Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Had to go back to Walmart yesterday to pick up some things we had forgot the day before. They had some 40 grain HP Win. PP in stock this time.priced at $7.47 - 100 round plastic slider box..

BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by joken2

Had to go back to Walmart yesterday to pick up some things we had forgot the day before. They had some 40 grain HP Win. PP in stock this time.priced at $7.47 - 100 round plastic slider box..

Man ,that's just weird.. I went by our local store three days ago and bought a box for $6.92.. Why would the price vary that much from store to store?

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
A few years ago I was buying Winchester 223 White Box ammo for a friend who liked it so much that he didn't bother reloading. I was traveling through a couple of states on a semi-regular basis and every time I was near a Wal-Mart I would stop in and pick up some for him.
I noticed a disparity of two to three dollars per box depending on the location of the store, I questioned a manager about it and was told that each store can sets its own price on items since the managers have a better idea of what the market will bear locally. I suspect that the Corporate office has some guidelines on this but it does make a lot of sense.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Jk16: What part of the country did you find that ammo for $6.92 at?
I will be in a position to make a larger purchase of this ammo as soon as Big Game season is over here-abouts in a week or so.
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by drover
A few years ago I was buying Winchester 223 White Box ammo for a friend who liked it so much that he didn't bother reloading. I was traveling through a couple of states on a semi-regular basis and every time I was near a Wal-Mart I would stop in and pick up some for him.
I noticed a disparity of two to three dollars per box depending on the location of the store, I questioned a manager about it and was told that each store can sets its own price on items since the managers have a better idea of what the market will bear locally. I suspect that the Corporate office has some guidelines on this but it does make a lot of sense.

drover

Several years back I priced some electronics stuff at two different Walmart stores around 35 +/- miles apart. The difference in price of identical items at one location was enough for me to ask a department manager why and was told the same thing,

For around a couple of years or longer now one of the above mentioned Walmart stores has been pricing their store brand milk at anywhere from as low as .89 cents to a high of $1.48 a gallon. The reason being a discount grocery chain opened a new store in the same town and from day one has kept their milk prices super cheap and most likely at a loss in order to draw customers.

The same store brand milk at the other Walmart mentioned above has been and still is 'everyday' priced at two to three times more.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Oklahoma Panhandle
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jk16: What part of the country did you find that ammo for $6.92 at?
I will be in a position to make a larger purchase of this ammo as soon as Big Game season is over here-abouts in a week or so.
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Very far from you..Oklahoma Panhandle..
smile

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Jk16: Thats what I was wondering about - I was hoping this availability and price was/is widespread.
Thanks for the comeback.
The local Wal-Mart is so far from me (65 miles each way!) I am going to do something I have never done before and CALL the Wal-Mart ask for the sporting goods department and inquire about the supply of W-W Power-Points before I drive all the way up there.
I wonder if they will give out that information on the phone?
Thanks again for the come back.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.