Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
That's a lot of screwing for an optics thread.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So I stopped at my local Cabelas to take a look at the Burris in question....Found it and the sticker said $559,00...I talked to the gal at the counter and told her I was confused...She said that it was indeed on sale for $299.00 and on the 15th was going down to $249.00..

Seems the $299.00 sale is over,but as they are trying to close them out they just left the price at $299,but just didn't tell anybody..LOL Confusing...

Seemed very clear and bright to me and the size is just about right...

It has a weird reticle..The horizontal and top vertical are in half mills,while the bottom vertical is in BDC.. Not sure I like that...

I also wasn't enthralled with the turrets.. While they may be just fine,they did seem to me to be on par with cheaper scopes...After researching,I haven't been able to find any negative reviews on tracking though..

Still thinking...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So I went down and picked me up the Burris this morning..I was first into the store cause I wasn't sure how many they had in stock..

It is starting to grow on me and I am liking it more all the time...Looks pretty slick without huge emblems and white letters...Everything on it is low keyed..

Put it on my 260 Ackley where it will get a workout..

[Linked Image]

As soon as it quits raining I am off to do a tracking test...I think for the price I did GOOD>> wink

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yep...I picked one up too....a burris m-tac and a viper hslr.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by jt402
FYI, a while back, I went to Cabelas for a scope. They had the 4200 Elites on sale for about $165 on line and something over $300 in the store. I asked the clerk if they price matched. He said yes, and wanted to know who had them cheaper than Cabelas. I told him, Cabelas on line. They got the store manager in on that one, and I ended up with the scope for just under $150 with tax. Never expected that to fly, but it did.

Jack

I've done the same thing with optics as well as other items, but each time the store employees had no idea at all about the net sale going on at that time.

IC B2

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Waiting for the 19th to grab a Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42mm...with points, free shipping and military discount it'll set me back less than $300.00. I like that.
Bob

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
$499 for the zeiss hd-5 2-10 today. Does anyone know if zeiss or Kenton will still retrofit a target turret on these?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys that can just walk or drive over to a Cabela's are killin' me. 2 BassPro's here. NO Cabela's.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
You guys that can just walk or drive over to a Cabela's are killin' me. 2 BassPro's here. NO Cabela's.

Got my Zeiss HD5 on-line. Set up an account and you're good to go. My account automatically factors in military discount and current sales.
Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I also got the HD5 today, seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I really like the Burris C4 and E1 scopes a lot

They seem to be tough and a very good value

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone know the total tube length on these? Checked a couple websites but can't find it. I need about 6" of tube to mount to the rifle I'm thinking mounting it to.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I don't want them to put one in my state, they'll start adding sales tax if they do and everything automatically goes up 7%.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you have a BassPro in your state, they're already adding sales tax now.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

It looks like you're right, I guess I haven't ordered anything from them since they got in bed with Bass Pro. I just went to their website and started an order just to see if they tried to add tax and it did. The last time I ordered from them was a scope back in February from my order history and no tax was charged then.

Well that sucks. Scratch Cabelas off the ordering list for most things now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

It looks like you're right, I guess I haven't ordered anything from them since they got in bed with Bass Pro. I just went to their website and started an order just to see if they tried to add tax and it did. The last time I ordered from them was a scope back in February from my order history and no tax was charged then.

Well that sucks. Scratch Cabelas off the ordering list for most things now.

Crow, I hear ya. It's a pisser. Espectially since we don't have any Cabela's here. I've had 6 orders from Cabela's this year so far, starting in June. Last before that was 2015.

June 2017 - no tax
Sept 2017 - no tax (3 different orders)
Oct 2017 - no tax

Last 2 orders on Nov 20, 2017 were taxed.

Brave new world.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,668
Posts18,455,952
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.