Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember a year round deer lease with turkey, dove, quail, & ducks. Also had a nice fishing pond. $600 bucks a year.

DMc : (

PS: Cheapest I remember gasoline was 37 cents a gallon.

If this were the 'Troll' thread, I'd say i remembered muskets before center-fires came along.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I remember singing the same song! Teacher taught us all the movements just like
simonkenton said!

My grandkids are exceptionally fond of "Old Zip Coon!"

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=DMc]I remember a year round deer lease with turkey, dove, quail, & ducks. Also had a nice fishing pond. $600 bucks a year.

DMc : (

PS: Cheapest I remember gasoline was 37 cents a gallon.

If this were the 'Troll' thread, I'd say i remembered muskets before center-fires came along.[/quote

Standard price for gas was always 36.9 (there were no hurricanes or refinery fires in those days), unless there was a gas war. The cheapest I remember was at Timberlane DX in Boone at either 22.9 or 23.9.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Standard price for gas was always 36.9 (there were no hurricanes or refinery fires in those days), unless there was a gas war. The cheapest I remember was at Timberlane DX in Boone at either 22.9 or 23.9.

You're right! There's always a .9 at the end of gasoline prices....

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
how about the foot XRay machines?

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
how about the foot XRay machines?

There was a viewing port for the owner of the feet, as well as two angled ports for interested parties. Mom would never let me look, probably ignoring what was being done to my feet, while worrying about my eyes. She and the salesman would be looking in the angled ports.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by 5sdad

You're right! There's always a .9 at the end of gasoline prices....

DMc
I read somewhere that the feds started that with gas taxes. They started taxing the gas companies .3 cents per gal for highway construction. The gas companies weren't going to eat that .3 cents so they added another .6 cents to cover that and then some padding. Since no one thinks a thing about a fraction of a cent, nobody squawked and they've been doing it ever since.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Running boards

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The bread man, the milk man, the oil man, the mail man, the fuller brush man, and the avon lady.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lets not forget Tupperware parties. The ladies loved them for years but they died when companies like Rubbermaid started selling in stores. Tupperware refused to follow suit and they about died. Their high prices didn't help much, either.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A 'solid nickel' would buy a Baby Ruth the size of a good ear of corn and Jack's Cookies with the scalloped edges were 'twofers' aka two for a penny! Grandmother would take me out to the chicken yard with the .22 rifle and show me the old hen she wanted. She'd go back inside and I'd sit down by the net wire fence, poke the rifle through and rest it and when the old hen got just right....I put a slug through it's ear! I also ran the hens down on occasion and wrung their necks. Next operation was dipping the old hen or rooster in a pot of boiling water and pulling all the feathers off! I can still smell that odor on occasion! And we couldn't have iced teal unless the ICE MAN had come for the ICE BOX! Life was a helluva lot more simple in the '40s!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image] Some phones looked like this.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Clarkm
The bread man, the milk man, the oil man, the mail man, the fuller brush man, and the avon lady.

We didn't have an oil or bread man, but we had a milkman, fuller brush man, mailman, and a guy came around that sharpened scissors and knives.

DMc : )

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lets not forget Tupperware parties. The ladies loved them for years but they died when companies like Rubbermaid started selling in stores. Tupperware refused to follow suit and they about died. Their high prices didn't help much, either.

Tupperware's patent expired. Then came Rubbermaid, etc.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

My wife's family were given to the lure of direct sales. She, fated to follow suit, took a shot at selling Tupperware. The highlight of her career came the night that she went to conduct a party, rank the bell, announced her presence to the lady who opened the door, waltzed on in, blithering away with inane banter, and began to set up, before being informed that she had the wrong address.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammie Davis Jr., Lucille Ball. Carol Burnett, just to name a few....,

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Arthur Godfrey, Jack Benny, Red Skelton, Kitty Carlisle, Arlene Francis, Alan Funt

With the hocus-pocus,
You're in focus,
You're the star today!
Smile! You're on Candid Camera!

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I remember getting off the school bus in the afternoon at the country store and buying a Coke and bag of chips. I would hand the old guy a quarter and he would give me a nickel back. Barely remember Cokes in the short bottle for a nickel.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
IIRC Cokes were 6 1/2 oz. 7-Up was a whopping 7 ounces!

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There was a Coke machine at the IH dealer where Dad was partsman. It was a nickel for a small bottle. You dropped in the coin and pulled a lever, which slid a bottle down. The only thing was, it was randomly stocked with both Coke and 7-Up, so you never knew what you were going to get. Then it was over to the penny peanut dispenser.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 64 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.