Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Ok so talk me out of buying these. I have the 10x42 hd meopta. Has been my go to for last few years. Anyone own the 8x32 hd? Any cons? Still perform well in lowlight?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep. It's good, very good. No regrets.

Sean
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I too started with 10x42 MeOpta..Took to Africa and they worked great but at 70 I found them too heavy to lug around ..Went back to Cabela's and tried the8x Meos,,.. 8x 30 Swaro then 8x42 Vipers and found the Vipers lighter and more clear than Swaros so that's what I have now ..10x is also little tougher to hold still...Last pair they had from Japan as new ones are all from Chiny..They are marked on side..Very happy so far

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I picked up a pair here used primarily as a backup to my 8x32 Leica Trinovids. I have found them to be an excellent glass without breaking the bank. For all practical purposes they are the equal of the Leica. Also have a pair of 12x50 Meopta's, Meopta makes the Cabela's, which I spent a bit of time comparing to 12x50 Leica's and 15x56 Swaro's outside one on top of the other. My conclusion was the Meopta's were within 1% of the Alpha glass for about 55% of the cost. I put the savings toward an elk hunt and they performed superbly.

Buy them, you will not be disappointed and will smile when you look at how much is left in your wallet compared Alpha glass.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
There was a pair for sale on classified a few days ago and I believe they are on sale at Cabelas too right now.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by TwoTrax
I picked up a pair here used primarily as a backup to my 8x32 Leica Trinovids. I have found them to be an excellent glass without breaking the bank. For all practical purposes they are the equal of the Leica. Also have a pair of 12x50 Meopta's, Meopta makes the Cabela's, which I spent a bit of time comparing to 12x50 Leica's and 15x56 Swaro's outside one on top of the other. My conclusion was the Meopta's were within 1% of the Alpha glass for about 55% of the cost. I put the savings toward an elk hunt and they performed superbly.

Buy them, you will not be disappointed and will smile when you look at how much is left in your wallet compared Alpha glass.

They do well in lowlight?? Any issues with the small eyecups?

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Well nevermind guys Cabelas just sold out of them. frown

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by killindeer
Originally Posted by TwoTrax

They do well in lowlight?? Any issues with the small eyecups?

They do fine, actually a tick better than the Leica, maybe the hd glass? No issue with the eyecups and I wear glasses. Great value!

Don't get me wrong, I very much like the Alpha glass, as I get older I have a tougher time justifying the much higher cost for the very small return. I will not mention the dealer, but when I was shopping for the 12x50's, the owner told me he uses the meopta's himself and he could use anything in the store...

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I just bought the 10x42 and the last in my state 8x32. was going to keep one and sell the other. probably keep both.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I got lucky. Apparently some was added back to inventory and placed an order for a pair a cpl days ago. Fingers crossed they dont cancel on me

IC B3

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
For those of you that have received yours, what all did you get? I picked mine up from the store last Friday. I didn't see any disclaimers while ordering regarding returns or incomplete packaging, but I got the binos and tethered objective covers wrapped in bubble wrap in the box. No box, no strap, no case, no paperwork, no rainguard. Thought it was odd and I'm going to call them in the morning. I was just wondering if others received complete boxed units or something similar to me

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by orfisch
For those of you that have received yours, what all did you get? I picked mine up from the store last Friday. I didn't see any disclaimers while ordering regarding returns or incomplete packaging, but I got the binos and tethered objective covers wrapped in bubble wrap in the box. No box, no strap, no case, no paperwork, no rainguard. Thought it was odd and I'm going to call them in the morning. I was just wondering if others received complete boxed units or something similar to me

Yikes. That aint good to hear. Mines still on backorder. Crossing fingers Cabelas doesnt cancel on me

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Killindeer,

I just sent you a PM with an offer to sell you my "like new" pair of Euro HD 8x32, if you're tired of dealing with Cabelas.

Let me know,

Leftybolt

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I talked to customer service today. The lady acted surprised that I received them that way, and put in a request for the accessories. She told me since it was a Cabela's branded product, no warranty paperwork to fill out, just keep my receipt. I asked what the next steps were- would I be contacted/updated with whatever the resolution would be? She told me if I hadn't heard or received anything in 2 weeks to call back. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but we'll see what happens over the next 2 weeks. Hopefully it all works out, I like the size and the little bit of viewing I've been able to try, but I won't keep them if I don't receive the accessories that should have come with them in the first place.

Still curious as to what others received who took part in the latest offer at the beginning of November

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Mine came with box and all accessories. Sweet binos but I'm going to sell these and keep my Nikons and redirect the funds elsewhere.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Just a followup - Cabelas took care of me. When I got home today there was a box containing the rest of the goods. Got the box, case, strap, rainguard, paperwork and 3 days shy of the 2 weeks she quoted. Glad it worked out.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just visited my local Cabelas to return an item. They had a pair of the 10x32 Euro HDs in the case marked down to $450. It was their last pair so they knocked another 10% off. I was looking for the 8x32s but couldn't pass up that price!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow. I wouldn't have been able to either. Good snag.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 14idaho, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,563 guests, and 710 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,519
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.