Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/17/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Many/most denominations in the USA (and especially Europe) are no longer Christian. They are apostate.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I feel sorry for her/it but somehow I wonder what the Bible has to do with modern Christianity anyway.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rphguy
Many/most denominations in the USA (and especially Europe) are no longer Christian. They are apostate.

I'd use another "A-word"......abomination....for a church that has a tranny as a minister. God help us.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by rphguy

I'd use another "A-word"......abomination....for a church that has a tranny as a minister. God help us.

both are appropriate.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing "Christian" about that council, it seems.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No change in trajectory

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Freaks want everyone else to be freaks, that way they appear normal.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy

My thinking is that in their minds, they believe that you should love everybody and accept them the way they are. Okay, I wouldn't have much of a problem with that EXCEPT......I happen to believe in the words that are written in the Bible, that same book that the council also embraces, and in the Bible it is written very plainly.......homosexuality is wrong and so is the switching of the sexes. So, how can claim to follow the Bible, yet ignore what is written in here? In my mind, you can't.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr

My thinking is that in their minds, they believe that you should love everybody and accept them the way they are. Okay, I wouldn't have much of a problem with that EXCEPT......I happen to believe in the words that are written in the Bible, that same book that the council also embraces, and in the Bible it is written very plainly.......homosexuality is wrong and so is the switching of the sexes. So, how can claim to follow the Bible, yet ignore what is written in here? In my mind, you can't.

James,

Help me out here a bit. Where is homosexuality addressed in the NEW Testament?
As for the Switching of genders, where that address at all in the Bible?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

James,

homosexuality:
Rom 1:26-27 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.
Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Cor 6:9-10 9 ¶ Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Tim 1: 9-109 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

cross dressing
De 22:5 A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

James,

homosexuality:
Rom 1:26-27 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.
Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Cor 6:9-10 9 ¶ Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Tim 1: 9-109 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

cross dressing
De 22:5 A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Interesting how the greedy,sexually immoral,thieves,drunkards,swindlers,and even slanderers are in that same list,yet is is most often used against the homosexuals. Anybody here ever been greedy,a drunkard,or sexually immoral? Reckon any of us Christians will ever be any of those things again?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

James,

homosexuality:

cross dressing

Thanks RC. That pretty well covers it from the Biblical perspective.

All three NT verses you quote are from what a consensus of scholars accept as genuine Pauline Epistles.

And if God doesn't want you to wear the cloths of the other sex, it's only reasonable to think that would extend to body parts as well.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't think homosexuals should be a church leader just like I wouldn't want a Christian who might occasionally get drunk as a leader, I;m not sure however that one sin is worse than the other as long as they both want to be free,and I don't think the church needs to turn their backs on them.

I do not however agree with all the world council of churches BS.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

James,

homosexuality:

cross dressing

Thanks RC. That pretty well covers it from the Biblical perspective.

All three NT verses you quote are from what a consensus of scholars accept as genuine Pauline Epistles.

And if God doesn't want you to wear the cloths of the other sex, it's only reasonable to think that would extend to body parts as well.

No need to take it to the extent of legalism though to mean that women can't even wear jeans. It just means women shouldn't dress in a way trying to be men or men trying to be women.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
No need to take it to the extent of legalism though to mean that women can't even wear jeans. It just means women shouldn't dress in a way trying to be men or men trying to be women.

Agreed.

I think we can also agree that surgery to try to be what one isn't would be a natural extension of the above passage.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I don't think homosexuals should be a church leader just like I wouldn't want a Christian who might occasionally get drunk as a leader, I;m not sure however that one sin is worse than the other as long as they both want to be free,and I don't think the church needs to turn their backs on them.

I do not however agree with all the world council of churches BS.

RH,

I'm not sure occasionally getting drunk make a person a drunkard. I consider that label for those who are continuously drunk, the to point it negatively affect the lives of themselves and others. Kink of like your example of a woman wearing jeans, or Hope wearing the Tux in China.

However, an practicing alcoholic may not be the best church leader.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think there's some indication that sexual sins are worse than others. This passage put special emphasis on them.

1 Cor 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body.

Sexual sin is against the Holy Spirit and you don't mess with the Spirit.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

James,

For one, Jesus said, I am not come to destroy the old law, but to fulfill it.

Then, I am the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

As He told the cripple at the bath of healing after healing him, He said for him to take up his mat, leave and sin no more that he might be punished more severely.

You, AS, can only stick your finger in His eye as long as He allows it. Paul did it a while. You arent Paul. You arent a big enough problem for Him to talk to, other than the Bible of instruction He wrote for you.

Over and over you come on these playing devils advocate. Over and over you keep getting your ass handed to you by the Word of God which is written. What amount of stupidity would it take for an intelligent person to not finally be able to get a clue

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

James,

For one, Jesus said, I am not come to destroy the old law, but to fulfill it.

Then, I am the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

As He told the cripple at the bath of healing after healing him, He said for him to take up his mat, leave and sin no more that he might be punished more severely.

You, AS, can only stick your finger in His eye as long as He allows it. Paul did it a while. You arent Paul. You arent a big enough problem for Him to talk to, other than the Bible of instruction He wrote for you.

Over and over you come on these playing devils advocate. Over and over you keep getting your ass handed to you by the Word of God which is written. What amount of stupidity would it take for an intelligent person to not finally be able to get a clue

Are you stupid, or just drunk tonight.

Read my replies above.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

234 members (257 mag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 29 invisible), 1,273 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,540
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.