Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
A very desirable Marlin-only 501 were made for Davidson's in 2005 or 2006. 35 Remington, all stainless, 18.5" barrel, straight walnut checkered stock, half magazine. This one is about flawless, with no dings, dents scratches or marks. I'd rate it at 98+. There is a Williams Foolproof receiver sight mounted in the factory screws. Original rear sight included. I've put less than 60 rounds down the barrel. $1300.00 plus $35.00 shipping. Since photobucket screwed us, I can send photos via email.
Bob
rgkolesarsbcglobal.net

GB1

R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
OK, maybe I'm too high. Reduced to $1250.00, shipped. $1200.00 FTF, central TX.
Bob
rgkolesarsbcglobal.net

Last edited by RGK; 11/20/17.
R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
$1100.00, FTF, central TX
Bob

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 11/21/17.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Oh boy....wasn’t expecting it to be that pleasing to look at. GLWS.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yes, she's sweet...

whereabouts in central Texas are you Bob?

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
IC B2

R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jeffpg
Yes, she's sweet...

whereabouts in central Texas are you Bob?

Hill Country...New Braunfels.
Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It took me a while to find one of these a couple of years ago to add to the Marlin collection, this is the first one I have seen come up for sale since then.
Folks that have them like to hold onto them. Beautiful rifle!

-----Life's too short to hunt with an ugly rifle or shotgun.-----
-----NRA Lifetime Endowment Member-----
R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Marlin is SPF.
Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
...damn, I just saw this. Merry Christmas to someone.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like one that was stolen from a pickup truck in San Antonio. A dump truck driver from New Braunfels ended up with it about 8 years ago now. When it finally passes through an FFL and pops up stolen, there will be hell to pay.

An FTF huh?

Need any details about the rifle, call below:

http://stephenlschaefer.com

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/15/17.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Don't see them often. Last real Marlins IMHO. Became Remlins in 2007. That will do everthing I need done in the pine thickets and bottom lands I hunt. Good snag for a man with the funds!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Looks like one that was stolen from a pickup truck in San Antonio. A dump truck driver from New Braunfels ended up with it about 8 years ago now. When it finally passes through an FFL and pops up stolen, there will be hell to pay.

An FTF huh?

You made that determination without even seeing the serial #?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
that's why they make an "ignore" list here.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You bet I did smart ass. Wood grain and S/N’s are as unique as fingerprints.

Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

An FTF huh?

You made that determination without even seeing the serial #?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

An FTF huh?

Please explain something. You say it looks like one that was stolen from a truck in San Antonio. Then you say that a dump truck driver from New Braunfels ended up with it. If it was stolen and you know who ended up with it,why was it not recovered? Please explain.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Was just getting ready to ask the same question....

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Popcorn anyone?

turbine1
Life Member of the NRA
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. 1. Jesus Christ 2. The American G.I "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!" You might want to pass this on, as many seem to forget both of them!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Its just not that easy with these FTF sales, the dude wouldn’t give up SN. Its an 8 year story. Many times the buyer doesn’t give a damn where it came from as long as they have it.

Its a fairly gossipy gun community around here and you figure things out especially when talking SS-LTD’s. When they change hands for these kinda prices, both parties are familiar with the rifle collectability. The kinda folk that like this type rifle are on several forums and just can’t help themselves.

The rifle started out with a Burris Fast Fire on her and got jacked out of a ford pickup in front of Golden Corral restaurant at Loop 1604/Bandera Rd in SATX.

I’m sure y’all are aware that everyone in the Campfire classifieds is of the finest honest stock of humans.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/16/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As I understand it, a gun passing through an FFL does not mean that it will get its s/n checked. It just means the s/n will be logged and a record kept of the transfer. I would also imagine that once someone buys a gun, there can be some reluctance to then check the s/n for fear if it is stolen, they will be out their money. Probably always best for a buyer to try to do that to protect themselves before the purchase, but I get the sense that is rarely done.

Is there an app or a national online place to quickly type in a s/n and check it for being stolen? Would be a handy tool for those FTF sales where you finally get to see the s/n. Just type it in and see what pops up.

Last edited by TallPine; 12/16/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You are correct

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Its just not that easy with these FTF sales, the dude wouldn’t give up SN. Its an 8 year story. Many times the buyer doesn’t give a damn where it came from as long as they have it.

Its a fairly gossipy gun community around here and you figure things out especially when talking SS-LTD’s. When they change hands for these kinda prices, both parties are familiar with the rifle collectability. The kinda folk that like this type rifle are on several forums and just can’t help themselves.

The rifle started out with a Burris Fast Fire on her and got jacked out of a ford pickup in front of Golden Corral restaurant at Loop 1604/Bandera Rd in SATX.

I’m sure y’all are aware that everyone in the Campfire classifieds is of the finest honest stock of humans.

I do not see the serial# anywhere in the photos.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This may go down as “most hilarious” thread of 2017

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

An FTF huh?

