough.....

Now with even more aplomb
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Vek
https://aasgaardco.com/store/books/the-barbell-prescription

Might consider looking into this if you feel creaky...

Excellent book, I gave my Dad a copy for his birthday.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

I've never minded work, it's the sitting on my ass for extended periods of time that's getting to me.

Me too, amigo.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,822
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.