Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Its just not that easy with these FTF sales, the dude wouldn’t give up SN. Its an 8 year story. Many times the buyer doesn’t give a damn where it came from as long as they have it.

Its a fairly gossipy gun community around here and you figure things out especially when talking SS-LTD’s. When they change hands for these kinda prices, both parties are familiar with the rifle collectability. The kinda folk that like this type rifle are on several forums and just can’t help themselves.

The rifle started out with a Burris Fast Fire on her and got jacked out of a ford pickup in front of Golden Corral restaurant at Loop 1604/Bandera Rd in SATX.

I’m sure y’all are aware that everyone in the Campfire classifieds is of the finest honest stock of humans.

I do not see the serial# anywhere in the photos.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This may go down as “most hilarious” thread of 2017

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Looks like one that was stolen from a pickup truck in San Antonio. A dump truck driver from New Braunfels ended up with it about 8 years ago now. When it finally passes through an FFL and pops up stolen, there will be hell to pay.

An FTF huh?

Need any details about the rifle, call below:

http://stephenlschaefer.com

That's about a half ass way to approach this. If you have a stolen gun, post it somewhere else instead of throwing crap in someone elses business. Serial number will be seen somewhere.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look dummy, This has been an ongoing thing and the more evidence the better.

I’d say if you ain’t in our neck of the woods with the issue, keep your pie hole shut.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

I’d say if you ain’t in our neck of the woods with the issue, keep your pie hole shut.

When someone checks you, you go into attack mode. That's very telling. Go away.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Doesn't matter where I live. I can tell a troll when I see one.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Hate to in anyway seem to side with JohnnyLoco but seems this could be easily cleared up by RGK. Not going to say I find it telling that he has not weighed in with a comment or a rebuttal but does seem odd.
If it were me and I knew my gun (I’m selling is legit) I would be showing a sales receipt with serial # or something to show I legally bought, owned and this is a legit sale. Matter of fact if I bought it, I would demand it after all this and it being the same state and locale of the accused theft.

Especially knowing he’s been on since this started and if like anyone (I know) would be checking his own post and has read the drama....

Last edited by Boonechaser; 12/17/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thats nice!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Boonechaser

Hate to in anyway seem to side with JohnnyLoco but seems this could be easily cleared up by RGK. Not going to say I find it telling that he has not weighed in with a comment or a rebuttal but does seem odd.
If it were me and I knew my gun (I’m selling is legit) I would be showing a sales receipt with serial # or something to show I legally bought, owned and this is a legit sale. Matter of fact if I bought it, I would demand it after all this and it being the same state and locale of the accused theft.

Especially knowing he’s been on since this started and if like anyone (I know) would be checking his own post and has read the drama....

I would not put a serial # from one of my firearms on the net for anyone. We just have to disagree on that. The reason the OP is probabbly not weighing back in is because Loco came in and dumped on his ad. That is a courtesy thing that grown ups don't do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of you are under the mistaken impression I give a rat’s ass about y’alls opinions. I only care about a beloved rifle and seeing it eventually returned. This chase ain’t new, just new to you. If it offends you, too bad.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

I would not put a serial # from one of my firearms on the net for anyone. We just have to disagree on that. The reason the OP is probabbly not weighing back in is because Loco came in and dumped on his ad. That is a courtesy thing that grown ups don't do.

If you legally bought and have proof of that, what’s the serial # in somebody else’s hands, gonna do?
As far as dumping on someone’s post, not like Johnny’s a new guy and going through past post, doesn’t seem to have a habit of “dumping on others post” so I assume his rants, have good merit.

What would you do to get Back a stolen gun? Like I said, seems funny to me that this is all from the same locale and no defense has been offered.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Knowing his profession, I'd not concern myself with him dealing in "hot" firearms.

Were I in his position, I'd not dignify the accusation with a response either.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bout the size of it Boonechaser.

I’m certainly not accusing him of stealing the firearm and on the contrary, don’t believe he did. The fella I’m looking for has actually bought a few similar rifles from me FTF in parking lots so I’m aware of his aficionado status. Just persuing the same 8 year old lead which usually ends with no contact but this time enough info has surfaced to really leave a trail that authorities can track. I just wish I woulda seen the ad sooner. It takes time and most endeavors like this fail. Not gonna give up though.

NH K-9 says that dump truck driver is a nefarious “profession”.

The link is who to contact with details.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/17/17.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
WTF are you talking about? I was referring to RGK.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds good

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Glad it meets your approval..........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its all ones and zeros, neither of us matter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never understood why range bums with no ponys feel obliged to string 100 acres of barbwire on someone elses ranch.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/17/17.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

If you legally bought and have proof of that, what’s the serial # in somebody else’s hands, gonna do?
As far as dumping on someone’s post, not like Johnny’s a new guy and going through past post, doesn’t seem to have a habit of “dumping on others post” so I assume his rants, have good merit.

What would you do to get Back a stolen gun? Like I said, seems funny to me that this is all from the same locale and no defense has been offered.

The serial # in somebody else's hands gives them the power to file a stolen weapon report. Secondly, IT IS NO BODYS BUSINESS.
You are missing something. If Loco has proof that this is the gun he is looking for, all he has to do is post the serial #.
The seller is not under obligation to prove his innocense, Loco is under obligation to prove his guilt.
I think that is still how it works.

Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 12/17/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never understood why range bums with no ponys feel obliged to string 100 acres of barbwire on someone elses ranch

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 64 invisible), 3,045 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.