That's about a half ass way to approach this. If you have a stolen gun, post it somewhere else instead of throwing crap in someone elses business. Serial number will be seen somewhere.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Look dummy, This has been an ongoing thing and the more evidence the better.

I’d say if you ain’t in our neck of the woods with the issue, keep your pie hole shut.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

I’d say if you ain’t in our neck of the woods with the issue, keep your pie hole shut.

When someone checks you, you go into attack mode. That's very telling. Go away.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Doesn't matter where I live. I can tell a troll when I see one.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Hate to in anyway seem to side with JohnnyLoco but seems this could be easily cleared up by RGK. Not going to say I find it telling that he has not weighed in with a comment or a rebuttal but does seem odd.
If it were me and I knew my gun (I’m selling is legit) I would be showing a sales receipt with serial # or something to show I legally bought, owned and this is a legit sale. Matter of fact if I bought it, I would demand it after all this and it being the same state and locale of the accused theft.

Especially knowing he’s been on since this started and if like anyone (I know) would be checking his own post and has read the drama....

Last edited by Boonechaser; 12/17/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thats nice!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Boonechaser

Hate to in anyway seem to side with JohnnyLoco but seems this could be easily cleared up by RGK. Not going to say I find it telling that he has not weighed in with a comment or a rebuttal but does seem odd.
If it were me and I knew my gun (I’m selling is legit) I would be showing a sales receipt with serial # or something to show I legally bought, owned and this is a legit sale. Matter of fact if I bought it, I would demand it after all this and it being the same state and locale of the accused theft.

Especially knowing he’s been on since this started and if like anyone (I know) would be checking his own post and has read the drama....

I would not put a serial # from one of my firearms on the net for anyone. We just have to disagree on that. The reason the OP is probabbly not weighing back in is because Loco came in and dumped on his ad. That is a courtesy thing that grown ups don't do.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Some of you are under the mistaken impression I give a rat’s ass about y’alls opinions. I only care about a beloved rifle and seeing it eventually returned. This chase ain’t new, just new to you. If it offends you, too bad.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

I would not put a serial # from one of my firearms on the net for anyone. We just have to disagree on that. The reason the OP is probabbly not weighing back in is because Loco came in and dumped on his ad. That is a courtesy thing that grown ups don't do.

If you legally bought and have proof of that, what’s the serial # in somebody else’s hands, gonna do?
As far as dumping on someone’s post, not like Johnny’s a new guy and going through past post, doesn’t seem to have a habit of “dumping on others post” so I assume his rants, have good merit.

What would you do to get Back a stolen gun? Like I said, seems funny to me that this is all from the same locale and no defense has been offered.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Knowing his profession, I'd not concern myself with him dealing in "hot" firearms.

Were I in his position, I'd not dignify the accusation with a response either.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bout the size of it Boonechaser.

I’m certainly not accusing him of stealing the firearm and on the contrary, don’t believe he did. The fella I’m looking for has actually bought a few similar rifles from me FTF in parking lots so I’m aware of his aficionado status. Just persuing the same 8 year old lead which usually ends with no contact but this time enough info has surfaced to really leave a trail that authorities can track. I just wish I woulda seen the ad sooner. It takes time and most endeavors like this fail. Not gonna give up though.

NH K-9 says that dump truck driver is a nefarious “profession”.

The link is who to contact with details.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/17/17.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
WTF are you talking about? I was referring to RGK.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds good

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Glad it meets your approval..........

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Its all ones and zeros, neither of us matter.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Never understood why range bums with no ponys feel obliged to string 100 acres of barbwire on someone elses ranch.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/17/17.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

If you legally bought and have proof of that, what’s the serial # in somebody else’s hands, gonna do?
As far as dumping on someone’s post, not like Johnny’s a new guy and going through past post, doesn’t seem to have a habit of “dumping on others post” so I assume his rants, have good merit.

What would you do to get Back a stolen gun? Like I said, seems funny to me that this is all from the same locale and no defense has been offered.

The serial # in somebody else's hands gives them the power to file a stolen weapon report. Secondly, IT IS NO BODYS BUSINESS.
You are missing something. If Loco has proof that this is the gun he is looking for, all he has to do is post the serial #.
The seller is not under obligation to prove his innocense, Loco is under obligation to prove his guilt.
I think that is still how it works.

Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 12/17/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Never understood why range bums with no ponys feel obliged to string 100 acres of barbwire on someone elses ranch

R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Never understood why range bums with no ponys feel obliged to string 100 acres of barbwire on someone elses ranch

Since I have the rifle in question, I'll respond in public.

Mr Loco has accused me (more than once) of possibly stealing this rifle. I've had contact here with him before; I bought this Marlin from a dealer NEW when I was living in CA in 2005. The rifle went thru an FFL (The Los Angeles Police Revolver & Athletic Club) before being transferred to me. I have the paperwork. He knows that. I've told him before. In CA, like all legally transferred weapons, this rifle went thru a stolen weapons check (mandatory in the city of LA). Since it was brand-new, it came back without any history. Being that I was an LAPD cop then, it probably wouldn't have been a good idea of being in possession of a stolen gun (CA 496. PC).

