Campfire Tracker
K

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Thank you for your time and effort! I was surprised at the results! Good work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gee, it seems like I've seen that before. wink

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
K
keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
It has been around, nighthawk.

The results stand repeating, many have not seen it.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
WOW, that is a super test. Thank you very much.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only something remotely resembling a scientific method had been used it might even be worthwhile...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
If only something remotely resembling a scientific method had been used it might even be worthwhile...

Oh come on! It is a useful shootout.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, not really. Ferinstance RIG always gets high marks for rust protection. It's an old industrial rust preventive. Not so good in this test which leads to unanswered questions like how it was applied. So I'd say interesting as a starting point but not definitive.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Oh come on! It is a useful shootout.

From memory:

Nothing was done to prep all test pieces to assure they all started from the same place...

A bare metals test is no indication of how the same metal blued would fare...

Setting them on the wet background could lead to random electrolysis...

I could go on. You know he posted it here first, right?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I remember Phill S recommending Crossion X for blued gun rust protection. I also remember seeing this test quite a bit later and being glad it reinforced the thought. When my bottle gets used up One Shot is going to get a test run. Going to be a while at this rate.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW, I have been using One-Shot for about as long as it has been on the market, and have never had any problems with either wear or corrosion. The former is impressive because I live in a very dusty environment; the latter less so because it is also a very dry environment. However, it has worked very well protecting firearms belonging to my daughter and grandchildren (who live on the coastal plain of south Texas in a very warm, very humid environment).

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Bob_B257
I remember Phill S recommending Crossion X for blued gun rust protection.

Seems like this is a second series to cover some newer products. In a previous test Corrosion X and Essox came in on top. Both have worked well for me but when I run out it will be Frog Lube or one shot. I wonder which of these are best in leaving in the bore and if they can be left in the bore without throwing off the first shot?

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just remember that many of the rust preventatives have temperature limits that can cause slow, or non-existent, firing pin fall.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (Akhutr, 10Glocks, batch, BB3, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,226
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.