F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by srwshooter
i'm not paying any outfitter to hunt any animal. sorry but i'm very happy with the animals i hunt at home.

It's a big world - you should consider experiencing some of it.

Could only imagine how happy you would be Scotty if you killed something someone else did point out for you.

Rat-killer; I think I know what you're trying to say, but, ***SHOCKER ALERT*****, you phugged it up.

You knew what I meant and that’s all that matters. Can’t kill with out tipping the guide LOL. But I’m sure your deer stand is in a good spot.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You knew what I meant and that’s all that matters. Can’t kill with out tipping the guide LOL. But I’m sure your deer stand is in a good spot.

LOL. Do you wish to compare photo albums on DIY deer, puddin'? Because that's pretty much all I do. wink
And for posterity, I was referring to animals you can't hunt without a guide - particularly AK (or Canada - you can ask Judman about that). So let's see your DIY brown bears and sheep too while we're at it.

C'mon sweet pea, you can start.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On a whitetail hunt.

Trying to find em will disturb the area way more than shooting at them

Especially an exhaustive search

Versus an archery shot.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

LOL. Do you wish to compare photo albums on DIY deer, puddin'? Because that's pretty much all I do. wink
And for posterity, I was referring to animals you can't hunt without a guide - particularly AK (or Canada - you can ask Judman about that). So let's see your DIY brown bears and sheep too while we're at it.

C'mon sweet pea, you can start.

Ok I will start here with I go outside at least once a day. (How’s the HOA ) LOL. No guide was needed and the dog was laying by the woodstove. [Linked Image]
PS Judman is rich! us poor white trash hunting hicks could not even dream of having money to hunt with. LMMFAO
Scott you are the coolest guy on the fire. Keep up the great work.
If I payed a guide. 🧐. Laughing

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just as I suspected. It's all you've got, buttercup.
Maybe you can run over to the gunwriter's forum and go passive-aggressive on JB again - you know, like you did before you edited your post last night. wink
Your long-running campaign to claim top billing for campfire's biggest prick is admirable - at least you're consistent.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just as I suspected. It's all you've got, buttercup.
Maybe you can run over to the gunwriter's forum and go passive-aggressive on JB again - you know, like you did before you edited your post last night. wink
Your long-running campaign to claim top billing for campfire's biggest prick is admirable - at least you're consistent.

Difference between you and JB is he has gun knowledge. You just wish you did.
He is also a pretty decent guy.

Back to you scooter what is in your opinion the most comfortable tree stand.
Do it yourself sitting in trees. Lol. Keep up the good work.

PS
You keep calling me a prick I might end up not hating you. LOL.

Last edited by fredIII; 12/16/17.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Freddy had a tough time growing up in an incest household.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems to me outfitters that have that policy in place would get a better quality hunter which equals better bucks which equals better opportunity and the list goes on and on

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Freddy had a tough time growing up in an incest household.

Says the guy with a 1/4” between his eyes.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Would any of you even consider a whitetail hunt on free ranging deer with an outfitter with a draw blood policy? In other words draw blood and aren't able to recover the deer and you're done hunting, pack your stuff and leave camp. I'm not talking about a high fence operation here rather free ranging fair chase deer that are property of the state.

What is the bag limit where you were?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I would hope the outfitter made the policy clear during the booking process. If so, then I'd be fine with it. If not, what does state law say? Bottom line for me is knowing what the rules are going in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Draw blood, punch your tag. That should be the rule for all hunting.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never took Gunswizard to be a dick but apparently I was wrong. Sent a PM looking for the backstory as I’m always open to hearing differing opinions or viewpoints and as somebody that makes a living in the industry I certainly want to hear what customers don’t like so I can apply that knowledge to my own operation. He would have none of it

I asked what the backstory was and he replies with “ I asked a question, no story nothing to see here as they say so move along.“

I then asked what his policy is for wounding deer as I responded to his question on this post and I was curious. His response... “what part of move along don't you understand?”

Last edited by huntsonora; 12/19/17.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Reloader
Yes.

My brother has a co-worker who bow hunts our family farm. Every year he woulds at least one buck and just keeps hunting. Makes me ill.

Wounds ain't no big thing. Killing and not finding is. Deer are plenty capable of wounding themselves quite often out in the real woods...

Gunswizard needs to be on ignore for most IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now I’d just like to know who the outfitter was that kicked that douchebag Gunswizard out of camp? His complaint is now a ringing endorsement of the guy

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Guided hunts gives you access to hunts you would otherwise not have access to.

In some places it is not even legal for a non resident to hunt unguided, In some places it would just be impossible to create your own infrastructure, In some places it would be too risky to hunt solo, ... etc.

For me, I'd rather have hunted the Caucasus, Taurus, Alps, Carpathians, Tien Shan, Pamir, Altai ... mountains, guided, than not hunt those fabulous places.

But I notice that some people tend to look over the shoulder at hunters that go on guided hunts, not seeming to understand that these hunters may hunt solo as much or more than they do, and then hunt guided as much or more than they do unguided, too.

Also, they do not seem to understand that hunting guided does not necessarily mean sitting in a heated blind with a docen deer around a feeding machine and having your guide (?) point at the one he wants you to shoot. There can be much more than that and you can be participative and help saddle horses, set up camps, cook, glass for game, skin, load the meat, ... etc.

I am not sure if these people represent the fox's role in Aesop's fable the Fox & the Grapes.

Just my thinking.

Last edited by chamois; 12/20/17. Reason: spelling
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I never took Gunswizard to be a dick but apparently I was wrong. Sent a PM looking for the backstory as I’m always open to hearing differing opinions or viewpoints and as somebody that makes a living in the industry I certainly want to hear what customers don’t like so I can apply that knowledge to my own operation. He would have none of it

I asked what the backstory was and he replies with “ I asked a question, no story nothing to see here as they say so move along.“

I then asked what his policy is for wounding deer as I responded to his question on this post and I was curious. His response... “what part of move along don't you understand?”

This thread was posted the same day as this thread:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../searching-for-wounded-deer#Post12409849

Coincidence?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Alaska had the requirement on black bears when I lived there. You draw blood but don't recover it counts to you bag limit.

That requirement spread to Kodiak brown bears quite a few years ago.

I have no problem with the requirement, but I do with having it unequally enforced on all big game.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by huntsonora

This thread was posted the same day as this thread:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../searching-for-wounded-deer#Post12409849

Coincidence?

Interesting context...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chamois
Guided hunts gives you access to hunts you would otherwise not have access to.

In some places it is not even legal for a non resident to hunt unguided, In some places it would just be impossible to create your own infrastructure, In some places it would be too risky to hunt solo, ... etc.

For me, I'd rather have hunted the Caucasus, Taurus, Alps, Carpathians, Tien Shan, Pamir, Altai ... mountains, guided, than not hunt those fabulous places.

But I notice that some people tend to look over the shoulder at hunters that go on guided hunts, not seeming to understand that these hunters may hunt solo as much or more than they do, and then hunt guided as much or more than they do unguided, too.

Also, they do not seem to understand that hunting guided does not necessarily mean sitting in a heated blind with a docen deer around a feeding machine and having your guide (?) point at the one he wants you to shoot. There can be much more than that and you can be participative and help saddle horses, set up camps, cook, glass for game, skin, load the meat, ... etc.

I am not sure if these people represent the fox's role in Aesop's fable the Fox & the Grapes.

Just my thinking.

To risky to hunt solo? Well I have a wife and a couple of backpacks but I digress.

But my real question... whats your opinion of the draw blood policy.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.