Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Zerk
The name was already taken.

You bob and weave a lot. Is that your Zerk-a-Dope move? laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
GB1

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Try harder to insult, if you want the cools kids to like you. That doesn't even make sense.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Up to the top....

Hmmmm, using the personality that can compose a complete and correct sentence and also plays the victim. Are they combined in one or are they separate?

laissez les bons temps rouler
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I am no victim. This is ain't no job resume.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ohhhh, you most definitely are a victim.

"Word of the day": Tracks

Last edited by battue; 08/11/17.

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am no victim. This is ain't no job resume.

You are one stupid mötherfücker.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Try harder to insult, if you want the cools kids to like you. That doesn't even make sense.

You're right. For someone who is twelve years old and whose mother thinks that you're doing homework on the computer, it probably doesn't make sense to you.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
To the OP I apologize for bring up the 6mm post . I had read the first couple of pages gone away and posted your inquiry w/o reading all the drama that had occurred in the middle 30 pages of nonsense. I agree with you that the Montana is a nice rifle. I'd like to have one myself . I'm just one that if I wanted a duel purpose rifle think the 6mms offer just that little bit extra. I have no doubt that the reports of people killing deer with 223 s are true. And if I had could only afford 1 rifle and really wanted an AR I guess I'd use one too, but given a choice I'd pick something from a 100 gr bullet up for deer. As I said as I responded to you specifically not wanting a 243. that's reason enough. Again I didn't mean to perpetuate the crap and I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read the entire thread.

Last edited by bangeye; 08/11/17.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bangeye
To the OP I apologize for bring up the 6mm post . I had read the first couple of pages gone away and posted your inquiry w/o reading all the drama that had occurred in the middle 30 pages of nonsense. I agree with you that the Montana is a nice rifle. I'd like to have one myself . I'm just one that if I wanted a duel purpose rifle think the 6mms offer just that little bit extra. I have no doubt that the reports of people killing deer with 223 s are true. And if I had could only afford 1 rifle and really wanted an AR I guess I'd use one too, but given a choice I'd pick something from a 100 gr bullet up for deer. As I said as I responded to you specifically not wanting a 243. that's reason enough. Again I didn't mean to perpetuate the crap and I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read the entire thread.

Haha! No problem man. How could you not get distracted on this brush fire of a thread. grin

Last edited by tzone; 08/12/17.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z

You're right. For someone who is twelve years old and whose mother thinks that you're doing homework on the computer, it probably doesn't make sense to you.

Anyone who disagrees with you is a _______. Are you able to form adult debates and have a discussion? A great many on this site are not able to.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just because you want to debate it, doesn't mean much to those who know different. You can even have your opinion and it doesn't change what they know. Same reason I don't go on the Long Range forum and tell them how to do things.

But carry on.

Last edited by battue; 08/12/17.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Zerk, your knowledge of anything makes a dirt clot look like a Rhodes Scholar in comparison.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I never said you have to hunt with 45-70. I just like to buy guns and try different things. Since I know a few people using, I thought I would give it a shot. I don't know anyone, other than Internet hunting with some thing smaller than 6mm for deer.

I am.not making long shots. I like hunting up close.

If you want to try something different, try intelligent dialogue.

What do you plan on doing with the 45-70 you just bought? Not your first, if I am correct?

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I am sold on 45-70.

Doe ran by, thought I was busted. Then buck came in, never stopped, never gave me a broadside shoot. First time I shot one that was not broadside or facing me. He was angling away. Entered rear ribs, and stopped under hide on other side after breaking ribs. Went down. Started to get up so shot again. Never shot a deer twice before. Usually lung shot they run.

Also first gut shot deer, went through guts and lungs.

Granted only one deer. I want to do a broadside to compare. But sometimes you just can't get them to posse for you.

Longest shot ever, around 60 yards.

Last few years all slow walks, no time to think about distance. Know your PBR and shoot.

I didn't notice 18" any louder. Though neighbor says he can tell when I shoot it.

If I could only have one it would be 30-06, but I think the GBL is going to be coming out alot.

Last edited by Zerk; 11/19/17.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Still waiting to run into a guy using 223 for deer around here. Even the kids and women don't go less than 243.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not to be kicking a dead horse or anything but I just read this entire thread and am in awe of the stupid. It reminds me of a thread years ago on Snipers Hide about a guy shooting ducks on a water tank in Texas. It spawned the term "minute of duck" which is still one of the funniest things I've read. Zerk, I give you kudos for a troll job well done. (God I hope it's a troll job)
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Granted only one deer. I want to do a broadside to compare. But sometimes you just can't get them to posse for you.

Because deer always run in a posse...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
here we go again...

Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

564 members (1minute, 270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,291
Posts18,448,944
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.