Hop To
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, drinking coffee while the camp.is still in bed. Last morning, kaywoodie hit the trail as did Edm already. It was a good time with old and now new friends.

Weather waz cold and worst windy most the time, we saluted Greg by gun and toast... I didn't proliferate about my remembrance of Greg as the group didn't need to be gathered and punished by the wind or my voice... Greg would have enjoyed our farewell.

One more breakfast and off we go.

Kent

GB1

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

bunch of OLD guys shooting at the wind .

presuming that was the SALUTE to GREG.

good on you guys wish i could have made it,,KRP how about an introduction from left to right for faces and names.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Looks like a good time. I was on the hook for a weeklong trip to The Workers Paradise of SoCal so no way of making this one - one of these years though. Looking forward to more pics and detail, especially of the salute to GC.

Looking at the salute pic, is everyone getting shorter, or just wider? grin

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Home safe. Great time. Just pulled in. More later!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Well them reprobates couldn't stand in a straight line so you can only see a few of us, wife took the picture.

Anyway starting with Kaywoodie in the red in one picture and getting cut out in the shoot picture... I think there will be better pictures coming... here's who was there, first those that can be seen.

Kaywoodie (Bob)
mark subert
45-100 (Mark)
VF154 (Doug)
Seafire (John)
Border doc (Jim)
CCCC (Paul)
dennisinaz
Owl (Jeff)
I'm way at the other end with the white hat and tan coat trying to get these fellows in line.
Jeff Page
DARBY (Joe)
nifty two fifty (Milo)
EdM
elkhunternm (Ken)
KC
RoadRunner65 (Joe)
Dave Price
A friend of Dave's and Doug I'm sorry I forgot his name
Ranger green (Tracy) attended with his lovely family but had to leave prior to the salute.

I said a few words about how this event started in 2011 with a trip to Greg's place after his mother passed from this core group. Wind was howling and words were short... Greg would have enjoyed it. Later we had a toast and farewell to our friend. Many remembrances were shared throughout the weekend.

It was a great time thanks again all who attended.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks Kent waiting for more pics.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Currently sitting in a hotel in beautiful Fort Stockton...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Some pics I took.

Friday evening...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Saturday....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Camp pic..
[Linked Image]

Kaywoodie shooting his flintlock .62 caliber.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
More pics...
[Linked Image]

The bromance continues.
[Linked Image]

Beauty and the beast,what I took up there.
[Linked Image]

Top is a Winchester M 101 12 gauge and the bottom is a Sako .222 Rem.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
Currently sitting in a hotel in beautiful Fort Stockton...

Been there, done that. And probably will again in a week.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You take the best photos and host the best event. Thank you so much for allowing me and my family to attend. I hope that my kids did not disturb anyone. Thanks for everyone treating my little City-girl wife so well as she was under the weather herself. Now that we made it home she agrees that there were no snakes.

Oh and that fried fish was delicious.

I can't express how great it is to meet you all in person. My kids said I talked too much and too fast but that is because of excitement and a sixteen hour drive the day prior. For anyone who hasn't been as fortunate to make one of these, I strongly urge you to meet some great characters of the Modern West.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Tracy, it was our pleasure to meet you and your family! I probably speak for many others in hoping you can attend another event.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tracy,
Thanks for coming so far to be there with us. It was a privilege to meet you and your family. I felt like I already knew you from the internet, and then it is even better to meet you in person. I hope we meet up again someday. And your girls were very nice. They certainly weren’t bothersome in any way. And the five dogs in attendance all approved of your girls, too.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm home, just gorged myself on elk burgers and Carne Asada. Everyone keeps asking me why my face is so sun/wind burned! It was nice to see everyone. Can't wait until August when we do it all again in NM.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Good morning Everyone.

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to all of those that were able to participate this year. It was a grand time. I certainly enjoyed renewing old friendships and meeting new friends too.
For those of you that were not able to attend this year, you were missed. We understand that life does get in the way sometimes, and look forward to see you at the next gathering.

A big thank you to all of those that had to travel very long distances, and to those that had to leave family home in order to do so.

And last, but certainly not least. A VERY thank you to KRP and Cheryl for the endless work that they did to keep us feed, and to those that assisted in cooking and cleaning to make the
time more enjoyable. It is truly a labor of love that you perform, and we want all of you know that it is very much appreciated.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
You take the best photos and host the best event. Thank you so much for allowing me and my family to attend. I hope that my kids did not disturb anyone. Thanks for everyone treating my little City-girl wife so well as she was under the weather herself. Now that we made it home she agrees that there were no snakes.

Oh and that fried fish was delicious.

I can't express how great it is to meet you all in person. My kids said I talked too much and too fast but that is because of excitement and a sixteen hour drive the day prior. For anyone who hasn't been as fortunate to make one of these, I strongly urge you to meet some great characters of the Modern West.

Tracy, enjoyed meeting you and your wonderful family. Our children are the people that are going to carry on in the future for us. Would love to see them at each gathering you attend. Thank you for traveling such a long distance.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Home safe. Great time. Just pulled in. More later!!!!!

Bob, I cannot express to you how wonderful it was to be able to see you again. Hope all is well.

Talk to you soon,

Gott segne dich, bis wir uns wiedersehen.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Here's a pic nifty250 took of some malo hombres this past week!

[Linked Image]

The food was awesome. Thanks to all who contributed. Especially Kent, Cheryl, Dennis, mrs. 45_100, Darby and whoever I missed! Darby's chili was first rate! KC whipped up some good cornbread in his new oven! Kent is a culinary wizard!! What great chow!
And thanks to those who headed up the shooting events! I didnt shoot much but I know the folls really enjoyed it!

Meeting and making new friends was great as usual! As Dennis stated , cant wait to do it all again in August!

Thanks again to al who made it possible!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I sent these photos to the Food Network suggesting "Cooking the Southwest with Kent". My Italian friend there Giada de Laurentiis said she would hook him up. He should be receiving a call soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.