Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've got about a quarter acre of river cane about 18' tall,......not counting almost as much honeysuckle.

Cutting and chipping is going to be a major element of my life from here on out just to keep it from getting totally out of hand.

rent a couple, for a day each. a) see what works for you and b) see if you want to be doing that schiedt

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Steelhead's busy digging up posts from yesteryear because his obsession is insatiable. Standby.

LOL
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I think Bristoe should hire FB to whine his cane to death, spending quality time together would cause Bristoe to snap from the onslaught of self pity and boredom. The snapped Bristoe would grab a cane knife and render the foliage to manageable bits. Problems solved.

FB gets therapy and Bristoe's cane intrusion is halted and they can bond around a roaring cane Campfire.

You are both welcome.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 11/18/17.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Anyway....lets have a test.

I, the artist formally known as Jim, like to shoot my .270 Winchester. I also like shooting CB shorts out of my Single Six.

I am also not terribly fond of hard kicking rifles......and I like bird watching.

Shouldn't this go in the campfire dating section?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I think Bristoe should hire FB to whine his cane to death, spending quality time together would cause Bristoe to snap from the onslaught of self pity and boredom. The snapped Bristoe would grab a cane knife and render the foliage to manageable bits. Problems solved.

FB gets therapy and Britoe's cane intrusion is halted and they can bond around a roaring cane Campfire.

You are both welcome.

mike r

Thanks Mike for the cuteness. Iggwe hasn't posted in a while, so that was super refreshing.

LOL
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Can you rent a chipper?

Probably,....but I'd have to rent it from here on.

Hell, I'd try renting one once and try it out. It might give you a better idea of what you need and whether it'll work for you or not.

This thread is a double whammy. We get to talk about butt hurt people and wood chippers all in one thread.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

FB gets therapy and Britoe's cane intrusion is halted and they can bond around a roaring cane Campfire.

You are both welcome.

mike r

I don't recall any recent bouts of self pity. I just want to clean my land up. Leave me out of the rest of this drama.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I occasionally lament some bad decisions I've made, but it's not self pity.

It's just a mental exploration of the myriad paths I've taken in my life.

Some good,..some bad.

I'm on a good one now.

Carlos Castaneda would probably say that my current path has heart.

“Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions. To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a path and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary.

This question is one that only a very old man asks. Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long long paths, but I am not anywhere. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you.

Before you embark on any path ask the question: Does this path have a heart? If the answer is no, you will know it, and then you must choose another path. The trouble is nobody asks the question; and when a man finally realizes that he has taken a path without a heart, the path is ready to kill him. At that point very few men can stop to deliberate, and leave the path. A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it.”

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bristoe, my post was meant to say that the onslaught of self pity and boredom would originate from fb.

Since FB advocates that miscreants be publicly caned I thought he would be pleased to assist you.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Bristoe, my post was meant to say that the onslaught of self pity and boredom would originate from fb.

Since FB advocates that miscreants be publicly caned I thought he would be pleased to assist you.

mike r

Oh,...well,..I can supply the cane.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I occasionally lament some bad decisions I've made, but it's not self pity.

It's just a mental exploration of the myriad paths I've taken in my life.

Some good,..some bad.

I'm on a good one now.

Carlos Castaneda would probably say that my current path has heart.

“Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions. To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a path and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary.

This question is one that only a very old man asks. Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long long paths, but I am not anywhere. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you.

Before you embark on any path ask the question: Does this path have a heart? If the answer is no, you will know it, and then you must choose another path. The trouble is nobody asks the question; and when a man finally realizes that he has taken a path without a heart, the path is ready to kill him. At that point very few men can stop to deliberate, and leave the path. A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it.”

I like that. Never read anything by Mr. Castenada, will have to rectify that. Fwiw, that agrees very closely with Taoist teachings.

Or, given the thread title, perhapssss I sssshould ssssay, that agreesssss with Taoisssssst teachingssssssssss...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

I like that. Never read anything by Mr. Castenada, will have to rectify that. Fwiw, that agrees very closely with Taoist teachings.

Castaneda was a seriously strange cat. His first book was his Anthropology thesis when he graduated from UCLA about 50 years ago, or so.

It was a fun read when I was introduced to it 40-something years ago.

I'm probably a bit jaded to appreciate it today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Teachings_of_Don_Juan

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

FB advocates that miscreants criminals be publicly caned

mike r

If you're going to represent my position on a public forum, get it right.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Well, I dont have anything against you either FireBall.

We see things a bit differently I guess.

Up here on the arid plains we give each other a terrible ration of schit. Maybe its different in other places.

We are only polite and courteous to the people we dont like.....or dont know that well.

That seems to be flying over Fireballs head. I give people [bleep] I like or those that provide entertainment.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Anybody ever tried cutting a big stalk of cane? It's like hacking off a 480psi stick of PVC. Some of the bigger stalks are 20+ feet tall and 2" in diameter at the base.

It got me to thinking. I might cut a few 40" long sticks of the big stuff and send them to Based Stick Man. You won't snap the end offa one o'them sumbitches by hittin' a Commie over the head with it!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Steelhead's busy digging up posts from yesteryear because his obsession is insatiable. Standby.

Only took a second in the search function. I typed 'Whining Bitch' and shazam, there it was.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Anybody ever tried cutting a big stalk of cane? It's like hacking of a 480psi stick of PVC. Some of the bigger stalks are 20+ feet tall and 2" in diameter at the bas.

It got me to thinking. I might cut a few 40" long sticks of the big stuff and send them to Based Stick Man. You won't snap the end offa one o'them sumbitches by hittin' a Commie over the head with it!

I want to see you in a rainbow crosswalk, swinging a 5' piece of cane.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've got a Parang about 30" long that I bought at Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I put a pretty good edge on it and took it to the cane patch.

I hauled off and gave a thick stalk of cane a mighty hack with it expecting it to get lopped off like it was a stalk of tobacco.

sheeeeeit,..that cane stalk just laughed at me. I had to put 4 or 5 hacks on it to get it down. I'm going to put a carbide tipped circular saw blade on a weed eater and go at it with that.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Anybody ever tried cutting a big stalk of cane? It's like hacking of a 480psi stick of PVC. Some of the bigger stalks are 20+ feet tall and 2" in diameter at the bas.

I want to see you in a rainbow crosswalk, swinging a 5' piece of cane.

lolol,.....I moved away from there when the desire to do just that started getting too strong.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I've got a Parang about 30" long that I bought at Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I put a pretty good edge on it and took it to the cane patch.

I hauled off and gave a thick stalk of cane a mighty hack with it expecting it to get lopped off like it was a stalk of tobacco.

sheeeeeit,..that cane stalk just laughed at me. I had to put 4 or 5 hacks on it to get it down. I'm going to put a carbide tipped circular saw blade on a weed eater and go at it with that.

Retirement!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.