Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by valad
Say Jim in Idaho...you sure you not earning a commission hawking No 1's?

Sshhh!! You're not supposed to tell... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, they just shocked me. Placed my order on 11/3 and got an email within a few minutes verifying the order and saying that they would send me another email when the rifle is shipped.

So I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting, five days now and no email. I'm thinking geez, they must be saving a ton of money with nobody working in the shipping department.

Just got an email - "your order is ready to pick up".

Sneaky bastards... wink

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by valad
Well thanks to Jim in Idaho...my mind is running 100 MPH trying to decide if I want to buy one of these No 1 in 7-08. At least it is a lefty and other rightys can use i. I got a question though...I had had a No 1 B model and liked the egronomics a little better. The light sporter is a 22" barrel. I am thinking the 7-08 should have a longer barrel? On Cabela's page it lists 2 different versions of 7-08 and one is length 39.5 and the other one is 38.25. Is this just different LOP? Granted...the non-discriminatory lefty/righty makes the whole family shoot one rifle LOL. Anyway it is easy for me to order and go to my local Cabela's and pick up...

Nevermind...the different length from 39.5 and 38.25 is probably a misprint. If I was going to order one I would pick the 39.5"...still thinking...

Get off the fence dude. Order it.

laugh

Personally I like the 1A much better than the 1B. YMMV.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got back from picking mine up a little while ago. Wood is decent and has some character, nothing to write home about but given the wide range of wood quality on No. 1's these days I won't complain. This is due to go to RJ Renner to get his English Stalking Rifle makeover and Roger has a way of bringing out the best in the wood so I think this will look pretty nice when all is said and done.

My mama told me it is crass to talk about what you paid for stuff, but I'll make an exception here. I had a $10 off Cabela's card and with tax minus the ten bucks the total was $837.20. However, Cabela's also gives a 5% military/veteran discount. Since this was prepaid by credit card they couldn't take that discount at the counter but the fellow gave me a $40 gift card which is what 5% of the base price would have amounted to. So counting that the rifle was $797.20 out the door for a NIB Ruger #1 which ain't too shabby.

In other news, I chatted with one of the counter guys as they were checking my paperwork and he said that Cabela's is closing out the number 1's, that's why the great prices. I also asked about those 7mm-08's and the confusion over lengths and which one was which. He didn't know but he gave me the number of a lady to ask. I can't guarantee she can tell you which one is which but he said if anyone knows she would.

So if you're interested you can call Samantha at the Boise store, 208-672-8283, I imagine you could get hold of her during normal business hours.

In other other news of course the very first thing I did was put an XS sight on it, but when trying to get the factory front sight off I snapped that teeny little plunger dimple right off. You can depress it what you think is enough but wasn't, so then a light tap with a small mallet snaps the plunger dimple clean off. Part number D68 if that matters. Did I mention what a teeny, tiny, itsy bitsy little thing it is? From the grain structure at the break this is obviously not a hardened steel part.... Oh well, if it can be broken it can be fixed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
This is due to go to RJ Renner to get his English Stalking Rifle makeover and Roger has a way of bringing out the best in the wood so I think this will look pretty nice when all is said and done.

Nice, Jim! Make sure we see pictures when you get it back from RJ.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Was up to the Cabela's in Sun Prairie and browsed the gun library. They had a Number One in .303 British. Was tempted just because of the oddity.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Great rifles, hard to resist a good deal.

uno Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I ordered one of the 7mm08 on Sat the 11th, order confirmation said estimated Delivery of Nov 22, got email yesterday saying at Bowling Green store ready for pickup. Got it today, average wood , that English Stalking Rifle remake sounds interesting, does anyone have his contact info?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.