Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
TDN Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I know there has a bit of chatter over the past few months about PT&G deliveries, shipping, charges etc.
I have used them a number of times in the past and had moderate to good experiences... but just ordered a M70 bottom metal unit a few days ago and it was charged, shipped, tracked, and delivered as promised in a timely (3 day) fashion.
Unit was in good shape, well packed and even had the hinge and release pins already installed (hadn't always been this way)

Chalk up a happy customer and hoping that the logistical issues are a thing of the past for a company that makes a good product... and for those of us fans of lightweight M70s... nearly the only (affordable) game in town! grin

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I agree to a point, bought bottom metal and had to wait 6 weeks, no problem. Bottom metal shows up without a hinge pin.... Tried to get a reamer made and they managed to lose the dummy cartridge case I sent, as well as the instructions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TDN
I know there has a bit of chatter over the past few months about PT&G deliveries, shipping, charges etc.
I have used them a number of times in the past and had moderate to good experiences... but just ordered a M70 bottom metal unit a few days ago and it was charged, shipped, tracked, and delivered as promised in a timely (3 day) fashion.
Unit was in good shape, well packed and even had the hinge and release pins already installed (hadn't always been this way)

Chalk up a happy customer and hoping that the logistical issues are a thing of the past for a company that makes a good product... and for those of us fans of lightweight M70s... nearly the only (affordable) game in town! grin

For the 4the time in two years they sent me LA Aluminum (Silver finish) bottom metal with the front action screw recess drilled too deeply, causing the screw to bind the bolt.

PT&G QC sucks. Their customer service sucks. Their communication sucks. Their product is ok until it's not, not to mention charging one's CC and not shipping for 7 months... then sending a faulty product.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
TDN Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by TDN

For the 4the time in two years they sent me LA Aluminum (Silver finish) bottom metal with the front action screw recess drilled too deeply, causing the screw to bind the bolt.

PT&G QC sucks. Their customer service sucks. Their communication sucks. Their product is ok until it's not, not to mention charging one's CC and not shipping for 7 months... then sending a faulty product.

Certainly not trying to dismiss the very real experiences of poor business practices.
My only intention was reporting my experience in hopes that it might be signaling a shift in their company. We can only hope...

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will let you boys who like them continue to verify or not. I don't need more reinforcement. They are NOT going to be a supplier I depend on.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If one desires an aluminum m70 bottom metal, who else are folks getting them from? Stocky's? I may be wrong but I thought that they got theirs from pt & g...

TDN Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Aside from Stockys (which I believe is PT&G, whether in stock or sub-contracted I am not sure) ... Echols and Sunny Hill are the other options; at roughly $650 and $450 respectively if I recall some previous conversations.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by TDN

God forbid cutting a action screw. Life is difficult ain’t it brad. LOL. DAVE is a great guy I have never had one single problem. But I don’t hide pictures of killing to impress the left like you either.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
I will let you boys who like them continue to verify or not. I don't need more reinforcement. They are NOT going to be a supplier I depend on.

Amen to that!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TDN

Certainly not trying to dismiss the very real experiences of poor business practices.
My only intention was reporting my experience in hopes that it might be signaling a shift in their company. We can only hope...

The fourth faulty piece was last month. The first three were a back and forth that drug out over 9 months two years ago. I ordered one recently thinking, after the last go around, certainly they'd got the problem fixed. Nope.

I hope I never need to order anything from them again.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TDN

Yep

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had used a PTG on my last build and was less than satisfied. The spring in the release needed to be changed out to a heavier one. They also sent the wrong unit initially and took well over 2 months to get the correct part in my hands.

Been mulling options on a M70 guard for a few months and think I'm going to try the Sunny Hill aluminum.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GuideGun
I'm going to try the Sunny Hill aluminum.

Be prepared for the $300+ price tag.. hence, PT&G.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Not aluminum, but I've been happy with the 5 williams firearms pre 64 , 1 pcs BM I've gotten.
With today's machinery ,I don't understand why a customer should have to put up with a product not made properly and then taking months to replace/ fix the issue?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GuideGun
I'm going to try the Sunny Hill aluminum.

Be prepared for the $300+ price tag.. hence, PT&G.

$460 to be precise.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
So we decided PTG is ok and brads a [bleep] lol. We already knew that. Ps Andy at sunny hill is good as they come as well.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’ve had good luck with ordering bottom metal from PTG, but I waited 6 months for one reamer and 5 months on another reamer from them.
Ronnie

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had more good luck than bad. They did show some oberndorf BM in stock, so I ordered 2. Turns out they charged my card immediately and they were not in stock. I waited about a month for the order to be filled.

Other than that......I always got what I ordered and orders were filled promptly. That includes a lot of DBM metal and fluted pins/aluminum shrouds and aluminum ADL T/G's.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My friend and I have ordered 18 reamers from PT & G. I also had three reground for a different chamber. (regrinds can be a low as $25) While some of them took a long time to arrive they never made a mistake. I would order another without any qualms.

Last edited by Azshooter; 11/18/17.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
All business experience growing pains. Dave Kiff expanded his business rapidly as many of you know. Dave is a great guy, I have received 5 reamers from him last year without problems, new employees that have experience are difficult to find. I get them to send me a reamer print, I make changes, send it back, they confirm...this eliminates mistakes...wait time can be an issue.

Problems I see above and on other sites make me wonder if there is a generation of young people that just do not give a dam or is there major clusterforcation going on there with little training and follow up( Expect/Inspect).

I know that my shooting career has been greatly enhanced over the years by Dave Kiff's input on my reamer designs.

ON another note, JGS has proven to be outstanding in customer service on reamer quality and delivery, they cost a tad more. Dave Manson is another example of a fantastic guy to work with on reamer design and delivery...very high quality service with quality product. Dave Manson WILL grind the ends of the reamers to fit JGS and PTG reamer bushings it that has been holding you back on ordering a reamer from him. If you have not tried JGS and Dave Manson, you should treat yourself to some really fine customer service with world class products.

It is heart breaking to deal with a company that does not deliver what it has promised, follow up after the sale on mistakes is dismal, with long wait times. There is an old saying that you will see come true in this case, "A good name is better than Gold and Silver".

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The only thing PTG is fast at is charging your CC. The last bottom metal I bought from them said it was in stock online. So I gave them a call to make sure the guy on the phone said I will go in back and check. Comes back on and says I have one in my hand and it will ship asap. 6 months later and a few calls it arrived. What a joke. Never have had any luck with company.
Tim I think you got real lucky on this one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone order a bolt recently?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Yes and said bolt has two dead deer In two days.
Pop quiz
If action screws are to long what do you need to do??

A. Ask brad to help you bitch like a woman.
B. Throw them away and buy new ones.
C. Cut them to fit.
D. Rub you puzzy softly and try not to cry.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How long did it take for delivery?

TDN Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Less than a week from order to door

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well that is encouraging.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I ordered 2 sets of bottom metal on Fri. and they were delivered Mon.
Excellent service.
Pavementends

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
170 members (444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 23 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.