Since Mr Loco is trying to cause a problem and lives fairly close to me in TX, I'd be willing to meet him FTF about this. And I'll have an on-duty uniformed cop present in case he wants to produce a stolen report.

Maybe you should have locked your truck, stupid.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 12/18/17. Reason: Edited for grammer
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RGK

Since I have the rifle in question, I'll respond in public.

Mr Loco has accused me (more than once) of possibly stealing this one. I've had contact here with him before; I bought this from a dealer NEW when I was living in CA in 2005. The rifle went thru an FFL (The Los Angeles Police Revolver Club) before being transferred to me. I have the paperwork. He knows that. I told him before. In CA, like all legally transferred weapons, this rifle went thru a stolen weapons check (mandatory in the city of LA). Since it was brand-new, it came back without any history. Being that I was a LAPD cop then, it probably wouldn't have been a good idea of being in possession of a stolen gun (CA 496. PC).

Since Mr Loco is trying to cause a problem and lives fairly close to me in TX, I'd be willing to meet him FTF about this. And I'll have an on-duty uniformed cop present in case he wants to produce a stolen report.

Maybe you should have locked your truck, stupid.
Bob

Nuff said, I would venture to say. It is a sharp looking rifle for sure!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Rebuttal JL?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
And I'd be more than willing to bet that JL has already been paid for it by his insurance and pissed it away. Now he is hoping to double dip.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I talked with the attorney linked above by Mr Loco. Serial numbers of my rifle and the stolen one do not match. I also sent the attorney a close-up of my rifle's serial number to allay any doubt. Too easy. Could've been handled like this a long time ago, but hey, that's another story. Thanks for all the back-up guys; there's some good people here.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 12/18/17.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
At the risk of sounding like I am stringing barbed wire, I believe a simple apology would go a long way. I can empathize, in a way, with JL. I've got a Colt's Government Model out there floating around somewhere, and I'd like to have it back. That said, it seems obvious the he was barking up the wrong tree with the OP.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
And barbed wire is measured in feet, not acres.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well Hell Bob, it coulda been handled years ago like you said. The “shoulda locked truck” comment should square us in abrasiveness. The stolen rifle S/N is #275.

We can meet (again) if you want, and I’ll even take an ass whoopin for a friend. I’m good people too, just on another side of an issue.

My humble apology

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
God bless you both.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good night!

"Smile, God loves you!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Some people might measure barb wire in something different than feet.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Links, chains, yards, meters?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Joel6180
And barbed wire is measured in feet, not acres.

And sh it is measured by turd in your world while others measure by frontend loader scoop or shovel.

Fuggin bucket-mouth, you make me laugh.

Anyway, its been real...Bye!

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/18/17.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You got me now. I have no experience with measuring fecal matter. I wonder if the gun has sold?

R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Joel6180
I wonder if the gun has sold?

Yes. It's spoken for, but not shipped yet.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 12/18/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
should have raised the price on it Bob. it has a place in campfire history now! grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Seconds if buyer decides to back out. Thank you.

MAGA! This is the way!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It does have some nice provenance now.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
It does have some nice provenance now.

Roger that; maybe I priced it too low...
Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well now that that's settled, beers all around!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have seen them go for more than what you're asking for RGK, but they stayed on the shelf for a long while before they sold. I am the second owner of one of these rifles, and it's serial number is not #275 if anyone wants to ask. There were 500 or 501 of these made for Davidson's by Marlin. I paid around $1000 for mine by the time everything was said and done and it was in my safe. I saw it and bought it to go beside a Marlin 336SS 30-30 I bought brand new for less than half the cost of this 35 Rem rifle. It hasn't been fired, yet, but one day it will eventually make it out of the safe and out to the range. I did put a scout scope set up on it and planned on taking it out to the range, but it has been in the safe ever since. Congrats on your sale RGK!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by NH K9

Knowing his profession, I'd not concern myself with him dealing in "hot" firearms.

Were I in his position, I'd not dignify the accusation with a response either.

George

Exactly right TFF.... this place has become a land of dicks and cunnys

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I don't know about the moron slinging nasty comments and hate but if the deal falls through I'll take seconds.

Keep moving forward!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerstalker
should have raised the price on it Bob. it has a place in campfire history now! grin

No need for this kind of talk! The thread can be closed now! wink grin

R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I'd say this has become the most interesting thread lately in the classifieds. I even enjoyed it.
Bob

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Moot point now.. but that's a dang fine looking Marlin RGK.

..and to whomever bought it.. I hate you. cry wink Enjoy it!

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teeder
Originally Posted by deerstalker

No need for this kind of talk! The thread can be closed now! wink grin

i assume you are the lucky guy Teeder! if so congrats on a nice purchase!
someone suggested a beer all around, after all the popcorn watching this saga i need one!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks! Me too!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 67 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,538
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.