Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I can't wait for all of the "New" and "Cool" to wear off the Creedmoors and to see them hit the used racks.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just a guess, but I'm guessing the accurate ones won't hit first....

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Owned and shot most of popular guns and calibers over almost 60 yrs of hunting. Have only a 6.5 CM and a 308 now and either will take the deer, bear, elk or moose I decide to take. Both shoot my handloads to less than 1/2" and both help make a great day of hunting. Based on all I see they will both be around longer than I will and the 6.5 will only gain in rank as long as the guns and the ammo keep pace. Mac

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
I can't wait for all of the "New" and "Cool" to wear off the Creedmoors and to see them hit the used racks.

I don't see that happening soon, so don't hold your breath.
They are probably behind only the .308, 30-06, and .223 in the number of current Factory loads available in such a wide variety.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/13/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I don't see that happening soon, so don't hold your breath.
They are probably behind only the .308, 30-06, and .223 in the number of current Factory loads available in such a wide variety.

In the next couple of years, after all the innerweb, tacticool super snipers find they can't instantly shoot 1000 yards, they'll sell them. I see these niche buyers aplenty and their comments and claims are simply amazing.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Funny and sad all at the same time. "New" yeah sure, a cartridge that melds everything into a perfect package from the factory, what a fad!

I'm constantly amazed reading this forum. All the great knowledge is here,yet when something comes along that meets nearly every requirement, it's just a fad.. you dip sticks

Last edited by rosco1; 11/13/17.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I could see myself buying another Creed. One shooting 147s for longer range alpine shooting, and one shooting a more stout 140 for close range timber hunting.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rosco1

Funny and sad all at the same time. "New" yeah sure, a cartridge that melds everything into a perfect package from the factory, what a fad!

I'm constantly amazed reading this forum. All the great knowledge is here,yet when something comes along that meets nearly every requirement, it's just a fad.. you dip sticks

It's only happened with about every cartridge ever made, why do you think the 6.5 Creedmoor will be any different?

People buy new guns, figure out they need the next new toy to come down the pike, and sell the previous toy. Soon it will be the 6mm Creedmoor or 22 Creedmoor or whatever. The 6.5 Creedmoor might check a lot of boxes, but it's still a fad - some folks will keep their rifles because they are good guns. Others will follow the next trend and put their guns up for sale, to chase the next perfect cartridge. It's human nature.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Ya know, THAT is an interesting point to bring up..

Some folks have been calling the 6.5 Creedmoor a fad.. Well its not much of a "fad" if the catridge and rifles chambered in it perform so well they don't get traded off. I sure haven't seen the used gun market floofed with them.

Folks seem to hang onto their 6.5 Creeds. Bodes well for it's future.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by rosco1

It's only happened with about every cartridge ever made, why do you think the 6.5 Creedmoor will be any different?

People buy new guns, figure out they need the next new toy to come down the pike, and sell the previous toy. Soon it will be the 6mm Creedmoor or 22 Creedmoor or whatever. The 6.5 Creedmoor might check a lot of boxes, but it's still a fad - some folks will keep their rifles because they are good guns. Others will follow the next trend and put their guns up for sale, to chase the next perfect cartridge. It's human nature.

PG, I know you see a lot of cartridges and game killed a year. Honestly I'd think a guy like you would be a fan of the creedmoor, but I guess old wives tales die hard, even to those "in the know"... whatever man, load development is done at the factory level, and guns are set up at the get go for "custom performance ".

What a turd. Probably never catch on

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Haha, whatever man. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor and like the round.

Just because a round is good doesn't mean a bunch of the rifles it's chambered in won't be up for sale once the new wears off. It's what rifle loonies do.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Your point being "it's happened with every other cartridge introduced "

Well, no it [bleep] hasn't, not even close. Most every other cartridge is catered to Window lickers without the first clue.. the creedmoor is a mild cartridge that simply put, outperforms what the manufacturers claims.. i.e, a breath of fresh air in an arena full of BS.. some folks should really know better.

Just sayin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Regarding the OP, survival probably is not an issue. Even mediocre and unimpressive cartridges continue in use because someone owns and uses them - hard to remember when I last saw a modern hunting rifle melted down as scrap. A better question might focus upon whether or not the cartridge will stand the test of performance and market value over a long time span, and become a true classic among riflemen. Some cartridges developed as much as 100 years ago are still highly regarded and sought. Some more recent innovations seem to make the big splash and then become ripples. Issues of true quality have a way of sorting themselves out among knowledgeable folks. With faddists, not so much.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This thread cracks me up.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I believe it will last until Christmas

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will cease being popular when the 6.8 Creedmoor is introduced.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking that my 6.5 Creed would never survive
Then I spent so many nights feeling sorry for my 6BR
And I grew strong and I learned.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokinggun

You guys are killing me..... grin

Now with even more aplomb
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
was the same prediction with the 204 ruger and 17 hmr. considering the number of manufacturers building rifles and selection of factory ammo it may be here to stay.The accuracy , effectiveness and low recoil make it a keeper for many of us.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by smokinggun

Lol

Last edited by OdT; 11/14/17.
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 13 invisible), 1,326 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.