Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

the term transracial started to become more widely known after the much-publicized story of Rachel Dolezal. Dolezal, born white, identified as black and portrayed herself as such. She was even the president of the Spokane, Wash., chapter of the NAACP.

Now, Facebook groups dubbed transracial are popping up with dozens of members.

No doubt their motto is "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"

Tampa-based psychologist Stacey Schreckner said she had not encountered a client wanting to change their race. She has, however, worked with clients who otherwise desired different physical features.

“If someone feels that they feel at home with a certain religion, a certain race, a certain culture, I think that, if that’s who they really feel inside, life is about finding out who you are," she said. "The more knowledge you have of yourself, the happier you can be"

She continued: “And, as long as it’s not hurting yourself or anyone else, I don’t see a problem with that.”

'Transracial' man, born white, says he feels Filipino

USA Today NetworkGarin Flowers, WTSP-TV, Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla.
Published 11:33 a.m. ET Nov. 13, 2017 | Updated 2:30 p.m. ET Nov. 13, 2017

TAMPA, Fla. — Ja Du, born a white male named Adam, now considers himself a Filipino.

He even drives what he calls a Tuk Tuk, an Asian-derived vehicle used for public transit in the Philippines.

Ja Du is part of a small but growing number of people who call themselves transracial. The term once referred only to someone (or a couple) of a one race adopting a child of another, but now it’s becoming associated with someone born of one race who identifies with another.

Ja Du says he grew up enjoying Filipino food, events and the overall culture.

“Whenever I’m around the music, around the food, I feel like I’m in my own skin,” he said.

“I’d watch the History Channel, sometimes for hours ... nothing else intrigued me more but things about Filipino culture.”

the term transracial started to become more widely known after the much-publicized story of Rachel Dolezal. Dolezal, born white, identified as black and portrayed herself as such. She was even the president of the Spokane, Wash., chapter of the NAACP.

Now, Facebook groups dubbed transracial are popping up with dozens of members.

A psychologist weighs in

Tampa-based psychologist Stacey Schreckner said she had not encountered a client wanting to change their race. She has, however, worked with clients who otherwise desired different physical features.

“If someone feels that they feel at home with a certain religion, a certain race, a certain culture, I think that, if that’s who they really feel inside, life is about finding out who you are," she said. "The more knowledge you have of yourself, the happier you can be"

She continued: “And, as long as it’s not hurting yourself or anyone else, I don’t see a problem with that.”

Ja Du hasn’t told his family yet because he believes they will laugh at the notion of changing your ethnicity. And while Dolezal received much criticism, Scheckner believes everyone should be more understanding.

“If that’s who they are and they want to celebrate it and enjoy it, then you have to think: What harm is it doing? All they want to do is throw themselves into that culture and celebrate it," she said.

“I think before we get offended, we need to take a step back and think about what is the harm.”

But, with someone making such drastic changes, Scheckner does think they should speak to a professional.

“I work with a lot, in my 15 years, a lot of transgender people" she said. "Before the doctors that I send them to do any type of physical changes to their body, they go through a long process with me and actually most the people, they are not upset about it because they want to make sure that they’re doing the right thing.”

That brings up another major change with Ja Du. He is also transsexual and is considering changing his gender as well. He has spoken to his mom and family about that.

Ja Du knows some may question intentions or accuse him of cultural appropriation. This can be a problem, he said, but says he’s not trying to take advantage of anything.

"I don’t want that," he said. "I think that we all have the freedoms to pursue happiness in our own ways."

From USA TODAY

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, I'm an Indian outlaw, half Cherokee and Choctaw. My baby she's a Chippewa, she's one of a kind. All my friends call me Bear Claw, the Village Cheaftin' is my paw-paw. He gets his orders from my maw-maw, she makes him walk the line.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think he should move to the Philippines, see just how warm and caring poor and starving people are.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I feel Martian. Or perhaps Andorian. I think they will do a story about me, won't they?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the day, we called them wiggers.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"He gets his orders from my maw-maw"

Hey Dave, aint they from Kenya??

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ah, identity politics is raising it's head all over the place.

once knew a guy that married a young indonesian. that's close, ain't it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it's a liberal thing. When reality does not meet their agenda or world view, they just create a new reality out of whole cloth. Evidently it's real to them.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That psyc should have brought in somebody fluent in Filipino language to speak to him. Then told him once you can write speak and read Filipino come back and let’s talk about this. At that point you will have some skin in the game.

What’s next trans doctors? Trans pilots? Trans cops? Trans teachers ( that we already have I’m afraid)

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The tree of liberty is in need of fertilizer. I can help.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

What was the name of that movie, Soylent Green or something like that?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Does he eat baloot??? You can't be be a Flipp if you don't love baloot....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I don't know what you lot are up in arms about as this is nothing new, every no-hope lunatic from every third world [bleep] has in the past twenty years or so decided that they 'feel' American and your Government has been welcoming them home with open arms.

And thank you for that, it seems to have caught on here as well.

Really...thanks. frown

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

What was the name of that movie, Soylent Green or something like that?
In Water World, they were composting the deceased to grow veggies.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

I took a little "liberty" with the quote, but suggest that idiot blood works as well.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Well, I'm an Indian outlaw, half Cherokee and Choctaw. My baby she's a Chippewa, she's one of a kind. All my friends call me Bear Claw, the Village Cheaftin' is my paw-paw. He gets his orders from my maw-maw, she makes him walk the line.

Winner winner chickenbuck dinner....😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I feel like im an American Indian. Can i hunt those tribal lands in Co now?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I feel like im an American Indian. Can i hunt those tribal lands in Co now?

Probably better off going for one legged coloured mentally deficient lesbian mother of three.

More benefits.

And it would put you squarely in the middle of democrat territory so you could also claim victimhood and moral superiority.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, man, I get it. About once a week we feel like Mexican. So we go to Chipotle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I encourage this because nothing will [bleep] up affirmative action more than "transracial" white people claiming to be black to get into Harvard and get jobs at the post office.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.