Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okie john
Originally Posted by P_Weed
My English teacher taught me everything I no.

"Me fail English? That's unpossible!" --Bart Simpson

Okie John

It was actually Ralph Wiggum who said that Okie

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Remember your English teacher?

Yes. My English teachers took a personal interest in me. I had an aptitude for spelling and it progressed through each grade level. Each English teacher taught me well. That's why I give you guys such a hard time for spelling errors. I actually won the Interscholastic Spelling Bee in 6th grade. My grammar is not the greatest but I do my best. It does not hurt anyone to be ever learning. I speak both English & Texan.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Freshman English in college was used to weed out the students who had no business being in college. Some teachers were exceptional at doing the weeding. I had one, a young woman, who stood in front of us the 1st day and said that no one would get an A. She didn't give A's because no one was up to her standards. It didn't matter how exceptional you were, you couldn't get an A. A good friend of mine was in the class with me. We'd gone to school together since elementary and he was one of the brilliant ones. Last I heard of him, he was doing medical research at Johns Hopkins. Anyway, when we graduated from college, that was his 1 and only undergraduate B. The stupid bitch stole his valedictorian award.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I could never forget my english teacher.Growing up in rural Kentucky small school.Get this.....it was my Mom!!!! She taught all 4 of us kids.Loved my Mom but it was rough having her as a teacher freshman,sophmore and junior years.My older brother was valedictorian and the only B he ever received was from my mom.Till she passed they still went back and forth about it.She was a tough but fair teacher who loved her students.after she passed we found a box of newspaper clipping that didn't mean much to us but everytime a former student was in the paper she would save the clippings.She was a teacher for all the right reasons and when she passed it was amazing all her old students who came to her funeral.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Freshman English in college was used to weed out the students who had no business being in college. Some teachers were exceptional at doing the weeding. I had one, a young woman, who stood in front of us the 1st day and said that no one would get an A. She didn't give A's because no one was up to her standards. It didn't matter how exceptional you were, you couldn't get an A. A good friend of mine was in the class with me. We'd gone to school together since elementary and he was one of the brilliant ones. Last I heard of him, he was doing medical research at Johns Hopkins. Anyway, when we graduated from college, that was his 1 and only undergraduate B. The stupid bitch stole his valedictorian award.

I was a tough grader, but that attitude is BS. An A grade was hard to come by (it's supposed to be) but not impossible.

A weed out course for the College of Engineering was calculus based General Physics, courtesy of the College of Sciences. There were more engineering majors in one section of that class than there were physics majors in the entire school. The physics profs had no problem working on that imbalance.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Remember your English teacher?

Yes. My English teechers took a personal interest in me. I had an aptiturd for speeling and it progressed through each grade level. Each English teacher taught me weel. That's why I give you guys such a hard time for speeling errors. I actually won the Interscholastic Speeling Bea in 6th grade. My grammer is not the greatest but I do my beest. It does not hurt anyone to be eveer learning. I speak both English & Teexan.

???

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

While I condemn the fact that she would not give an A, she (or possibly someone else) did at least teach you that a person graduates FROM an educational institution.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I talk to three of mine quite often from high school. In fact just last week spoke to one of them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 67 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.